Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

http://www.gaacork.ie/contentPage/285468/selectors2015

Looking at that imo senior football is one gives me greatest concern as even in Minor football and intermediate hurling there's seem be bit tactical nous
    Having said that minor football and senior management give me football huge concern

Others are grand as least sheehan is with intermediate hurling

Interestingly very low key build up to football sunday in terms cuthbhert couldn't wait to be in media every chance last year
    Good sign imo in he's hopefully learning less talking do it on field
    field

Hopefully cork don't treat Mary I game like sligo game as their all ireland final
    Expectation should be plus ten point win at least five goals

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hurleratheart

seventh7 wrote: »
    Listen I have to agree with you, guys were playing for their places. TTM is an authority on all that is hurling but I have to disagree with him on the minors.
    I was at the game, it was cold for all thirty players. To say the Cork minors were not interested is a bit of a cop out. There are kids all over the County who dream of pulling on the red jersey. It still stir's the blood and moves kids to great feats or at least it should.
    One could use the excuse that the Ag had Dayne Lee and that he played out of his skin, the fact of the matter is barely touched the sliothar during the game. Add in the fact that the college side did not start their first choice centre back or half backs then you can see the perspective of the game. Bad conditions and heavy underfoot conditions apply for all players whatever the game.
    I have heard all the excuses imaginable for all the underage teams and in fairness to the kids concerned they are not at fault. The buck must stop with the coaching. Before you all tell me about the wonderful coaches and their pedigrees, when was the last time we won a minor all Ireland 2001 I believe. So we have had no succesful minor coach in the last 13 soon to be 14 years. However during that period we contested five all Ireland Senior finals winning 2. Its clear that there appears to be little to support the theory that underage success is nesscary to acheive the ultimate goal until you look at the minor roll of honour in that time period, Kilkenny won five, tipp won three, Galway four and waterford took one. Therefore it would appear that minor titles have a bearing on the destination of the Liam McCarthy. What is clear is that minor can set the tone when bringing through players to senior level and developing a system of play that brings success.
    Cork senior hurlers have punched far above their weight during this time period which is evident by contesting 5 finals and winning 2.
    So what creates the disparity we can't buy a minor title yet we contested over one third of the senior finals in that period. Could it be our selection proccess ?, is minor selection too political ?, do we select unbalanced sides with emphasis on abilites that are no longer paramount in the modern game. Something is dysfunctional here and I feel it may be a combination of a lot of factors. In any case this crop of Minors will have to step up to the mark as frankly I would be worried. I

don't want to be going on cos i said it before but tiredness def a reason for not turning up dat day- i know a core group from Rochestown College have had 3 games in a row again last few days and kids can't do it day in day out - id worry if theyd no interest, id be very worried indeed but surely not ?

some of these kids are doing any awful lot and i hope it dosnt come back on dem
    there strength and conditioning would want to be right

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭seventh7

I agree, it has been a very long year for some of the kids. Lots of professional sports people would struggle with the schedule. A lot to be said protecting a limiting the games.
    If you take a talented sixteen year old. Club 16 and Championsip games. Minor in lots of cases, throw in Football and perhaps Cork development squads with tournaments and followed up with Harty or Dean Ryan. Wow thats some year.

In relation to the disparity of corks lack of success in under age to senior all irelands finals and winning this is not rocket science or a mystery, you can solve it easily by breaking it down like you would solve a complex mathematical problem, you break it down work in parts.

Cork team contested 2005 and 6. And four in a row finals had actually underage success in cusack, sullivan, Rock, sherlock, John Browne,Ben o connor, joe deane and. Timmy mac all having minors or under twenty one titles ot some cases both
    They then had a great management of o grady, mcgrath, Wallis ger blue at senior

The exception being the last final where ucc had huge influence in that with lot cork lads winning fitzgoibbion cup medal, and ucc had helped gfill the void to an extent but as proven it was not enough by clare total dominated cork fully deserves win over two games despite ccb still clinging to cork were within seconds all ireland, looking back truth be told as much as we wanted cork win had they, awful to say but could actually done more damage than good I'n it be like elvis long live the king, Frank would sing with Bob long live the great theory they probably recite every day and regards it imo like pytagoursus theorem value wise in they believe in the mushrooms theory cork come over night
    Such utter nonsense of the highest degree imo.

Problem was cork never had full package since 2002 in under age development and then good minors coach imo
    All rest counties beginning with Ard scoil In school with bonner. Natal o grady gone to south liberties now coach I think may have that wrong. Jimmy Browne clare lit fame. Declan Hannon father etc started school revolution limerick and also them other counties, started development squads so cork then had in john considenre and ger manly good coaches but playing talent was behind the rest

When the Peney actually dropped and we got development squads started after not forget the shambles of the ist one in it had to be revamped, then we had appalling minor coaches in pat kennellally that despite trying to tell the people of cork hurling bleep test, running etc over 250 players trialled cork were doing all they could, huge problem was he couldn't actually game manage our pick the best fifteen for cork so if you study it closely simple fact is this year I's really only time we really can test it in development squad have finally been complimented by a successful management proven team at minor and as I said before only if cork fail to get to a minor munster final this year then will I say that cork hurling has huge problems where radical review is necessary.
    If you break it down it's clear to see where the problems arose.

The football panel will be without the ucc and cit players and goulding and kelly won't be in mcgrath cup panel as both have been allowed miss it

Goulding as they say he'd long season
    Imo others have had long season too and I would not be keen on that be honest

Kelly got married but be fair he deserves break with injury record

Having said all that cork should still be well able to field a strong team imo to win this

Pat mulchay said paper expects cork dublin hurling do well this year
    Good interview with David Matthews I'n paper top top trainer always cork excellent shape

That challenge match cork limerick is on Saturday as I thought

Wallis made peter dowling captain midelton
    Great choice with alwyin kearney vice
    No surprise kearney gets a role Wallis sees leadership in him

He'll be terrific coach some day mark my words
    Dowling Kilkenney everything you want in capitan made imo Paul haughey look better hurlers than actually is in done all graft hard work
    Former cork selector Ollie kelleher is a selector also
    Top hurling man
    I just knew Wallis make good choices
    See here before sliothar thrown I'n good management make real statement of intent and by captain and back room announcent clear direct midelton going
    Onwards and upwards
    Great management the core of success

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭CORKDOUBLE

Kerry will have Cooper and Walsh back for new season ....Cork will have Michael Cussen back ....let Aidan Walsh go....our manager is a walking genius !
    Cussen picked at midfield for sunday ! a few Bishopstown lads there as well and a few Skibb lads as well just to keep Don happy ......

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

CORKDOUBLE wrote: »
    Kerry will have Cooper and Walsh back for new season ....Cork will have Michael Cussen back ....let Aidan Walsh go....our manager is a walking genius !
    Cussen picked at midfield for sunday ! a few Bishopstown lads there as well and a few Skibb lads as well just to keep Don happy ......

Isnt it great to see the quota back in place CD? The town as poor a team as any in the county have 3 players starting are any of them up to this level? Where did hazel come from? Does davis bring anything to this set up?
    John hayes at full forward, how many chances does this fella get?
    Great to see former Kerry minor George durrant live out his dreams of playing senior football for cork

MCGRATH CUP V MIC LIMERICK 31/12/2014

The Cork Senior Footballers will open their 2015 season on Sunday against Mary Immaculate College, (MIC) Limerick, in Mallow.
    McGrath Cup (Preliminary Round)
    Cork v MIC Limerick
    Sunday, January 4th.
    2pm at Mallow
    Referee: TBC
    Extra time if necessary
    Quarter Final: W/e 11th January: Winners Cork / MIC v Tipperary
    As always, we'll have live updates from the game here on the website and on our Twitter page, @OfficialCorkGAA.
    The Cork team for Sunday's game has been announced as follows:
    Ken O'Halloran (Bishopstown)
    Liam Jennings (Ballincollig)
    Stephen O'Donoghue (Ballincollig)
    Noel Galvin (Ballincollig)
    Daniel Hazel (O'Donovan Rossa)
    Padraigh Hodnett (Carbery Rangers)
    Jamie O'Sullivan (Bishopstown)
    Fintan Goold (Macroom)
    Michael Cussen (Glanmire)
    Kevin O'Driscoll (Tadgh MacCarthaigh)
    John O'Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
    George Durrant (Ballincollig)
    Fiachra O'Deasuinaigh (Bishopstown)
    John Hayes (Carbery Rangers)
    Brian Hurley ( Castlehaven)
    Subs:
    16. Ryan Price (O'Donovan Rossa)
    17. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)
    18. Michael Shields ( St Finbarrs)
    19. James Loughrey (Mallow)
    20. Tom Clancy (Clonakilty)
    21. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
    22. Colm O'Driscoll (Tadgh MacCarthaigh)
    23. Donnacha O'Connor (Ballydesmond)
    24. Colm O'Neill (Ballyclough)
    Management: Brian Cuthbert (Bishopstown) - Manager; Owen Sexton (Kilbrittain); Ciarán O'Sullivan (Urhan); Don Davis (O'Donovan Rossa).
    *For this competition CIT and UCC players will line out with their respective academies and are not eligible for Cork team selection.

Mother divine sweet jesus I'm lost for words

the management has learned nothing absolutely nothing from last year and make no mistake this is not just mcgrath cup he's perception cork players up senior intercounty are way way off

This in my opinion is a woefully absolutely woeful team selection
    I'm sorry lads be blunt but like in fairness

Halloran fine but he's going to have dreadful game as cussen and gould offer nothing as midfield thread jennings is not a corner back, may survive in slow ground but not up senior intercounty

Donoughue is not a full back but half back sullivan too slow for centre back and better full

Hazel nothing against lad but not up to it all all, this is a joke in fairness picking lads even didn't stand out for club

Padraigh o rourke is not senior standard, just good in the club scence
    Mary I pick any decent team will rip that half back line to pieces

Sweet sweet heaven above

Cussen and gould. Hardly Fred astaire or ginger rogers or Michael flatly or gene butler in lord of the dance dream midfield perternship

Half forward line has no balance but two workers can't create, Kevin o driscoll tried several times last year offered nothing and durrant is fine worker too slow going forward
    Wait for kerry now to say we're sorry we lost durrant fine player just rub cork nose in it

If he's that good why don't kerry want him

O rourke is fine

With respect I've never seen dasunigh come close to this level
    If he wanted a town man Sam oaks who imo isn't up senior but he'll still get goals much better than lad picked

John hayes, even second post last year I'd said not up ot, yet a full year on he's picked again

What a poor poor really poor management we have and nothing has clearly been learned from last year even without other cork players could picked much much better team in my opinion
    Mark my words hayes get one three sunday be deemed an all start
    This set up I'm convinced is actually going no where under current management and there selection policy is pick half county champions team, a kerry player not rates in kerry for senior and Bishoptown players and Rossa where management clearly are from imo hardly picking on form.

• Advertisement

sean mac wrote: »
    Isnt it great to see the quota back in place CD? The town as poor a team as any in the county have 3 players starting are any of them up to this level? Where did hazel come from? Does davis bring anything to this set up?
    John hayes at full forward, how many chances does this fella get?
    Great to see former Kerry minor George durrant live out his dreams of playing senior football for cork

Sean what your assessment overall this team it's strength and weakness??
    Your a good judge

What people views this team

Would people think there's lot club affinity here?????
    This reminds me irish rugby team in early nineties picking one cap wonders or just few caps Chris sarjemmouts, niall malone. Etc Kurt mcqulkin cause he was an all black etc

Best of all was Derek mclesse cause he could kick penalties yes got twelve points in par des prince nightmare shame he couldn't run or pass or kick from hand
    This cork team brings me back to dark days irish rugby imo lads getting few caps here no chance coming close championship

Now before someone says this won't be championship team then my answer is if so why pick lads in games like this

Cork jersey imo not a free for all must be earned to actually ware it in my opinion

Sean what your assessment overall this team it's strength and weakness??
    Your a good judge

This is a selection driven by Cuthbert and davis. Firstly putting ohallorhan in goal is a joke, we know what he offers, price deserves a chance.
    The full back line is selected poorly, Jennings should have been put 3 with odonoghue at 6 instead of hodnett from carbery who is NOT good enough for this level. Hazel where did he come from? didn't even stand out on an average skibb team for me.
    As for midfield.............Christ almighty, 2 big men neither tough enough for this level of football. Poor old kevin o driscoll, brought back and destined nto to make the summer panel again, as for durrant, he is a decent club player but I guarantee this fella will make it onto the championship panel as Cuthbert will be enamoured with the Kerry connection, this is a bog bishopstown failing.
    Cant understand trying Jamie o Sullivan at wing back, another typical town footballer, only at 3 and even then don't think he is up to it.
    O deasuianigh another political selection, not good enough not even the best forward the town have -sam oakes far better or even big denis Crowley at 14!!!
    John hayes who made zero contribution last year as a senior player gets another start at 14.........beggars belief

This is a selection driven by Cuthbert and davis. Firstly putting ohallorhan in goal is a joke, we know what he offers, price deserves a chance.
    The full back line is selected poorly, Jennings should have been put 3 with odonoghue at 6 instead of hodnett from carbery who is NOT good enough for this level. Hazel where did he come from? didn't even stand out on an average skibb team for me.
    As for midfield.............Christ almighty, 2 big men neither tough enough for this level of football. Poor old kevin o driscoll, brought back and destined nto to make the summer panel again, as for durrant, he is a decent club player but I guarantee this fella will make it onto the championship panel as Cuthbert will be enamoured with the Kerry connection, this is a bog bishopstown failing.
    Cant understand trying Jamie o Sullivan at wing back, another typical town footballer, only at 3 and even then don't think he is up to it.
    O deasuianigh another political selection, not good enough not even the best forward the town have -sam oakes far better or even big denis Crowley at 14!!!
    John hayes who made zero contribution last year as a senior player gets another start at 14.........beggars belief

Thank god there's reasonable shrewd people like you Sean, last year at times I was like one voice singing in the rain

I'm absolutely baffled by this team
    If this team plays tipp they will destroy them I'm sorry to say now

Are we being too harsh or is it really very worrying signs ahead

How do you feel facing the league now

Not at all TTM, select players who only have a chance of playing championship i.e in Killarney vs Kerry. Who of Jennings, hazel, hodnett, cussen, durrant, hayes etc would last down there? NONE of them, then why select them? there are plenty of players between the panel, u21 panel and junior panels who could make a greater impact. Many of these selections stink of club bias

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 goalmouth

Ttm ur not being too harsh with ur opinion I'm not informed on the football side if cork but I would like to see changes made with the selection of players on our hurling teams we seem to give players too many chances for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭It makes sense

goalmouth wrote: »
    10 D lowney (Clonakilty )
    11 C Mc Cormac ( Blackrock )
    12 S Kingston ( Douglas )
    13 M Hallaron (Blackrock )
    14 T o Mahoney (Newtown )
    15 R Flynn (Erin's Own)
    This would be my forward line has it all strength speed aggression and each one well capable of being a match winner

No place for looney who has been in great form last 12 months passed out Billy Dunne for consistence must be a spot for him going forward.

think Gunning will start, going well in challenges even do didnt score from play in schools final.  agree with itmakesense too many 17s not a good sign of a team maybe one or two. a year makes a huge difference

Lowney being tried at centre back and o leary moved to midfield last few games but spose they are trying different things.  Lowney nice touch, works hard and fast, reminds me a bit of Twomey from Newtown, id prefer a more traditional physical centre back like o leary myself - a good strong centre back can control a game Aussie Gleeson fro Waterford )key position 

Game V Limerick 8th April so wont be long coming when new year comes in
    Would agree with O'Leary being at centre back do not think he is a midfielder IMO that's where he will play

That's exactly it in nutshell

Wit had I was told bout nine or ten fresher's team that pushed all ucc fresher's team to me second best fresher's along ul in country two points Yet cork bear them

Seventh you have good points but ask yourself this after poor rochestown game they didn't improve that much in four days nor did cork minors dropped after December form

Minors be flying in challenge game and whole you're right in you should bring intensity every he challenges this is unlike senior where these are still young young lads

Kilkenney and limerick both lost one if not more challenge match last year
    I talker some one close links to them and he's often my scource for information

Now I'm no authority on hurling but this fella is what he doesn't know is not worth know

He's had no worry regards Ag lost cork lads has no interest and word caution to Ag wouldn't want to read too much in to it thinking they turned corner either as that's was not real test

Ag management have proved v Thurles imo
    Also Dan gunning got three goal v cork minors limerick imo don't have anyone like him cork has to mark
    Gunning simply sensational, not good. Not very good. He's actually better than that
    Ronan lynch was just sixteen also he started and starred for limerick minors, list I's endless

Lowney is real work horse and fine strong but imo wouldnt have him considered for starting he's imo certainly started for cork minor football

Chris o leary is centre back if you have doubts you call up shane walsh panel
    If they want Tim o mahony can play centre back also has done if want free up forward line

Robbie flynn I said it since October even august saw him Mallow is certain starters has to be is absolutely imperious under high ball is better half forward than Lowney can do all Lowney can and more
    Cormack slightly would loose out place simply as from play scoring below other forward I'd have and cork have plenty free takers

Looney has to and is automatic starter mark my words bar injury
    Lad just sixteen last year came on sub v limerick got outrageous point I know he's highely rated by cork has big big game expierence outstanding aghada in intermediate championship

Gunning will start also and I know limerick expect him to start and saw him real danger however with Wallis gone I font think they will have a plan to hold him

Goal mouth I'm sorry I don't see point in loosing to Ag big deal I'n if lost two in row yes but they beat wit so just once off and everything must be taken within context

Real litmus test in sense will be hammies and more so rochestown v Ard scoil have they closed gap at harty and I say rochestown more as I think they have better chance of beating them simply as they have excellent spine to team with full back in griffin that hammies don't
    I would agree with ttm that roches v ard will give a better impression of where cork and limerick minors are going into the new year. Challenge matches always hard to fathom some lads playing for themselves trying to impress others for the Team managers trying thinks out. Truth comes when championship arrives definetly cork has talent to burn this year.

What people views this team

Would people think there's lot club affinity here?????
    This reminds me irish rugby team in early nineties picking one cap wonders or just few caps Chris sarjemmouts, niall malone. Etc Kurt mcqulkin cause he was an all black etc

Best of all was Derek mclesse cause he could kick penalties yes got twelve points in par des prince nightmare shame he couldn't run or pass or kick from hand
    This cork team brings me back to dark days irish rugby imo lads getting few caps here no chance coming close championship

Now before someone says this won't be championship team then my answer is if so why pick lads in games like this

Cork jersey imo not a free for all must be earned to actually ware it in my opinion

I would be fearing the worst even if Cussan ends up at full forward as he certainly does not have the legs for midfield, as for poor Fintan half forward line would suit better, interesting no Nemo lads on the panel are all their u21 winning team from last year all tied up with colleges?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hurleratheart

I would agree with ttm that roches v ard will give a better impression of where cork and limerick minors are going into the new year. Challenge matches always hard to fathom some lads playing for themselves trying to impress others for the Team managers trying thinks out. Truth comes when championship arrives definetly cork has talent to burn this year.

Sorry lads yer loosing the run a bit - Rochestown have to get over nenagh first - one match a at time
    Ithink football will seriously affect chances - AG training twice a week no football there you have to have Hurley in your hand all the time

My father used have a saying You can't ride two horses with one arse
    IVe feeling football will trip em up
    Jack of all trades

No place for looney who has been in great form last 12 months passed out Billy Dunne for consistence must be a spot for him going forward.

Only giving an opinion the two u mentioned might get a start but I think the six I picked would give any team trouble

Well lads I'm off out for the night to bring in the new year so Happy New Year and best of luck to all in sport and in life
    Goalmouth

With respects to them 11 of those players playing on sunday have as much chance of making a top intercounty player as i have ....i know lots of players are playing for the colleges in the McGrath Cup ....but if this management think that some of these players will it make then we are more up **** creek more than we think we are already under this bluffer ....this man is destroying the careers of our talented players .... Happy new year to all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Shhh, lads, keep quiet, Cuthbert is setting Kerry up for the biggest ambush seen since the Civil war.

(Yes, I have been drinking all night)

Happy new year folks have good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Time/venue of the Limerick game on Saturday? Anyone heading up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Lads and Lassies,

Have a read of this great article about a true Cork Hero managng Cork Heroes!

This is what Cork is all about :)

Interesting to read Kieran Shannon say in todays Examiner ...kinda saying that Kerry could meet a "heavyweight" and a "possibly revamped " Cork in croker next August ..i rate Shannon as top class ...but hes living out of Cork too long would not make a statement like that otherwise :confused:

Interesting to read Kieran Shannon say in todays Examiner ...kinda saying that Kerry could meet a "heavyweight" and a "possibly revamped " Cork in croker next August ..i rate Shannon as top class ...but hes living out of Cork too long would not make a statement like that otherwise :confused:

Do have that link please cd

• Advertisement

TTM it was in yesterdays supplement section where various reporters were looking back and looking ahead to the new season ....Shannon was making his big wish and that was it ...so he must think Cork can reach that level...but as hes been living in Clare and working with Mayo i wonder maybe he does not know the Cork scene now ...i did know one Cork player who had his mobile ..Shannon used to get quotes etc. off him.

TTM it was in yesterdays supplement section where various reporters were looking back and looking ahead to the new season ....Shannon was making his big wish and that was it ...so he must think Cork can reach that level...but as hes been living in Clare and working with Mayo i wonder maybe he does not know the Cork scene now ...i did know one Cork player who had his mobile ..Shannon used to get quotes etc. off him.

I have great time for Kieran Shannon, think he is a superb sports writer and would classify himself along with Christy o connor and Michael foley as being the best especially covering galeic games. But he is way off the mark here,ot sure if its the isolation from cork or if he has watched Cuthbert talk on youtube at a development conference a few years ago allied to his youth etc that makes some of these fellas think Cuthbert is the business........either way I think those of us on the ground in cork no the real story and what we essentially have is a fella out of his depth totally under utilising what is by any measure a very talented squad of players, who are also imo much too acquiescent in this set up.

Orizio wrote: »
    Time/venue of the Limerick game on Saturday? Anyone heading up?

Two thirty martsinetown jp place

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭homeofhurling

Cussen back on the cork panel picked for midfield in sundays McGrath cup game are cork going backwards since 2010 all ireland win .

Cussen back on the cork panel picked for midfield in sundays McGrath cup game are cork going backwards since 2010 all ireland win .

Are they? Ffs they have gone back to 2002 form under thos management terrible decision

Cork hurling season starts tomorrow, good game to start in terms limerick will bring physically good challenge and test some younger lads and give them nice introduction To hurling, ist tactical test probably won't come here or unlikely with Ul either, or ucc but tippeeary in the waterford crystal cup If they meet or WExford in end January imo be real tactical challenge in cork

But ucc and Ul games give nice games for minors get momentum

I'd say limerick probably win tommorrow in played ul and WExford already challenges, cork ist game

I have great time for Kieran Shannon, think he is a superb sports writer and would classify himself along with Christy o connor and Michael foley as being the best especially covering galeic games. But he is way off the mark here,ot sure if its the isolation from cork or if he has watched Cuthbert talk on youtube at a development conference a few years ago allied to his youth etc that makes some of these fellas think Cuthbert is the business........either way I think those of us on the ground in cork no the real story and what we essentially have is a fella out of his depth totally under utilising what is by any measure a very talented squad of players, who are also imo much too acquiescent in this set up.

I'd rate Christy as top top writer
    He got it wrong with cuthbhert but normally right still read him
    Foley cork man terrific writer
    Mary White ladies football Sean truly inspirational in work does promotion game media
    Sarah Donovan like her ability call spade a spade
    Barry Donovan really came imo limelight terrific tactical insight top writer
    Lisa lwwlor red fm good also
    Derek daly writes good pieces also in fairness spot on after cork v tipp what he said
    I rate kieran Shannon and huge time for him also he write blood brothers?? Or book like that regard cork hurling

From a Limerick GAA thread:

Cork 6-13 Limerick 2-18 in the challenge match played earlier today.

Luke O'Farrell was very impressive for Cork at full-forward although both sides largely fielded fringe panelists and trialliists. The Limerick full-back line was cleaned and Cork could have had another couple of goals. Tight enough in the first half. Willie Griffin got a goal after a minute and Pa Begley added a second later in the half. Cork led 2-7 to 2-5 at the break but scored three goals in about 5 minutes early in the second period to kill it as a contest. Good to see young Cian Lynch introduced as a sub. Did well too.

Limerick: Aaron Murphy, Conor McEniry, Tony McMahon, Alan Dempsey, Mark Carmody, Conor Allis, Barry O'Connell, David Reidy, Seanie O'Brien, John Fitzgibbon, William Hickey, Tommy Quaid, Willie Griffin, Pa Begley, Kevin O'Brien. Sub: Cian Lynch for Reidy.

From PROC:

Cork 6-13
    Limerick 2-18

Couldn't make today but the team was

Pa Collins (Ballinhassig)

William Kearney(Sarsfields)
    Damien Cahalane (St. Finbarrs)
    Killian Burke (Midleton)

Sean O Donoghue (Inniscarra)
    Cormac Murphy (Mallow)
    Brian O Sullivan (Fermoy)

Brian Murray (Bishopstown)
    Rob O Shea (Rob O Shea)

Alan frahill- o'connor (Youghal)
    Peter Kelleher(Kilmichael)
    Andy Walsh(Killeagh)

Anthony Spillane(Castlelyons )
    Luke O Farrell(Midleton)
    Luke Meade(Newcestown)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pluszap

Cork 6-13Limerick 2-18
     the team was
    Pa Collins (Ballinhassig)William Kearney(Sarsfields)Damien Cahalane (St. Finbarrs)Killian Burke (Midleton)
    Sean O Donoghue (Inniscarra)Cormac Murphy (Mallow)Brian O Sullivan (Fermoy
    )Brian Murray (Bishopstown)Rob O Shea (carraigaline)
    Alan frahill- o'connor (Youghal)Peter Kelleher(Kilmichael)Andy Walsh(Killeagh
    )Anthony Spillane(Castlelyons )Luke O Farrell(Midleton)Luke Meade(Newcestown)

Good game

Cork were outstanding but limerick considering even second string side, cork had too but limerick were terrible
    I expected limerick win this but imo even this game tj clearly hasn't clue tactics match up all wrong in full back line was dreadful yet waited age make a change
    Hardly tactical genuis in challenge even imo

Cormac Murphy was outstanding
    Cork at last made statement intent in full back from say one he needs games, one or two blips but very good overall regards cahalane
    O donoughue fine game at half back as did burke
    Kearney turned easily at times
    Not senior standard. Burke is but still better ahead him at present

O shea had blinder game midfield

Anthony Spillane I have always praised he was superb with luke o farewell, lovely goals

Horgan spot imo serious three

Good work out, collins fine debut in goal, farhill o connor showed promise high ball winning it in he's time on I think it was him
    He would be cork intermediate bar injury last year
    Cork made subs also but good win
    Ucc next up Thurs, then ul waterford crystal then WExford end Jan in cit and ballyhale are lined up also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

great to see Peter Kelleher(Kilmichael) involved. Serious unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

great to see Peter Kelleher(Kilmichael) involved. Serious unit.

He didn't merit even a mention from TTM. Maby he didn't start?

It's the eve of the senior football season... Tommorrow it starts

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭N20

Anyone have Limerick team lads ?

• Advertisement

Can you imagne what a good manager would do with the talent we have in football at the moment ...any decent manager should at least make us a top 4 side with the talent thats there ....my biggest fear is Cuthbert will end up regressing most of the players in there careers ....it looks like the hurlers are going about things far better ...its great to see some of those young players getting a cut at this level ....mind you i think young Peter Kelleher is a better footballer..and should rattle the midfield position on the u21 football team this year .....great also to see Luke Farrell back if he stays 100% fit he will go very close to starting again ...just neaver gets a break from injury ..hopefully now he will ....i have great time for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

Dunno about Kelliher as a footballer.
    I saw him live twice, in Knocnagree for Macroom college v Dingle and he got cleaned by Barry O Sullivan who constantly jumped from behind him and caught every ball above his head. Failed to learn much about mid field play that day.
    I'll forgive him Thurles with Cork minors where he met Colin O Riordan of Tipp who gave an exhibition of all that is best in gaelic football.
    I heard he is a decent hurler so maby he should stick to the small ball unless he improves considerably and learns to use his powerful frame a bit better.

On the eve of another cork senior football season, after time of reflection on the panel and team for tommorrow im  disappointed by the football team selection  thats imo resembles of jobs for the boys in Bishoptown lad and skiberren lad wouldn't imo make cork junior team, with greatest respect these players yet there playing above imo other better players

Just to be clear I have absolutely nothing at all nothing against those two players, and they are fine club servant etc but I have seen nothing to suggest there inter county senior elite standard and I don't blame these I blame management for asking them to job they simply won't be allowed do against top team's.
    So why play them tommorrow.

People well say no season let's stop negative view support boys or agenda against them or management

Nobody is saying don't support boys as like I said I'll still support them games. Point Is realistic calling something that wrong wrong and there's world difference been negative with cause then actually being realistic what you see you before you
    The agenda of any true cork grass roots fan is demanding cork simply be as good as they can be and cork football not failing this talented group of players imo they

Kerry are even amused at cork team, ist time ever said go for look kerry gaa website forum, and they find this team strange, seriously this is becoming complete unbelievable of a set up that have no tactical clue, no concept judgement players no realistic aims no perception of what cork senior elite players requires and imo just my opinion they totally disrespect ethos and value of the cork famous red and white jersey means in giving practical any lad a run out with cork despite not doing it for club
    I talked few kerry men real astute gaa people there view with gould and cussen, is that cork best midfield??

Remember ireland handing put caps to every sub standard rubgy player early nineties
    To play at elite level imo you even if not best against opposition you must Justify it be being best pick available in your county your country at that time

If these guys are so good why didn't any get nominated even mention cork club teams year. Or any report I read in matches, very rarely I saw them mentioned

Now don't mind this stuff well hear, there looking good In training. And maybe manager see some potential we don't
    I heard same nonsense last year
    Running around cork, or cit etc doing running drills fine, fitness these lads up to it in that regard yes but there's more to being a footballer than fitness

Also remember if panel I'd made up of sub standard players like some here easily stand out in trial matches in training against each other is just incorrectly in I can't imagine intensity from what I seen before is tough to challenge these lads speed of thought or football skills so picking on training despite Club form showing them be sub senior elite standard is waste time imo

I have followed cork team through thick and thin, any every grade in I seen poor managers at times,but in the poor set up imo this set up has actually become, is it any wonder ronan Mccarthy left!!!???
    Yes apparently work commitments, usual line when selector leaves mid term

Ccb said ger cunningham on website left cork hurling work commitments yet he's practical limerick manager as we all know

Hopefully crowds will still go to support the players as it's not their fault and they deserve support as they really need it

I really hope the cork ex greats stand up If results are poor and actually questions this set up and hopefully really good gaa men we have in cork,Will they  please for the love of god ask hard questions if poor results continue purely on the field of play ,and do ruthless assement like kerry or Kilkenney would do, nothing personal toward cuthbhert etc just follow Elaine Harte motto eleven years ago cork ladies and keep emotions aside and just do what needs to be done and this total imo lack real direction within cork football continue, just  ask why some players purely based on club form being average, get picked yet dinnen and laoire don't get fair chance and others

The irony is some and I said this before is some cork gaa fans who are soccer fans with teams abroad wouldn't long be questioning why their club picked or bought poor players yet right on their doorstep and oh manager is poor we want,they literally burn your ear going on bout they demand more of their club,fair enough, but yet greatest respect imo those English soccer clubs are far far distance away how many games actually go and see over understandbly logistics reason yes , but in my opinion same attuide is not done in football it's always erra give them time, applaud their passion etc etc despite year after year after year after year we watch our near neighbours in kerry do a number on us yet it's Ah sure look kerry are kerry cork are cork, let's get behind our boys and sure this any given sunday talk in we may surprise ourselves in a Munster final and even surprise kerry too in the process

I listened to news talk the other day think was on today fm heard mark Lawrenceon describing Newcastle fans in he said it's fine support their team all well and good but they need to add realisim too in some time they heads in clouds so to speak
    I instantly thought cork football, no realisim associated with it majority time imo.

Cork football will always be cork football the poor old relation as the attuide or culture imo absolutely all all wrong at senior and despite the preaching from day one regards values and cork would entice fans back etc etc I don't mean be blunt but actually the opposite is happening cork football fans very disappointed by current state and I said this before if cork don't act fast get new management next year this core group young lads will be lost simply as suffered like their past cork heroes regular huge defeats to kerry and kerry will have like kerry ladies v cork tipp v cats ar senior, and previous kerry teams an inferior complex over cork senior football that with kerry having minors coming through next few years with good under twenty ones a vice grip on munster football cork simply won't be able to break

I want cork won senior hurling title but guaranteed that happens cork football will go way down the order again if football results are poor
    Imo there's enough talent for cork to do both successfully

In 2030 then some will say cork should won all ireland as that's barometer some expect I'm cork one in twentieth years lovely jubbly cork football rocks
    Kerry probably have at least five by then though.

People seem oblivious to that fact
    Like in a game of football or hurling two counties you don't try and chase are kerry and Kilkenney both on and off the field other wise you resemble a dog chasing he's own tail you do it in simply you won't catch them and that is golden rules in gaa bar the odd odd rare exception.
    No one doubts some lads picked for cork their passion and commitment
    I'd regards myself as extremely passionate but I m not cork footballer
    You need so much more so much more to play in this great red and white jersey.

This team picked worst thought it would be if im honest
    I had expected hayes gould cussen but talking about being surprised with others

Daniel hazel no offence to him never played intercounty for cork I don't think so, is around twenty five or so so never showed much potential before imo
    Course I love him to make it but standard in gulf to senior is immense for a lad never on the radar
    People incorrectly naively will say seamus harnedy example, he'll be a bolter
    Harnedy always known by any known cork fan with ear to ground in he's starring for cork intermediate teams and played development squad under walsh. Problem wasnt he was unknown just Denis walsh and ger Fitzgerald spectaculary couldn't see what stood before him give a decent  run of games

Imo ger dismal run four years cork is perfectly portrayed in not giving once second time to seamie who stayed on bench any game yet epic munster final v limerick cried out for him in same night extra time cork lacked physically and lehane sick in lead up taken off brought back on
    Harnedy had potential that yet he developed but he was there in raw potential , rarely do you come out of nowhere

Is he the best half back even without other cork players
    O Sullivan clyda worth go
    Killan hanlon kilahannig not senior elite no. But I said before from minor cork and under twenty one last year where he I thought had fine session and was unfairly dropped early v roscommon despite playing out position half forward. He's better than hazel or bit cut and drive I'm him I'd have him at midfield over cussen any day as least he's young you may may have chance develop he's talent
    He's tigerish on break ball and mobile great engine
    He'll unfortunately never develop cork standard probably in not in college as far I'm aware, not sure on that exactly so won't get exposed top level football as avondu unlikely go far
    I would like see him with cork junior though as I said before I see potential, yes rough around edges but he has potential
    Just twenty two, way younger than hazel or cussen who imo very late improve

Price was there year last year and done well,very agile made three brilliant saves, dabbled bit soccer, but unlikey make cut so why not call up one under twenty ones current keeper panelist Anthony kidney from that great great passage club or martin from great nemo as there lads huge potential so give them a run our as you can develop them

Padraigh Hodnett like wise I think is not senior elite standard
    I mean if you call up these what about Colm tucker o brien nemo imo a fine half back, i mentioned him before , tough as nails

Paul flynn Ballyclough who actually won sigerson with cit and all ireland under twenty one with cork and played senior but never given real run under Counihan, is much better than lad he called up

Desmond when did he stand out??? He is named at corner forward but clear as day imo he'll play a auxiliary back in two man full forward line as play half forward for town but cork essential have with Kevin driscoll, durrant and Desmond with cussen middle third now packed with work horses,and cussen well he's not a work horse but point is all have no creative instinctive

The blanket is fine but like putting a blanket over you're bed is no use if gaps appear and you loose heat or you put the wrong side on first

People must realise a blanket defence isn't just cramp bodies back, it requires a focus, temperent a certain attuide in a player, and manager must know what position to put lads in the blanket
    It's like you build a house you have all materials you must still have a concept and the mechanics of mind of how to build it

Manager must imo have an understanding of good coaching to fully utilise the blanket
    Example of good blanket is Davy Fitzgerald and mcguinness, they know how to utilise it
    Derek mcgrath at waterford trying it but can't utilise it or mcgeeney imo also

If in rugby you pick in every position of your backs, crash bang wallop up the middle backs number twelves in james Downey as an example , you get turnover after turnover and go nowhere.
    Not Downey fault it's just the player style he is

This cork half forward line imo resembles that all huff and puff and energy but bar the elegant o rourke lack real guile and poise and creative minds as well as creative feet
    Balance is all wrong imo too many ball carriers in essence
    Who besides o rourke can kick fast ball and spot deliver forty yard defence split pass with perfect execution and accuracy?????

I expect lot running through the middle and off loading In place but Mary I if they have sweeper shore up middle cork half forward line won't as simply can't regularly this line scorers from long distance as bar o rourke there asking guys do job they simply can't do its not their strengths

You see at first glance people look at half forward line say ah don't worry in they won't start in June.

My angle of thought is is go deeper, whatever bout playing talent surely even the dynamic they see of half forward line is a huge huge worry in they have two workers but no creativity, there view on certain style is evident imo
    I hope to be wrong
    The view is durrant is creative, i don't see it imo.

Is this going to be the half forward line dynamic all year!???

Look at Donegal system all half forward can kick and create at pace and in touch space , kerry like wise
    Paul galvin imo hugely portrayed as one trick poney in work horse but he could actually play good football and while greatest respect I wouldnt wamt be stranded desert island him I'd have him on every single team every day week three hundred sixty five days year simply for he's attitude. He has dog within him in he's steely but he's football skills are sublime.

There's a myth that galvin wasn't a typical kerry football model, yes to a point but he won them more all irelanda, no way would they won without him
    He was their Roy Keane. A perfection of simplicity but he had so much more also.

In fact imo very few forwards you could say make kerry team other counties, galvin not only made kerry team  but in fact would have walked on Tyrone team in their day when other pure kerry football forward some had talent but we're soft within

Jamie o Sullivan should hope it's wet day he's fine in, but he's centre back on dry fast ground, he'll be in for a long long day against any top class centre forward imo

There's plenty other options why not give them games The mallow man , cork under twenty one panelist ryan harkin a game if available

Not over a token jesture over playIng in Mallow but because he's actually better than Desmond or cussen.

Lovely footballer , tough will work and drop back but more importantly far more creative than Desmond or durrant and has two feet and can actually kick a ball which is what a footballer should do just my opinion

O donoughue be fair deserves he chance but bar one display v Donaghey isn't full back but it shows the management up really and truly in one game they rate him

I studied football  this year and I realise that james o donughe full forward or brogan etc would destroy o donoughue as he's too slow on the turn but you play donoughue has a buffer centre back, in a sweeper centre back imo you actually utilise he's strength in he's reading of the game and strength and drive and toughness and he could be an inter county footballers and you minimize he's weakness one v one.

Clare hurling and Donegal with Thompson and bulger even kerry this year with sullivan reinvented them by playing them in a position to utilise their strengths and nullify there weakness

Cussen wasnt believed in by jbm hurling. Morgan didn't rate him highely and even Counihan didn't so that'd three managers don't rate him I'n he's big game temperament is questionable yet he's Brought back in. And he's at age he won't improve now imo

He was absolutely destroyed by Aidan walsh in the last club game I saw of him v Glanmire last year in cold November in Mallow and will come up against better midfield pairing in moran kerry. Kavanagh Tyrone,Thompson Donegal   mcxauley dublin, o shea mayo who will just be tough not just on the outside but also in the inside and greatest respect to cussen they won't give him a ball but wait and see he's a certain starter come may imo

Cussen v kilmallock had great chance to win the game but like always last minute when the need was greatest he missed an easy point

Gould, temperent is lacking for kerry in killarney they well and truly have he's number
    Kerry certainly won't bring the star to midfield to deal with him means me they don't regard him as a danger, in Buckley and Moran will think Xmas came early and will destroy such a pairing and god I get nightmare thinking what tommy walsh or maher if needed would do to cork pairing midfield
    You can take it gould is certainly starter.
    Maguire may force himself in but I can't see cussen being over looked
    Wait for the talk cussen flying in training hopping of the ground
    Papers in national media I'm surprised havent done the line on him yet, the reinvention man, cork answer to the star.

Lads in elite sport I rarely believe in fairy tales or turn back time,the nearest some cork will get to turn back time is if they play Tina turner a great great now I mean great singer, her version of the song on the team bus imo

Kerry have four good options at midfield we have too poor ones with Sean dinneen and laoire disgracefully treated last year much better
    Rory deane when fit if anything like last year go by won't start many games either

Kevin o driscoll could not start last year any of the big games ,  what has he done to merit a recall???

John hayes I said plenty regard him before, people know my view
    I said many times a terrific coach imo he could be but how many chances does a player gets?????

Durrant is he the ist kerry man since james o shea play with cork senior??he as sub won munster title 2002 with cork senior

Now james o se actually had real under age pedigree for kerry but still couldn't make it and certainly was a poor choice from Larry Tompkins Considering better in cork
    It was sheer desperation and panic out Tompkins.

This stems like they  pick ballincollig and ex kerry man and pick unknown so they may say well we're picking Club champions and trying every Club in the county but that's not imo way it works
    You pick on talent and also the level of actually development you can get out of he's potential to senior elite standard
    I call it the scope of potential to develop in a player

Like goal mouth said cork hurling and more so In football gave players too many chances and are not ruthless enough when needed

Imo it's very hard for some cork players get look in with cuthbhert but clear as day for others it's actually harder to get off the cork team

Cork probably beat Mary I but if Mary I are any way half decent and have good coach would beat that team but Mary I are poor and just trench cup team so I doubt it but this could be dour sunday and cork will have empty the bench to won
    Now not with fifteen minutes to go hopefully.

Tippeeary would beat that team hands downJust my opinion and Colin riordain if played midfield would destroy gould and cussen together on he's own imo

Every cork game this year has to have a meaning to it sense direction simply cause cork football so far off the standard and imo team picked here is greatest respect to team meaning less going forward as cork won't have any realist chance getting any new lads up senior and why play these games unless you get something out them
    Clare have opted out but they will play challenges bit under ephie know what their doing
    Our crowd Are going through motions.

Kerry won't take this seriously as start playing soon after coming back from holiday, won't need to take it seriously as they actually have a spine to their team and the time fill I'n the gaps
    Tippeeary only team imo beat cork so if cork beat kerry I hope no over exaggeration talk that cork turned a corner, cork training last two months, kerry just back.

What a brilliant mesormic, inspired, awesome, wonderful story and journey of cork ladies and bring tears to my eyes, splendid article in examiner By eammon ryan
    If cork senior football had such a figure
    If cork ladies are playing championship next year same day as men I'm going to the ladies this time if clash as I belive in ladies set up, easy choice imo.
    It's not,that I'm not supporting the cork cork men it's simply when given a choice I imo would be choosing imo the better set up

See the part in the interview where ryan said you must have no ego he openly admitted he made dopey mistake he's words in a game
    Now compare and contrast that to cuthbhert recent interview I Read just recently, one where the nearest he came saying cork had poor season was he said they had a topsy turvy season
    http://m.independent.ie/regionals/corkman/sport/mayo-rally-saves-corks-season-30871779.html

Again like he always has done failed take ownership like even jbm said I made mistakes, its was we didn't protect ball, we didn't keep ball, we didn't perform at all all, nothing like I make appalling decisionsWith management regarding midfield that I blatantly ignored game v game or treatment of laoire or sullivan or dinneen
    No admittedly sole responsibility imo like eammon ryan, jbm and Jim gavin and there all proven management yet they all credit due fully admit when they made mistakes
    Cuthbhert refused to apologise cork fans last year poor season.

It was if we take away the last twenty minutes v dublin. Take away the kerry performance, we actually had a good seasons he thinks.
    Are they actually serious??
    That's like saying the captain titantic was great until he hit the ice berg, or I would won the race if my horse didn't hit the last fence and fall.
    Imo if and buts, no reality imo.
    It always cork were never that bad under us.

He mentioned dualism didn't work, bingo wow, finally, but in fairness from day this silly idea got airborne I said in post done showing every senior game hurling and football challenges etc that preparations would suffer this time lady year ,I'm just a fan yet I knew this was destined to fail cuthbhert cork senior football manager either didn't see it or just didn't want to see imo and I'm not sure which is which worse tbh . But all we heard well review every few week, yet he's said it affected them in they just had two sessions with football up to the tipperary game and a week half duals up to kerry
    Whos fault that???He allowed it so I don't for a second say he cling that excuse
    Also in fact walsh cameo dual star saved cork so cuthbhert imo need look more team selection for tipp games as imo that's was major part in the dismal performance we had.

Imo he got to take ownership for he's fault, he allowed dualism on he's side

He could said no. Not allowing it, even if lads went hurling, at least you could planned with fully committed lads for season but instead had bit part players

What did fully committed dinnen and laoire I wonder think,they committed  fully  and got little chance yet others half hearted commitment get played no problem
    He said dualism has to be reviewed.
    Let's be crystal clear as walsh said and jbm said the players led by walsh ended dualism, so unlikely he ended it so no absolutely no credit to him or jbm dualism ended as players not them ended it
    Jbm no reason end to a point it when he saw more hurlers to an extent as was always going to be the case
    Did Jim gavin allow it
    No he did not.

Even ger cunningham said dublin just in job they would have no dualism players and even if gavin did it allows it, cunningham wouldn't entertaining it
    Typical he clung to straws the defeat to mayo by a point we could of won and felt cork deserved to win it and sure kerry beat mayo, replay in like we weren't far away all ireland I got impression
    As I clearly proved other day mayo dominated cork in open play absolutely dominated cork and fully deserved the win.

And  now kerry hammered us and would have again in Croke Park if we met as we couldn't compete even at home in cork. Sorry we did compete , we competed for ten minutes.

I remember saying I was shouting for kerry In kerry v mayo in the lead up to the game here as I knew if mayo won the all ireland he's use excuse that cork were point of all ireland champions and some in Cork would cling to it

Same token I want ballyhale to  destroy kilmallock should they meet , simply as otherwise we will hear oh sarsfields close to an all ireland pushed kilmallock to extra time.
    Imo. That would be a view with no logic.

I any day of the week would go for kilmallock and Mayo I like them but no way even against kerry and Kilkenney teams The great enemies simply as they winning will just give moral victory fans cork reason to cling though and refusal to accept reality so cork then suffers imo in the long run so only reason I went kerry and went for ballyhale is is show how far cork teams really are actually off the top so we can improve rather than foolish naive cling to the immaterial and non value waste of time false dawn moral victories which as I have been proven correctly time and again some in Cork will do.

cuthbhert did say he felt this year cork were entering the season outside top four team, well then surely he'll 'll admit past year was a failure as prior to he's arrived cork were top four material
    As I said judging by the team for sunday and players on the panel cork imo learned nothing from last year

As for answer to have cork gone backward since 2010
    Imo the last three years of Counihan cork remained static as a top four team and never progressed and while it's better cuthbhert it shouldn't be seen as acceptable just cause cuthbhert term so bad so far
    Cork should imo won another all ireland then

Since cuthbhert cork have regressed hugely and at least Counihan didn't entertain nonsense of dualism and whatever he's faults tactically cork had least spirit and organisations under him
    Would I want him back, certainly not as imo cork deserves a top top class manager and when he was in charge I wanted him not get a new term as cork hasn't had a great tactical genuis since Mr cork football imo the legendary one and only Mr billy king Morgan and I want one in cork.
    Cork senior football team don't even have a set coach, in everyone seems be doing a bit Of main coaching and cork are down one coach  last year in Antrim s and c is gone but ronan mac also but just Flanagan I's I'n.
    Just my opinion but again cork lackingCompared to others before ball is even kicked.

Look at Laois hurling lost flangan, but have cheddar the passion pride Laois hurling, then ger cunningham ul limerick, padraigh fanning ex waterford top coach joined and s and c also
    They had video analyst even training camp in the ul, yes it was short in the summer but they stayed in top top limerick hotel also Video analyst was outscored I think but put up hotel also.
    No expense spared.

They had Donal o grady doing work development squads in possessions game before Xmas, you got admire hunger and want and desire for excellence, they may fail but there leaving no stone unturned.
    A credit they are imo.

Derek mcgrath apparently wants under twenty one with waterford hurling
    I'f he gets it cork have no fear come July as Liam Hayes Damien irwin tactical out think this manager Imo
    I can't see it though. could be wrong but I doubt paddy ryan will be giving him the role.

Cork ist game Was today  in hurling v limerick. Hurling season up And running and today was win with goals.
    O farell looked hungry, had a want and desire today which absent made heart grow fonder after he's absence so I have no doubt he's the talent once he's becomes old luke like today ruthless goal machine conviction, no soft scoring options with a focus and consistency imo id be seriously starting him ahead pat horgan v Kilkenney
    Horgan needs a wake up call, drop him, v Kilkenney could be the making of him.
    Cork must continue to be ruthless in every game

Anthony Spillane and Colm Barry will get more game time in next games , hopefully and I expect them to in the waterford crystal.
    Shame about Colm Spillane being injured, if he gets clear run he'll be back on panel   very much apparently part of their plans

What a terrific hurler he is, he has intercounty senior written all over him imo everything you want in a hurler he's got it all
    Anthony is the same,huge talent.
    Lordan hopefully get games

Thursday night play ucc canon Michael o brien cup, I'd say a big crowd so soon after passing great canon (rip)
    Waterford crystal then
    31st play WExford then
    WExford be a good challenge match there improving fast and good set up imo
    Cork two years ago played Galway champions st tomas preparing all ireland semi final In a challenge match late winter and doing same this time playing ballyhale shamrocks who will play a strong team so ballyhale have lots inter county lads real good test for cork
    Excellent choice well done cork getting play these guys
    That shows imo good strategic planning in challenge matches picked imo all excellence choice bridging different challenges, limerick grunt and physically was tough today in parts , WExford tactical cuteness and athletics if dry day more guile and poise of hurling than limerick imo ballyhale typical Kilkenney teams everything you want.
    While you can't get carried away you I always advocate you can get key indication from certain things in these games
    Im hearing landers doing good so far but proof pudding is never in the wrapping or on display in the shop windows it is in the eating really and truly so Kilkenney league game and clare and Dublin ist three the ultimate test imo.
    So far credit due good start.
    Should beat ucc and Ul that's three wins in a row.
    Unlike football while I still have doubts over few at least most called up and played today hurling wise have potential to develop and no lads from previous failed campaigns under previous manager's recalled by jbm even though he's retrial likes Murray he tried before.

As for peter kelleher imo he's a lot work on yes In football but much better option than in hurling, but under gene and Sean hayes under twenty one football he'll improve imo immensely.
    Having said that with senior football scence understandbly he may go hurling and maybe jbm can develop him.

Cuthbert and co should resign NOW ....that team picked today was picked by people that have no clue about players ....no disrespect to the players themselves .......this is getting worse and worse .....joke shop only that its serious.

McGrath Cup (2nd half,71 min) Cork 7-20 MIC 0-4 #CorkGAA2015 Cork play Tipp next w/e venue Tbc

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement