Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

N20 wrote: »
    ttm1 You can be 'wan tick biy'

There is no need for that sort of talk please
    If you have a problem debating points fair enough but let's keep it on topic in hand

This argument is really getting bogged down

Firstly Hurling and Football require different skill sets so what works for one may not work for another but depends on a player - I'm not sure these methods has advanced hurling in Kerry ? but I'm being a little churlish

everyone agrees that science has advanced sport and improved things hugely for players, with knock on benefits for teams, clubs, spectTors etc, no one is suggesting we return to archaic methods of flogging players, no hydration, S&C, nutrition etc

it's the guys who are making careers out of exploiting it to ridiculous levels and the managers that get suckered into placing too much emphasis on it versus the skills of the games, that I for one was raising questions about

the irony is with all the science and progression we have, BURNOUT remains a huge issue for our players and the science and it's application does not seem to be addressing that

The deliberate stupid interpretation of some posts has really dragged this argument into the mire

Regards hurling in Kerry it's nothing to do with failure being associated with science in fact down to resources and playing numbers as you will realise football is actually king in kerry

In fact linxnsw under Carey who you like to mention a lot and foley really bought on to s and c side of the game their and in fact they physically blew ballyhea out of the game and also have given bruff lines with ex limerick minors and talented limerick minor this year kyle dillon huge game
    If it wasn't for s and c side of things wouldn't done so well

Wallis coached kilmoey also and hugely improved their fitness and won county

Getting number in kerry problem and when bernine o connor went there he found that and he was a great great I mean really really great coach

Cork man actually I think ex newton man linehan involves in over seeing development under age their doing great work but football will always take precedent understanbly so you

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭seventh7

That's the ist actual logic post I read here among other jargon be fair It's balanced views

Nobody ever wanted athletes over hurling but it's impossible be hurler on modern game unless your an athlete first and foremost

Daly spoke a huge amount nonsense when like you said he actually befitted from strength and conditions at dublin

Every team won all ireland at any level has had huge part in strength conditions etc
    If daly can prove one team done this with just ten per cent split I'd take notice but it's like looking for needle in a haystack he won't find one where a team won all ireland with ten per cent split over team with fifty fifty

It all about balance

No team will won all ireland without balance of speed work agility and strength conditions and nutrition and basic skills game combination of real real tactical nous in management and game flow management

I agree in development squads must be balanced but you got start young as proven starting at nineteen is too late
    Science proves it
    Problem is not the strength and conditions or gym work problem is how and when it's done

Like there is a cork under age team at moment that currently do cardiovascular training and gym work some times same nights
    That's wrong as even average gym goer tell you you don't do weights same day as running etc as muscles are tired and you strain them increase risk of injury

It has huge part of the game once done correctly and not like something you see out of a rocky movie

100% agree. I have seen underage players at 15 and on the current Cork squads that have undergone very heavy gym work. I have seen bodies on some of these kids that have been sculpted by intensive weight training. I have also noted also that some of the kids have hip problems and logic tells me that this may be coming from squatting with weights. This puts extreme pressure on the labrum which results in tears and excessive wear on still developing tissue. Incorrect use of weights in teenagers has very rapid short term results but long term consenquences. I can see extremely driven kids doing inappropiate things with regards to weight training with little or no supervision. The hurling must come first, the motor skills have to be developed, hand eye coordination is paramount. Build in a good stretching and mobility program and we start to build a player from the ground up. let them hurl day and night if they wish as long as they are not running around with weights they will come to no harm.

seventh7 wrote: »
    100% agree. I have seen underage players at 15 and on the current Cork squads that have undergone very heavy gym work. I have seen bodies on some of these kids that have been sculpted by intensive weight training. I have also noted also that some of the kids have hip problems and logic tells me that this may be coming from squatting with weights. This puts extreme pressure on the labrum which results in tears and excessive wear on still developing tissue. Incorrect use of weights in teenagers has very rapid short term results but long term consenquences. I can see extremely driven kids doing inappropiate things with regards to weight training with little or no supervision. The hurling must come first, the motor skills have to be developed, hand eye coordination is paramount. Build in a good stretching and mobility program and we start to build a player from the ground up. let them hurl day and night if they wish as long as they are not running around with weights they will come to no harm.
    Your a huge advocate of this seventh and your always bang on regards it

I think you told us you have degree in this or studied it so when someone like yourself speaks I tend to listen

Am I correct in saying Killan Aherne is classic example of good strength and conditions and wonderful hurling mixed together??

I'd say Ard scoil v Hamilton game could be dodgy with weather??
    Is it going ahead??
    I heard one ptich tonight in Mallow frozen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭homeofhurling

Always sign of a lad looses debate when goes off tangent regards other players no relevant to the game
    Debate the point in question which is Kilkenney will suffer from new rule
    They can't have it all their own way
    We have actually replaced those players bar the rock

Obviously not yet achieved same standard as rest but cork just need a full back
    You need to do more research from the home of hurling surely you know frank murphy is actually a Kilkenney man I belive originally

Kilkenney may well find a full back but there going have huge trouble in holden is not a full back and glynn lad with ucc certainly isn't
    I do agree kilkenny won't take age fill full back like cork

why would kilkenny suffer from the new rule, do you not think skill and guts and blood didn't play any part in all the all irelands well the 10 under Cody anyway. who said Holden would be fullback for kilkenny maybe with Ballyhale.

the only ones making noise about kilkenny not getting there own way would be most corkmen, and cork refs alot of it would be now that we are gone well ahead of cork on the roll of honour , as for Glynn lad fullback with ucc whats the story here, tell you he couldn't be any worse than Shane O'Neill has been for cork the last two years
    i suppose with Micheal Cussen back with the footballers he might get a run at fullback for the hurlers best of luck in 2015.cheers.

why would kilkenny suffer from the new rule, do you not think skill and guts and blood didn't play any part in all the all irelands well the 10 under Cody anyway. who said Holden would be fullback for kilkenny maybe with Ballyhale.

the only ones making noise about kilkenny not getting there own way would be most corkmen, and cork refs alot of it would be now that we are gone well ahead of cork on the roll of honour , as for Glynn lad fullback with ucc whats the story here, tell you he couldn't be any worse than Shane O'Neill has been for cork the last two years
    i suppose with Micheal Cussen back with the footballers he might get a run at fullback for the hurlers best of luck in 2015.cheers.

Your actually telling me what I know I'n I'm totally against those two players

Football no relevance to cork hurling this year so we should keep the point
    Jbm and cuthbhert too completely different managers and you are forgetting jbm dropped him last year and cussen was never a full back for cork hurling

Of course skills guts had part play Kilkenney win no questions
    Questions is that won't matter in as you pointed out in cork had no full back and shane o neill has lots courage and skill but you need a full back as specialsed position

You seem sure Kilkenney be fine at full back
    Who would you think is full back?!

Your going on bout shane o neill as cover over kilkenny full back issues

Cork fans know we have full back issues

It's not case glynn being better than o Neil
    Point is jj greatest full back ever is gone and Kilkenney now won't be able to foul so new rule will affect them

Thry had much better chance saving nash way than now better the enemy you know and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

You were the one started the debate and a selection of few decided that science in sport was wrong
    You are right certain few here alright brought argument to absolutely ridiculous views

With reference to mention of stupidity Only stupirdly on the topic s imo people actually don't bar few know understand concept science in sport

TTM, what did Daly ever do to you. Your condescending manner in which you try to to get your argument across is fairly pathetic. People are entitled to their opinion, whether you like it or not. If your way of winning an argument, is to bore people to death with your essays, then you are right, most people wont bother responding.
    What Daly said is (not exact quote, but the same idea(read the book)) "that you have to go 90:10 split in favour of Hurling over the other stuff. In 2012, Dublin did it the other way round, and no matter how much stuff you do outside Hurling, if you don't get the ball first, none of the rest of it matters"
    Every single team in the world has an element of "science" to their preperation. But unless you get the stuff on the field right, no amount of science will win you the game. Are you counting "Psychological" as a science, i have no doubt you are. Because Daly is one of the best Psychological Managers in the Business.
    It was interesting that you lauded Niall Moran in one of your earlier quotes about "science" and today he is on about how it was getting too much in schools.
    What you regard as "science" appears to be a very very broad term that covers everything outside of the drills and exercises done on the pitch. Just because a college offer a course on a subject, doesn't make it a "science".

As regards, your method of belittling others "knowledge" with your comments. If YOU were so knowledgeable on the aspects of the game, then i suggest you go down to your local club (are you a member of one??) and give a hand on the training field.

p.s. Less is more sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

Looks like Muskets at dawn lads..............lol

TTM, what did Daly ever do to you. Your condescending manner in which you try to to get your argument across is fairly pathetic. People are entitled to their opinion, whether you like it or not. If your way of winning an argument, is to bore people to death with your essays, then you are right, most people wont bother responding.
    What Daly said is (not exact quote, but the same idea(read the book)) "that you have to go 90:10 split in favour of Hurling over the other stuff. In 2012, Dublin did it the other way round, and no matter how much stuff you do outside Hurling, if you don't get the ball first, none of the rest of it matters"
    Every single team in the world has an element of "science" to their preperation. But unless you get the stuff on the field right, no amount of science will win you the game. Are you counting "Psychological" as a science, i have no doubt you are. Because Daly is one of the best Psychological Managers in the Business.
    It was interesting that you lauded Niall Moran in one of your earlier quotes about "science" and today he is on about how it was getting too much in schools.
    What you regard as "science" appears to be a very very broad term that covers everything outside of the drills and exercises done on the pitch. Just because a college offer a course on a subject, doesn't make it a "science".

As regards, your method of belittling others "knowledge" with your comments. If YOU were so knowledgeable on the aspects of the game, then i suggest you go down to your local club (are you a member of one??) and give a hand on the training field.

p.s. Less is more sometimes.
    I debates the point with articles that proved points and others agreed

People gave a post I replied
    It's same old scenario here though people like you pick and choose what you see
    My style debating is give logic and examples
    I would appreciate that your talking about belittle posts you actually look at please one post here that actually insulted me personally where no need for it

Please be fair and equal if your going to judge
    I'm huge fan moran coaching you are correct
    He Brough science in to Ard scoil and super coach

Daly made a comment regards science in gaa
    I debates it as another poster said it was wrong suggest it has little effect when o neill mcguinness kinnerks actually won stuff among others with it

Now I never belittle daly
    I said a fact yes a fact he's good manager but never won senior all irelands as coach

In terms belittle will you please be good to review the mocking comments regards ed coughlan and say others not belittle man proven in science as another poster correctly said rather than single me out
    Please be fair and equal if you criticse my style have courtesy judge others by same merits please

• Advertisement

ttm1 You can be 'wan tick biy'
    People see nothing at all wrong with that though.

Some great news I belive on the way for cork gaa in the next week great great news.

Donal og cusack wonderful ambassador for cork has he's programme on gay rights next Monday and he mentions it in relation to gaa
    What a wonderful courage brave young man he is and awesome servant to cork gaa in my opinion and wonderful sporting hero for cork imo
    Coming out of the curve is on next Monday night on Rte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Some great news I belive on the way for cork gaa in the next week great great news.

3 greats in one sentance ttm must be Brian cuthbert and john hayes and old frank are joining a monastry in tibet and antony daly the kk hurling boss?

Your actually telling me what I know I'n I'm totally against those two players

Football no relevance to cork hurling this year so we should keep the point
    Jbm and cuthbhert too completely different managers and you are forgetting jbm dropped him last year and cussen was never a full back for cork hurling

Of course skills guts had part play Kilkenney win no questions
    Questions is that won't matter in as you pointed out in cork had no full back and shane o neill has lots courage and skill but you need a full back as specialsed position

You seem sure Kilkenney be fine at full back
    Who would you think is full back?!

Your going on bout shane o neill as cover over kilkenny full back issues

Cork fans know we have full back issues

It's not case glynn being better than o Neil
    Point is jj greatest full back ever is gone and Kilkenney now won't be able to foul so new rule will affect them

Thry had much better chance saving nash way than now better the enemy you know and all that

sorry your the one who brought up the fullbacks about jj gone and Glynn not good enough and kilkenny can't foul anymore i supose cork defence don't foul either. my post was about Nash talking about the new rule i just said this came up over the way the man took his pens in 2013 i didn't say he was wrong but now its easier to score them and as i said he will know as he will be the only man on the line, your the one who brought up jj and eddie keher . as for fullback for kilkenny Paul Murphy can hurl there Kieran Joyce last years MOTM in the replay won an allireland under 21 at fullback, we also have Micheal Walsh who hurl league and walsh cup last year there and if all come to all we can hurl Damien Joyce this years all ireland winning captain there, Mick Fennelly could hurl there as he hurl great stuff centre back for the club this year, you won't know even John Dalton could make a come back still young and hurling greay stuff with carrickshock;)

and by the way on his day Noel Hickey was one of the best fullbacks in the game better than JJ, who was one of the best wing backs in the game along with offalys Brian Whelehan.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Cu Baire

I debates the point with articles that proved points

Now I never belittle daly

You said in an earlier post:

"You can trust my astute judgement limerick academy will go backwards under him"

I think people here are astute enough themselves to judge what a belittling comment is.

Unfortunately a lot of posters no longer trust your astute judgement as it is too tainted by personal bias.

Cork hurling panel will be finalised pretty soon for the league

I'd have im my panel

Goal keeper nash and Mccarthy
    I had great concerns regards him as a half forward for cork and I think he has showed nothing to suggest he's inter county
    Don't mind this give it time lark
    On panel few years and also playing club hurling there so imo no excuses
    Should be sub goalie but collins county him unlucky hes been brillant
    Certainly on the radar and will be under twenty next year

Full back
    Cahalane but he's injury record is poor and he had double hip replacement so cover must be got
    Colm Barry is not full back neither is shane o neill nor is mcdonnell or butler or sullivan etc imo
    Dennehy should got call up and nagle also

Huge worry going forward in cork not only need full back need cover too

Eddie gunning should got games imo as he has everything imo for senior full back and should be groomed like the rock at nineteen was at corner back if available
    Colm Spillane if he recovers from the new treatments he is getting with injury

I hope he is not lost to the game at full back like darragh roger was at full back due to injury
    As for cork full back coming up the ranks just watch sean o leary hayes as massive potential for minor next year
    Everything you want in a full back
    Such a natural instinct for full back play. Has pace and balance of feet also.
    Tremendous attuide on the field.

Collins and meade and o donughe and lee were used and meade and lee still in school hurling gunning imo should have been
    I still don't believe jbm realises the gravity of the situation at cork full back we have imo at present.

Corner backs
    O neill
    O Sullivan
    Mcdonnell
    Burke
    I'd have him there in mcdonnell could play half back or even midfield in possessions game and played their as minor
    Stephen murphy must be injured as was on panel never got game so far

Half back line

Colm Barry
    Joyce
    Ellis and Cormac Murphy
    Lorchan mcloughlin

Midfield
    Kearney and o shea
    Walsh and coughlan
    It was said here Murray could be developed in time
    How much times does he need
    He's been cork minors and under twenty one teams and subbed and with ucc and he's been poor and inconsistent
    No where near senior imo
    Impressive last year canon Michael o brien final yet sub standard for ucc against elite opponents had been taken off
    Im sorry but if people can't see this we'll then they should look at Kilkenney midfield play.
    Kevin hennesy said cork need battlers as well as hurlers
    Murray is the fast tippy hurler but won't do in the coal face of modern midfield play

Half forward

Lehane
    Shane o keoffe
    John cronin
    Alan Frahill o connor
    Seamie harnedy
    Bill Cooper

Daire lordan never got game time despite in panel hopefully v cit will and much better trying develop young guy than playing walsh who at he's age won't improved and had two games already
    Not fair lordan doesn't get chance
    Cian mac I don't care who son is he or how much hurling he has  he is lacks mobility for senior elite intercounty county and has been given plenty chances since 2010
    No one can say he didn't get a fair crack at it to be fair
    But this is he's fifth year in all fairness.

Lawton didn't do enough unless he does it v WExford challenge and ballyhale. Last chance saloon imo for a few cork players

To be fair to john horgan tonight he said lawton and haughey should be making a greater impact in there around a while the panel now

Horgan, he's castle matyra man but he realises lawton must start making a mark now
    I always admire honesty within

Imo he had plenty chances, totally unfair others not getting same chance like outstanding john cronin who done everything asked for minor, under twenty one and junior and intermediate football hurling for corl He always give a work rate and honesty and consistency in any cork game he ever played imo.
    Yes he needs be developed but imo would with good coaching

Full forward

Anthony Spillane
    Cadogan
    Cronin
    Farell
    Paudie
    Horgan
    Moylan

Carry big panel and try and mix and match for league and Every one yes that includes patrick horgan the undoubted talents of cork hurling but in some eyes that seems to be immune criticism unlike cronin and kearney who got unfair criticism at times by fans imo,
    No reason why if manager cork I wouldnt drop him

Every player. Must gets fair chance and I don't give a care where there from,or what ethic group they represent, or whether they are  gay   heterosexual , bio asexual,Whether they wear pink, black, green,yellow, a red even tights  (tights were mentioned here last week cork player wore them,I see no issue with it ) or if they wear none  at all , whether they have figi roots or other non irish roots etc or from east corl , West. North or south or mid cork it imo doesn't matter at the end of the day once they can play hurling and are the best available in cork at any given time.
    All other stuff is immaterial just my opinion.
    There being judged soley and purely as cork hurlers ability wise nothing more nothing less.
    I hope some day cork will continue the way in modern ethic ireland and have   players from different ethics groups in senior football and hurling teams for cork and I'd love see such players win all ireland with cork

Sean og was a wonderful example by cork in bringing in sean og a great really really great player with figi roots

There's few outstanding prospect in hurling and football imo not from ireland originally but living here now,  two in particular in hurling that are young but imo huge potential and one in football I expect be playing senior club football soon and these lads immense credit are really fantastic ambassador for their clubs and school and county of origin.

There living in ireland now and we're lucky to have these talent imo. We should avail of their talents on the field of play if they choose to stay playing gaa and are not lost to other sports

That simple when judging a player. Talent all you judge on. That's all you ask is player X best available player in cork this moment in time in this potential and if not has he more scope for potential than Mr y
    Treat it like a mathematical complex problem in applying logic and common sense and breaking it down you will always always find a solution that actually works imo
    Same concept of thought and reasonable logic must apply in my opinion.

And we're gone from three year development plan with jbm that I advocated give time as be fair took over cork in a shambles due to neglect at under age but look three years are gone now every year from here on in is about winning an all ireland, as set base now to work off and let's not  revel in moral victory or munster titles land or rely on divine inspiration cork can control their own destiny if they choose

Canon Michael o brien (rip) was a hugely religious man and yes went mass before games but he never really relied on divine inspiration he actually was imo the hurling genuis that provided inspiration and in 1990 he drove in cork car reg 1990 27c in to ist training session of the year
    He made a wonderful statement of intent

That was the year cork won the twenty seventh all ireland in their roll of honour
    he controlled what he could control
    Paul o connell in munster rubgy says control the controllables

Cork hurling attuide imo must be like the greats I mean now the really really greats of gaa Kilkenney and kerry and corl ladies football always wanting more, and can never imo have limerick attuide imo

As for cork football moving on swiftly to matters closer to home cork rating of players again imo I'd ls too soft at times in no ruthless annalise and that's bad imo as managers never put under any pressure so selector never justified and no case of any responsibility or ownership ever taken imo

O donoughue like I said deserved praise
    However again not complete judgement when the ptich as I said before game the day before clonmel is poor after rain and imo was like a bog sunday
    Cork are heavily training for the last twelve weeks around and flangan as boys physically and fitness tip top shape

Donoughue was turned easily at times by sweemey and in fast ptich like portlaoise ot Thurles or killarney o donoughue kerry or burke Galway, Wallace meath will absolutely destroy him for pace and make a great centre back look poor

Tipperary are just back half that time training wise and no where up to cork fitness yet

Cork physically blew them yesterday but on a footballing sense with game plan cork imo were way off . Midfield and a defined system play and scoring from play were not much better
    Both tipp and cork got eight points from play and cork have better scoring forwards but never got quality ball also huge worry tipp scores play in both half cork failed to score once from play in the second half.
    Yes cork FAILED TO SCORE FROM PLAY IN AROU THIRTY SEVEN MINUTES in the second half.
    Against the wind is no excuse imo.
    It was bad but Christ it was hardly a hurricane imo.

Collins said tonight cork have been under flangan running a lot
    I said before I heard flangan fitness wise has them super shaper
    Problem imo is lacking coach in football sense
    Here like argument earlier fitness and strength conditions must be balanced no point one with out the other
    Car can't run on petrol or disel alone needs other components, same concept

Cork last year went long spells in games without scoring and the Same problem again clearly evident in the mcgrath cup

But this is what you get when you have no defined coach.
    A senior elite team with aspirations of all ireland finals, Now I don't mean sligo with respect to them, and with respect to cuthbhert may think their our all ireland final, I'm sorry their not, this imo is simply not on imo
    Cork grassroots fans have high standard for cork football.we know it can do better.

Loughrey was good At times
    but as I said physically powerful and yesterday game suited him but I'n faster game he'll be taken at corner back as he's one v one defending is poor again any top corner forward in the game

Hazel was okay and is soild club player but huge gap to intercounty
    Imo he wasn't he turned over loads ball and was never as be fair said tested defensive wise but he's no where near senior Imo.
    It's an unfair ask imo in never played underage for cork at any level and I don't think starter on ucc teams

Is he better than white. Crowley. Clancy boys, Dorman. Loughrey, O driscoll etc.
    No he is not imo.

Cussen got game even though they knew he had hamstrings but thought it was fine
    Anyone has hamstrings problem I had them myself means your don't risk it in heavy ground especially
    Midfield was just okay as a unit but majestic collins carried them
    Modern midfielder must win aerial ball but be mobile to chase down opponent short kick outs, an engine like a Ferrari to cover huge milage. Hunger of a wolves and the bravery of shea fahyOr Aidan walsh or teddy maccsrthy , etc to contest balls and even with no  hamstrings he imo won't do these requirements in big big games imo

Cork football some see him as the saviour and it'd unfair on him imo expect him do jobs he won't simply be able to so.

It was must be remembered that o brien was pivot there last year for tipp yet absent and Colm o riordain is half back or midfielder not full forward
    Clancy was in trouble at times and one such mistake gave o riordain a goal chance that he took poorly
    Do that to Michael murphy, Sean cavanagh , brogan, the star , there will be only one result make no mistake about it.
    That's a given fact imo.

cork play hazel and sullivan at half back yet we have loughrey o donughe and clancy yet we play them full back
    Thank god Dorman is with ucc or he would be full back
    This talk of experimenting for cork is wrong in cork need a settled team and imo can't chop and change like last year and with shields likely to be out for the league full back line must be settled imo not this nonsense of musical chairs
    some I talk to at match believe also not worry regards system in go orthodox while you give new lads game time
    I don't agree, if your trying new lads you must play them in the system you will play in championship to test are their game adaptable to that particular type of system you are implementing.

Cork team being announced Thursday night now it seem to have changed from early announcement of last year

Midfield huge huge concern going forward

Desmond had full twenty minutes make impact.
    I'm sorry now but he kicked away aimless ball at times

Durrant had thirteen minutes yes not much but he didn't stand out in terms of when he had the ball he had no killer pass

As for George durrant he's good club man but imo cork have much better than him in collins, o rourke, Vaughan much much much better, sugrue, kelly brian o driscoll ten times better if played as half forward
    I remember five years ago munster final minors cork won when hurley gave a beautiful dink mike Gibson be proud of, and got goal time up cork win,best way beat kerry is by a point, o rourke absolutely destroyed durrant at midfield with Jamie burns also from barrs so much so durrant was with drawn.
    O rourke imo is dogged like durrant in he's commitment is fine but o rourke has guile and creative instinctive durrant doesn't have
    I just don't see creativity in him.
    Man of the match is fine in county final??? Who was he's opponent??
    Hardly elite With greatest respect to he's opponent in senior elite intercounty level
    Though he was  okay v Dr crokes and offered little creativity in that game
    Okay won't do in killarney v kerry.

Now durrant has obviously got physically stronger and being a physical trainer himself fitness won't be a problem but still I just don't see he's potential to senior elite, a soild club player I have no doubt, i could be wrong of course with him and I love to be wrong with him

The best people to ask regards durrant are kerry people and anyone I ask say would not be kerry senior so for that reason imo not cork potential

He's living in cork but ballincollig isn't far training in killarney and short drive in respect alan o connor who had nearly four hour round trip In cork to train etc so if he's that good could played with kerry
    He's good club player and to be fair out of cussen. Hodnett, Desmond, then hazel, etc he's not huge wild card like them imo and fine club player no doubt.

If durrant was best cork I wouldnt have care n he kerry man I'd still pick him, my concern is he is picked over notion he's kerry blood by management
    Yes argument he got mom county final picking on form I'f so why didn't others get fair trial Like at midfield etc

Some balloncollig fans at the match sunday I talked to, you can see with respect but not all them I talked to think this management has turned a corner simply cause cuthbhert picking lads like sullivan. Jennings and durrant and imo should be no where near the panel but there In very happy as there club men are being picked

If there were with any other club they would say there not best in cork
    The same people are the very ones to wonder then why kerry always beat us and will always questions then when kerry win as cork football has huge problems
    But they won't say a thing not a whisper content as their club men are on the panel and all I heard was yesterday was be positive. Row in behind team new season yet during the year they wanted cuthbhert make changes

All the same how some views just cause balloncollig have a major share in the cork senior football panel and they never had it so good
    Classic example of all that what is wrong imo with cork football.
    Once it is not on your doorstep nobody cares.
    What a difference a year makes all the same in some eyes.
    Kelly donoughue kiely deserve to be there on merit imo
    Rest are not the best available in cork currently imo

Jbm said will pick same team if he can for cit
    It's being named Wednesday

He should give lordan Stephen Murphy etc games
    He can't play team started if beat cit for tipp or clare imo in tippeeary or clare will have strong core out
    Tippeeary beat WExford in a challenge and has strong core out

Its been good three games for cork in three wins but the tipp clare game has to be fine tuned for Kilkenney game and Spillane ineligible for game so imo must start v WExford in challenge for Kilkenney game
    I said last year cadogan would be fine and had to start

My two young hurling stars I feel could make huge impressive contribution to cork are Anthony Spillane and Cormac Murphy
    I guarantee anyone hear if Spillane starts v Kilkenney he will absolutely Be brilliant against there full back line as we have seen nothing compared to what we will see with Spillane yet in Kilkenney game he'd relish and he would simply go above another level.
    He's attuide is exactly what you want against them, oozes send belief, breathes self confidence and is bullish tough no nonsense hurlers with awesomeric skill imo with lovely balance and by has he pace.
    Awesome talent imo. A hurler but a warrior also.

I watched him a lot through the years the real deal like Cormac murphy
    They don't need chance after chance like some they hit the ground running
    Murphy has got stronger physically and is hugely different player two years ago and has awesome hurling on both sides and aggressive hurling he has
    He now has the confidence and knows he made for this level
    Imo cork player intermediate all ireland winning team last year despite playing just four out of the five games

Yes there will be different cases like lee and meade just out minor who done exceptional in their games so far that these young lads need abs must get time to develop so cork need be patient information about
    They imo two huge prospect for the future but imo should training with senior panel but imo not in league considerations when others imo are ahead of their development at this time but imo their time will come
    No need to rush them

It was referenced here  Tracy Kennedy is huge loss to cork gaa twitter and imo I totally agree she really brought cork gaa twitter in to a new world
    Her word press every week report on killeagh imo outstanding Role model all club should aspire to
    Unfortunately it's robbing the rich and give to the poor imo as the huge gains in her at vice chairperson will undoubtedly be felt at pro in my opinion and Tracey set the standard others imo owe it to her legacy as pro to follow in her footsteps
    She was a great I mean great now really really great pro for cork and will be a wonderful chair person and hopefully chair some great great I mean really really great day in the future now.

sorry your the one who brought up the fullbacks about jj gone and Glynn not good enough and kilkenny can't foul anymore i supose cork defence don't foul either. my post was about Nash talking about the new rule i just said this came up over the way the man took his pens in 2013 i didn't say he was wrong but now its easier to score them and as i said he will know as he will be the only man on the line, your the one who brought up jj and eddie keher . as for fullback for kilkenny Paul Murphy can hurl there Kieran Joyce last years MOTM in the replay won an allireland under 21 at fullback, we also have Micheal Walsh who hurl league and walsh cup last year there and if all come to all we can hurl Damien Joyce this years all ireland winning captain there, Mick Fennelly could hurl there as he hurl great stuff centre back for the club this year, you won't know even John Dalton could make a come back still young and hurling greay stuff with carrickshock;)

Dalton I rate hugely and seen him many times but I fear like Colm Spillane injury may curtail him
    I do hope he makes it i hate see injury end any player careere

I think Paul murphy is outstanding corner back I don't think he's an full back
    As for Damien Joyce bit young for central position

I'd agree kieran Joyce is best option but would you fear a lack of pace??

The full back I think is key to any team as no one can foul with new penalty rule so imo paramount to every team

Cahalane is being tried for cork and could make it but I'd worry if injured cork have no back up cover

and by the way on his day Noel Hickey was one of the best fullbacks in the game better than JJ, who was one of the best wing backs in the game along with offalys Brian Whelehan.
    No doubt hickey was great and huge fan he's a hurling man inside out
    He played with response inter firm charville last year win all ireland medal and played most games this year bar the cork final that thry lost

I don't doubt him as full back I felt jj was better though

• Advertisement

if you look back to last years draw game seamus callianan gave JJ the run around and if it had of been anyone else fullback Cody would have took him off Richie Hogan saved our arse in that final.

if you look back to last years draw game seamus callianan gave JJ the run around and if it had of been anyone else fullback Cody would have took him off Richie Hogan saved our arse in that final.

I think jj had good game and made one awesome hook on callinan

I don't think it'd true with Cody he's proven many times reputation mean nothing he'd take off any player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Donal og cusack wonderful ambassador for cork has he's programme on gay rights next Monday and he mentions it in relation to gaa
    What a wonderful courage brave young man he is and awesome servant to cork gaa in my opinion and wonderful sporting hero for cork imo
    Coming out of the curve is on next Monday night on Rte

valerie mulcahy involved in this too, best of luck to her

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭seventh7

Your a huge advocate of this seventh and your always bang on regards it

I think you told us you have degree in this or studied it so when someone like yourself speaks I tend to listen

Am I correct in saying Killan Aherne is classic example of good strength and conditions and wonderful hurling mixed together??

Yes I do have a backround in the subject matter. I dont want to focus on any individual players but I will name you three underage players which in my opinion have been left to develope at there own pace with no resort to gym work. John Sullivan, Blackrock, Paul Lyons Mallow and Killian Aherne Na Parasaigh. If you watch all three play you will see the similarities. All three are late developers, the three have excellent touch and awareness they have flirted with Cork underage squads without ever being considered A Grade. Two have been very impressive In the Harty despite their young age. They are yet not as explosive as some of the underage stars but their natural games are intact. Lyons has impecable movement and striking. O' Sullivan has a great hand and is a natural reader of the game. Aherne strikes equally as well off both sides and has very good control of the sliothar for a big lad. Being considered not good enough for Cork A sides over the last 2 years has left these kids off winter training panels ect. This in my opinion has saved them from the inevitable overtraining and hyberbole which accompanies inclusion in Cork underage squads.

Harty cup games today

Fao Denis Hurley pleaae
    Denis are harty cup games going ahead today or will the snow affect them??

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cork-gaa-star-mulcahy-comes-out-to-help-others-306782.html

Unbelievable courage by Valerie
    Fair play to her for breaking the silence
    Cork are proud and lucky to have her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

The three Harty games are called off!

Figsy32 wrote: »
    The three Harty games are called off!

I knew mallow would be last night the game ptich was rock frozen

Unsure others
    Thanks

Ard scoil had peter casey out and ronan lynch was injured with back injury so likely they may be fit Next day

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/1401150735-aidan-walsh-vows-to-right-the-wrongs-of-2014/

Great great I mean really really great read here

Walsh hurling will improve by another ten per cent this year
    He imo will be contention for an all star

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/1401150735-aidan-walsh-vows-to-right-the-wrongs-of-2014/

Great great I mean really really great read here

Walsh hurling will improve by another ten per cent this year
    He imo will be contention for an all star

I hope you are right as in my opinion he has made too many mistakes on the field of play in both codes to merit all these column inches.
    He sure is a media darling.

wackokid wrote: »
    I hope you are right as in my opinion he has made too many mistakes on the field of play in both codes to merit all these column inches.
    He sure is a media darling.

In football he was never coached properly at senior imo to push on midfielder erases kicking weakness

Peader healy cork coach imo I don't think is as good as others
    He's with crokes this year was not great o Donovan Rossa last year as results proved

Last year dualism affected both

He won two all stars young football year on ball winning but if stuck one be accomplished football

Hurling he had brilliant season bar tipp game but I remember saying prior to game I had huge concern regarding he's striking against woodlock and one game cried out for lorchan at midfield

He totally hurling and with pat mulchay he'll improve striking no end and saw cit training two week ago around and he's striking improved already you can see

Landers will improve him also and landers working on pace power and accelerate from standing start cork st present so walsh power will even improve further

He was outstanding munster under twenty one final eight points play four years ago sensational v tipp also

He's now purely hurling alone cork

I don't mind player being media darling once on field justify it

He had reasons be fair flaws in games last year
    Horgan had no such excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Harty cup games today

Fao Denis Hurley pleaae
    Denis are harty cup games going ahead today or will the snow affect them??

Sorry, only saw this now. Munster PPS hoping to get games played tomorrow or Friday

Sorry, only saw this now. Munster PPS hoping to get games played tomorrow or Friday
    No bother
    Thanks a million Denis much appreciated

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2406131229-training-smart-an-interview-with-cian-oneill/

This is a great great really really read about balance of training
    He's record stands out as well proven and he imo just my opinion would be an expert in the field
    I know when In Newtown there were delighted with him could not speak highly of him

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2406131229-training-smart-an-interview-with-cian-oneill/

This is a great great really really read about balance of training
    He's record stands out as well proven and he imo just my opinion would be an expert in the field
    I know when In Newtown there were delighted with him could not speak highly of him

That is an excellent article. O Neills record as coach since 08 is remarkable.

Tipp 08: AI semi
    Tipp 09: AI final
    Tipp 10: AI winners
    Tipp 11: AI final
    Mayo 12: AI final
    Kerry 13: AI semi
    Kerry 14: AI winners

He really knows how to get teams to peak at the right time. He brought Tipp from the dark ages in 08 and built the team up every year until we finally got the better of KK.

• Advertisement

dcrosskid wrote: »
    That is an excellent article. O Neills record as coach since 08 is remarkable.

Tipp 08: AI semi
    Tipp 09: AI final
    Tipp 10: AI winners
    Tipp 11: AI final
    Mayo 12: AI final
    Kerry 13: AI semi
    Kerry 14: AI winners

He really knows how to get teams to peak at the right time. He brought Tipp from the dark ages in 08 and built the team up every year until we finally got the better of KK.

I'd agree and though should be posted here that's imo one of the great great I mean really really great articles but backed up by pure proven successful record and not just some off the wall opinion imo

He made key points regarding coaching and systems and tactical key to winning and that's where my greatest fear lies with cork football

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭CORKDOUBLE

Hopefully its football news .....Cork football fans could do with great news ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

TTM .. Of course sports science has a huge influence and input into sport at inter county level . The problem is a lot of skills and basic elements are lost when all S&C starts to take over. I know junior clubs who are bringing in S&C coaches and they will not see a Sliotar in trainng for weeks. S&C is becoming about bulk and size to detriment of skill and skilful ball players. I know in Cork a bit of proper S&C would do our hurlers no harm but JBM is on record as saying he wants hurlers not elephants. Elephants are winning the battle tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭CORKDOUBLE

Fringe players picked again for the C.I.T. game ....not sure about Chris Joyce at full back dont think that will work....

Rochestown play nenagh tommorrow in charville and imo should win and while the weather will balance it to nenagh favour in it could be low scoring rochestown dogged grit of beating caoimhins and winning war attrition will stand to them and they are used to charville ptich and I think they have too much for a fine nenagh team but limited up front  but character and spirit or organisation won't be a problem.
    Ptich may pass the inspection in the morning but the wind hurricane style meant be there til afternoon, I don't see If that bad how they can play the game
    We all want it to go ahead but this is knock out, players trained hard enough and made enough sacrifice on both teams so imo must be given a fair chance and not asked play in hurricane style winds.
    Weather meant to break a bit the weekend.
    If worst comes to the worst try play all weather ptich in evening like ul astro turf if needs must.
    Yes it's longer drive for rochestown but it's a top ptich and good counsel and Athenry under sixteen fell victim weather was played last minute there, yes logistics were diffcult for good counsel but they won
    Rochestown this team would absolutely fly on astro ptich as they like play fast hurling.
    They can and won in the wet heavy ground but imo dry surface suit them

Rochestown are a credit to cork in their an awesome hurling school but football also and in day of dying breed of dualism they do try and and certainly among great dual school like good counsel in WExford

Bit like Ard scoil in they started their revolution only twelve years ago and absent for thirty years yet making step up last year got to the the semi final beating highly fancied Thurles along the way but being edged out by a dogged doon in charville.

Denis mcdonnell reinvented hurling to the school that really picks players from club from carrigline where captain David griffin is from, blackcock, Douglas,passage, tracton etc and in football nemo rangers they had few representives, Rome wasn't build in a day and they made steady progress and in 2003 got to the semi final cork under fourteen competition and lost the under sixteen final two years later
    In 2007 they won both the under fourteen and sixteen titles.
    This was all at c level

In 2008 they won the b final under fourteen and under fifteen reached the Munster b semi final.
    They won the b under fourteen and under sixteen cork grades.

They won the frewn cup I'n football last year I'n mallow beating Brendan kerry team to kerry dommince of the competition and the likes shane Kingston played and lost In the all ireland final to good counsel a very good team
    Got to the the Munster under fifteen final football last year
    Got to the Munster under age football final again this year loose to flannans In Ballygran in the autumn

Last year they had a good dean ryan cup pushing templemore to four points in a high scoring game
    This year they dropped down to the b under sixteen equivalent in hurling and won munster b beating Christ ri with harty cup current john sullivan playing

Last year in the harty they played six games in their debut year and beat likes midelton and Thurles and only lost two games to dungarvan and doon but lost close games
    This year they won the callaghan cup for the ist time beating a much vaunted Ag team 2-9 to 1-6

They had the likes of mark dolan, aron ward. Shane Kingston Daniel meaney dual minors before injury David griffin, Sean powter all on cork under age team's and will have at least David griffin and shane Kingston and possibly john Cashman if not more involved this year hurling team and will also have football representives.

There coached by Diarmuid fahy originally from oola I think and Aidan lonergan a tipp man but a brilliant coach who Attention to detail second to no school coach in the country but imo equal to the best

Last year expierence will stand to them, captain David griffin who played and won minors football county with carrigline and was under twenty one hurling at club this year and was quite accomplished at that level I'n he's that good, shane Kingston who tormented limerick minors last year, John Cashman and paddy lynch and Liam o Sullivan, cathal sheehan all involved and of course Daniel meaney who recovery from injury he got with training cork minors football team last year.

I don't see any major weakness in the team in the central areas.
    There not a marquee team by any means in fifteen star names, i don't think any school is bar possibly Ard scoil or kieran killkenny down the years and I'm not sure if they can with it outright in would they if they had to beat Ard scoil, I'm not sure but I'd give them a good chance, but there a team with in key position have a solid spine, good organisations, well coached and few outstanding hurlers.
    I certainly believe rochestown could beat Thurles or castletroy if they met,particularly castletroy

Adrian culliane is solid keeper and made great save v caoimhins and in the ist game to charville

Full back line is water tight with Donnacha murphy tough no nonsense hurling , the brilliant David griffin who held clare aron shanagher and Danny gunning in games and Nathan walsh who's solid. In four unbeaten harty cup games in the group they conceded just one goal and I'n the callaghan cup final just one goal and the full back and defence imo is up their with the best left in the harty cup if even they could be the best to be honest

Darragh peters captain a sublime hurler and has played with tippeeary and was member the team three years ago won all ireland so if he's played up front needs watching but they are likely to play him at half back
    If nenagh play him as a forward or back there robbing the rich to give to the poor as they will then either lack a half back or a forward either way rochestown benefit once they and I belive they will get the match up right

If peters starts griffin has to mark him.
    That simple
    If so means murphy will have to mark Haydon who is lethal and got two goal v nenagh and had midelton in trouble but lonergan is imo much much Better coach than dwayne is and wont be as naive to get the match up wrong
    I'f peters starts at half back griffin for Haydon and john Cashman has to mark their only imo other lethal other danger man john cahalan and he's imperious in the air but Cashman dealt with Tim o mahony, dayne lee, at times and never was out of he depth and he marked hayes with caoimhins excellent when he had to.
    I mentioned cahalan as one to mark before midelton game.
    Midelton did not put their best defenders on him and paid the price id be shocked if rochestown done the same. There too cute to make that error

Mulrooney is good forward at centre forward but I'd prefer Cashman even has move from centre back and go the wing for mark cahalan and sheehan is well able for Mulrooney
    If cahalan drifts in to full forward Cashman has to follow him and can't just hold the centre and allow one corner back pick him up, this guy is not just strong in the air he is imperious and needs be marked by Cashman imo or griffin but griffin will have he's own job to do in to mark Hayden

Half back line of kelleher and sheehan with Cashman is very good and ryan cantwell can come in if needs be as a sub

I saw them play limerick minors before Christmas and Andy loughanne gave an exhibition of midfield play for nenagh, two different limerick lads couldn't hold him even conor Byrne limerick minor last year found him tough as did the brilliant darragh caroll but john sullivan who has been brillant and just sixteen with more years at harty and certainly imo cork minor should be okay

The key imo for rochestown is to play Kingston at full forward as nenagh full back line while they have good hurling and fine as individuals hurling, as a unit is poor, saw them v limerick in challenge conceded three goals, six in four games in the harty, hammies took them for four in one game so the likes of Kingston,powter there is scoring there

Cormack cork minors panelist can score long distance and as he's cameo v templemore proved he can score also and himself and Kingston are their top scorers.

Cormack has v charville got nine points 7f one 65
    V csoimhins six points frees
    Thirteen v youghal. Most frees
    Our lady's 2-6   3f

2-34 scored in four games total forty outstanding and most those from free bar last game biggest play
    Nenagh have to keep free count down like any team when you have free taker facing you like outstanding Cormack

Shane kingston in three harty cup games has got three goals from play and around twelve approximately so from play he's the their top scorer
    Id move out lynch to half forward and put Kingston inside with power and Liam o Sullivan
    Kingston when he went in full forward v charville in Mallow in their ist game he was brillant and got goal and some brilliant scores
    The reason he went in was limerick minors full back paddy loughlin was actually at centre back and charville needed him there , as was dominant but when Kingston went in charville never had loughlin follow him
    If he did it meant rochestown has space outside
    Charville needed loughlin in full back line and half back line but he can only be one place at a time
    Nenagh are similar

Cormack should at least hold he's own with peters and limit him, once he doesn't dominate job done
    John Kennedy wasn't named to start on the Munster website today but I'd expect unless injured as he gave a brilliant display v limerick minors and he can score long distance and got around threw points from play in that game
    He needs be watched but if nenagh keep both peters and Kennedy at half back means two men of Kingston and power will cut loos inside in the full forward line.
    If they put one in full back line they loose out the field with only one of peters and Kennedy in the half back line as a unit
    Imo they are stuck between where to play their two best defenders

Rochestown drew with cit fresher's in a challenge a strong enough cit so there well primed
    The biggest fear I have is dualism sooner or later will affect the football or hurling but hurling coming first I think the football will suffer and rochestown should win even with weather making it a bit of a lottery that could make it close game I just feel rochestown who beat nenagh last year handy in the group game have too many leaders and better players

Nenagh are a well coached fine side to get where they were against the odds and deserve huge credit.
    Rochestown to win a low scoring game in bad conditions if it was dry day they would won it by more In I feel they have more scoring up front

The reason I'm confident is rochestown can adapt to a sweeper as they beat caoimhins Paul kinnerks sweeper system and can play orthodox also but more importantly I have total totally confidence in the rochestown management team who I rate highely
    Rochestown have met every challenge head on in the callaghan cup and the harty so far so imo every reason for my confidence and no doubts I have
    Yes they still got to turn up and perform and are young lads but there down to earth lads with a lot of leaders there and they will respect but shouldn't fear nenagh at all
    Nenagh be fair beat midelton but midelton under poor management played a few key lads out of out position just like Ag last week and even in school hurling in my experience it's never a good idea and more so when you change the central spine of your team at full back, half back, midfield. Centre and full forward like Ag did.

Best of luck to rochestown and they are a credit to cork school hurling.

• Advertisement

Smith614 wrote: »
    TTM .. Of course sports science has a huge influence and input into sport at inter county level . The problem is a lot of skills and basic elements are lost when all S&C starts to take over. I know junior clubs who are bringing in S&C coaches and they will not see a Sliotar in trainng for weeks. S&C is becoming about bulk and size to detriment of skill and skilful ball players. I know in Cork a bit of proper S&C would do our hurlers no harm but JBM is on record as saying he wants hurlers not elephants. Elephants are winning the battle tho.

Lot valid points there but key is like cian o neill and kieran Shannon said today where he advocated for more science in game in our friend not out enemy key is good coaches and s and c know what their doing and get balance right

As cian o neill in article said some clubs bring in guys not properly qualified and there in lies the problem or in one cork under age team's they have qualified coaches in s and c but manager over rules advice and is doing s and c and cardiovascular wrong in he's telling coaches do it this way when like o neill said thry should be standing up to managers

Jbm yes wanted greyhound but that changing greatly this year
    Jbm under landers has been told cork tippy tapping hurling is gone in landers drills are all about power and pace together an unstoppable force when mixed

He wants cork have hurling but he wants powerful athletes and looking at Spillane barry o donughe kelleher Frahill o connor it's clear so early type hurler is changing which is imo great news

I do feel geuinely for clubs in some can't afford best s and c so thry get in poor non qualified ones like o neill said that develops bad habits

Cork v CIT - Waterford Crystal Cup Quarter-Final Saturday, 17th January

The Cork Senior Hurlers play Cork Institute of Technology on Saturday 17th January 2015 at the CIT Sports Grounds, Bishopstown, 2.00 p.m.
    Waterford Crystal Cup Q/F : Cork v CIT
    Saturday 17th. January 2015, at CIT 2.00 p.m.
    Referee: John McCormack (Tipperary)
    We'll have live updates from the game here on the website and on our Twitter page, @OfficialCorkGAA.
    The Cork Senior Hurling team for Saturday’s game is:
    Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)
    William Kearney (Sarsfields)
    Christopher Joyce (Na Piarsaigh)
    Conor O’Sullivan (Sarsfields)
    Brian O’Sullivan (Fermoy)
    Lorcán McLoughlin (Kanturk)
    Glen O’Connor (St.Finbarrs)
    Brian Murray (Bishopstown)
    Paul Haughney (Midleton)
    Dayne Lee (Na Piarsaigh)
    Andy Walsh (Killeagh)
    Alan Frahill O’Connor (Youghal)
    Stephen Moylan (Douglas)
    Paudie O’Sullivan (Cloyne)
    Darren McCarthy (Ballymartle)
    Subs:16. Anthony Nash (Kanturk) 17. Damien Cahalane (St.Finbarrs) 18. Daniel Kearney (Sarsfields) 19. Patrick Cronin (Bishopstown) 20. Brian Lawton (Castlemartyr) 21. Luke O'Farrell (Midleton) 22. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers) 23. Luke Meade (Newcestown) 24. Peter Kelleher (Kilmichael)

Note: Cian McCarthy is unavailable due to work schedules and Sean O’Donoghue is with the U21 Football squad this week-end. CIT and UCC players are unavailable for Cork selection in this competition.

]]

Team will near cit as presume cit who knows won't be taking it seriously but then pat mulchay huge fan of landers and jbm and jbm asked mulchay join him ist but he declined over commitment, so I think mulchay may do boys favour play strong team
    I think bubbles is with tipp for completion though

Collins fine more games the better
    Kearney fine in this game but again I don't think he's best corner back in cork
    Joyce id be against it last year but now we have better depth at half back it's okay and be honest I'm so fearful cahalane get injured we have no cover and id rather Joyce any day than barry or o neill or mcdonnell
    Worth a go

Conor sullivan needs games fine
    Brian Sullivan I don't see it senior but fine in this game but if Cooper and walsh start for cit that half back line could be in real trouble as lorchan imo only one at senior
    O connor is suited by some one like Cooper and relish tough hurling but if he ever marks bubbles or tj he's pace is exposed

Midfield haughney and Murray will do depending who plays cit and of Lawrence starts there these boys will look like all stars but test is up against WExford or ballyhale or tipp or clare

Lee deserves start and I'm delighted it's half forward he's best position
    O connor deserves chance
    Walsh I don't think so but at least with lee there's better balance and lee should thrive off breaks and offer creativity and guile

Inside full forward Paudie needs games
    Darren Mccarthy proudly last chance and from what jbm saying just my take thry try him but huge step to senior I get feeling he knows. Mccarthy has up game and imo I don't think he's a corner forward or half forward in cork imo have better

Moylan needs up game, senior panelist in these games two points not good enough , four or five points and a goal imo
    I'd prefer luke to start he needs games

Strong sub bench and corl should win if bench needs to be emptied imo but meade shouldn't get any game time in lad is playing biggest school game he's life Monday , vital player to hammies it's madness to play this guy even for ten minutes
    This could be he's last ever harty cup game he's plenty time with cork
    They talk about player burn out then
    No logic imo meade being panel member as obviously he'll be played and if don't play him what point having him on panel when some one else could be there

Christ ri have big game in munster b quater final v hospital tommorrow

They have jack ryan cork under sixteen and barrs sean Dennehy who isn't on seventeen panel and Ian butler this year seventeen as far as I'm aware

CORK V WATERFORD - MCGRATH SEMI-FINAL CLASHMORE SUN 18TH JAN   15/01/2015

Cork Senior Footballers play Waterford in the semi-final of the McGrath Cup in Clashmore, Waterford, Sunday 18th January 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
    McGrath Cup (Semi-Final): Cork v Waterford.
    Sunday 18th. January 2015, at Clashmore 2:00 p.m.
    Referee: Sean Joy (Kerry).
    Extra Time if required (2x10 mins).
    We'll have live updates from the game here on the website and on our Twitter page, @OfficialCorkGAA.
    The Cork team for Sunday's game is:
    1. Ken O’Halloran (Bishopstown)
    2. Liam Jennings (Ballincollig)
    3. Tom Clancy (Clonakilty)
    4. Stephen O’Donoghue (Ballincollig)
    5. Padraig Hodnett (Carbery Rangers)
    6. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)
    7. Jamie O’Sullivan (Bishopstown)
    8. Michael Cussen (Glanmire)
    9. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
    10. Kevin O’Driscoll (Tadgh MacCartháigh)
    11. Barry O’Driscoll (Tadgh MacCartháigh)
    12. George Durrant (Ballincollig)
    13. Dan McEoin (Ilen Rovers)
    14. Fiachra Ó Deasunaigh
    15. John Hayes (Carbery Rangers)
    Subs:
    16. Ryan Price (O’Donovan Rossa)
    17. James Loughrey (Mallow)
    18. John O’Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
    19. Colm O’Neill (Ballyclough)
    20. Colm O’Driscoll (Tadgh MacCartháigh)
    21. Donncha O’Connor (Ballydesmond)
    22. Paul Kerrigan (Nemo Rangers)
    23. Brian Hurley (Castlehaven)

Note: CIT and UCC players are unavailable for Cork selection in this competition.

Will beat Waterford as waterford even under mcglinchry are poor but same old same old, complete incorrect balance of team and players played out position and no balance to it

Worry is thry will win mcgrath cup and against dublin some team start and be ruthless exposed
    Billy Morgan owes cork football nothing but could do then huge huge favour staring best team v cork if they meet

I m huge fan ken, he gets unfair criticism when I said before you can't blame him when he's actually some appalling midfield to aim at
    Judge him when you give him options
    Like blaming out half in rubgy despite he's being on back foot all game as he's pack can't win primary go forward possession
    But he starting makes no sense in hanharahm should got games and a chance yet none so far
    Bishoptown lads get games after games or else are ist subs on imo

Jennings is average comer back but won't be tested here
    Ballincollig fans must think cuthbhert is brillant
    Exposed in club games yet had move to midfield
    Clancy, cuthbhert, in plays half back full consistently following he's poor concept of what full back should be
    Clancy was in trouble v tipp yet cuthbhert can't or just refuses see it
    Donughe excellent few games and be fine this game but centre back cries out for him, he'll be burned by fast corner forward and sweemey had him huge trouble at times on heavy ground
    Hodnett is fine club player but senior intercounty imo he is not
    Cadogan fine defending and man market but like last week takes too much out of the ball and poor going forward
    Was taken for two points last week
    Jamie sullivan fine going forward but too slow defending should be full or here but in a blanket

Cussen and collins
    Collins fine and will win ball bit against top midfield be blown out of it and is starter for cork but not at midfield imo
    Cussen must made a miracle recovery
    I hope management clarify is he fully fit as I ger impression he bad game talk will be not fully fit yet
    This is not an all ireland final cork don't need him
    He is either fit or not??
    I'd love some clarity on it as management never seem provide any
    Waterford will make a hero out of him
    Probably due few more pages of hype next week
    The way he's seen as saviour cork football at midfield is beyond logic imo
    He hasn't played senior intercounty in five years yet dropped off three intercounty panels since

Half forward line all wrong
    No creativity bar barry o driscoll but imo he's been around too long now nearly six years and I don't think even hugely talented he'll push on now
    Durrant, i gave clear examples not best in cork
    O driscoll is fine club player but lacks creativity and like last year showed won't start senior big games

Mac eoin deserves a chance but he's on poor team
    No fear here with him
    Desmond now bring tries in full forward
    But I'll expect him to play him half forward in a covering role but he's doesn't play that with he's club so imo can't see it working
    And if cuthbhert has him target man won't work either
    He was a sub last week and was quite poor I'n he's twenty minute spell imo

Desmond no where near senior and was actually if im correct taken off v clyda in he was well dominated
    John hayes he'll get one five probably but against tipp tight defending absolutely was very poor but yet again he's played
    If

Waterford are so poor cork will win but huge worry again is concept thought management towards team selection have by picking some out of position and some who have done nothing show there senior elite standard imo

Worry is not that will need it but cork have just one defender named in loughrey and yes o rourke can play half back he's imo not a natural defender
    Even if lads are injured surely cork can have more defenders
    Conor sullivan clyda is injured fair enough but seen as he's quick call up likes hazel and Desmond call up other defenders in club game and they are there imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

Aidan Walsh has revealed that he received abuse from people within his own hometown of Kanturk after last year's All-Ireland semi-final defeat by Tipperary. (http://www.thescore.ie/aidan-walsh-cork-tipperary-1882249-Jan2015/)
    I think this is fairly outrageous to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting it from people outside his own club as you will always get those muppets but for it to come from his own is fairly low.
    The least you'd expect is for your own neighbours to defend you. I wouldn't mind but these "supporters" probably don't know the first thing about the game. Aidan has always tried his best whenever he wore the red jersey, whether it was in hurling or football. I don't know what more people expect.

Rochestown 2-3. Nenagh 1-4

Nenagh had huge wind ist half

Think Richestown should win second half with wind

Kingston playing at 11 but goes to full forward more goal there

Sullivan and think lynch two goals
    Cashman griffin and Cormac outstanding so far
    Peters having fine game nenagh

Rochestown won handy in end in late goal put gloss it

3-9 to two eight

Game pretty much panned out as I expected

Rochestown got match up bang on and nenagh has no scoring forwards bar one

If this was dry day they would won by more
    Wonderful victory more detail report later
    Great credit nenagh never gave up and had last minute free to save day but truth far better team won
    Players and coaches deserves immense credit coaches got the game plan perfect absolutely perfect and rochestown had some fine individual displays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

TTM.. that's dedication to ur readers, filing ur reports from car at h/t and full time. Terrible day for hurling but well done to Rochestown. Kingston got few super points from play.

Smith614 wrote: »
    TTM.. that's dedication to ur readers, filing ur reports from car at h/t and full time. Terrible day for hurling but well done to Rochestown. Kingston got few super points from play.
    No I was in stand for all the game smith
    Frozen soild
    I never leave match during a game
    What u make game and

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement