Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

As an add on to this 'performance' whoever was running the cork gaa twitter account could at least have the decency to acknowledge the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

wackokid wrote: »
    I'm amazed that John Hayes didn't get all the blame this time...............ouch
    I presume we will give back that cup nice and shiny. Tracy surely gave it a lash of the Brillo pad just in case we lost.
    Wacko you're sarcasm is getting be unfunny be brutally honest
    will you respect now seriously try and treat the game with respect deserves as this result I don't find it one bit funny to be honest and criticism I gave Hayes Desmond durrant sullivan centre back, was well justified
    Why do I even bother anymore doing judge mends or preview games as when I actually call games before hand rather sit fence im criticseed and yet when after games those performance justify it my concern before game I'm still criticseed
    I can't win either way anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I don't think anyone would question TTMs knowledge and value to the Cork thread, and to be fair he gets an awful lot of undue criticism for the length of his posts and coherency but at the same time while its fair enough to say Cork really should be winning, saying something like "Waterford will make a hero out of him" is a but disrespectful.

TTM, the reason Im actually writing is in the hope that today would have you re-evaluate your position on challenge matches particularly with regard to the hulers game in June. Saying Cork are far ahead of Waterford on the basis of a few challenge games in December is ridiculous. We shouldn't even be talking about that game in reality, but you've expressed the opinion several times now that the game is basically a foregone conclusion. That to me is a rare foolishness on your behalf.

Stick with it TTM and keep calling it, fellas need to know how bad things are with this set up. No need for apologies to any new found Waterford football fans either, 337 at a match in football country says all it needs to about them. Cork a division 1 team being beaten by a divison 4 team with a relatively strong team out is an indication of how bad things are as I, you and a others have stated on here for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

Wacko you're sarcasm is getting be unfunny be brutally honest
    will you respect now seriously try and treat the game with respect deserves as this result I don't find it one bit funny to be honest and criticism I gave Hayes Desmond durrant sullivan centre back, was well justified
    Why do I even bother anymore doing judge mends or preview games as when I actually call games before hand rather sit fence im criticseed and yet when after games those performance justify it my concern before game I'm still criticseed
    I can't win either way anymore.

Cop yourself on FFS. You must see the humour in things too. Don't tell me than any self respecting county takes these winter competitions seriously and you need to get a life if you think Waterford footballers beating Cork in January will upset anybody.
    I enjoy your posts so get off that high horse. You don't know everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭homeofhurling

this is a crazy result i know its only january and Mcgrath cup but with corks record over the last few years at under 21 where are all them gone. no disrepect to waterford but i' would bet the kerry under 21's would have got a result today again waterford, but fair play to them i'd say its between them and offaly for division 4 this year. as for cork if this doesn't give the cork county board a wake up call nothing will.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭CORKDOUBLE

TTM is better than most journalists ....in fact id guess that they read his posts here for information ....we don't all have to agree with him ...but I will tell you something his passion for our games is unmatched ..and I consider myself a gaa fanatic !!
    About todays match if people think that losing to a div.4 team is not very serious they have no clue .....keep it going TTM !

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

To be brutally honest not even the most die hard Waterford football supporters would have called this result today. Harsh criticism of TTM as he had the balls at least to come out and say what everyone else was thinking in relation to this game. His posts are the most informative of any of the GAA threads so keep it up.
    As for the result? Brilliant for Waterford going into the first game against Wicklow in 2 weeks time but i would imagine it isn't the ideal preparation for Cork going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

I believe it's the first time since around the 1950's that Waterford have beaten Cork in a senior competitive football game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

That was an appalling result for Cork Football. The cork junior football team should beat Waterford. We will have to see how the league goes.
    Cork people seem to hold Ger Lane, Tracey etc in very high regard and reckon they could carry Cork Gaa forward in a positive way. Jerry O Sullivan, Ger Lane and Tracey in 3 yrs time will have been in control,of Cork Gaa as chairperson of the board but supporters might forget that these 3 came thru divisional ranks in Imokilly , a division which has given walk overs in the senior football championship in the past few seasons. Like it or not but it appears football doesn't matter in the hierarchy g Cork Gaa. Sorry Ger, Tracey etc but even divisions with a lot smaller resources made the effort and got football team sorted for c/ship.

• Advertisement

Smith614 wrote: »
    That was an appalling result for Cork Football. The cork junior football team should beat Waterford. We will have to see how the league goes.
    Cork people seem to hold Ger Lane, Tracey etc in very high regard and reckon they could carry Cork Gaa forward in a positive way. Jerry O Sullivan, Ger Lane and Tracey in 3 yrs time will have been in control,of Cork Gaa as chairperson of the board but supporters might forget that these 3 came thru divisional ranks in Imokilly , a division which has given walk overs in the senior football championship in the past few seasons. Like it or not but it appears football doesn't matter in the hierarchy g Cork Gaa. Sorry Ger, Tracey etc but even divisions with a lot smaller resources made the effort and got football team sorted for c/ship.

You have spoken a lot of truth there to be fair......but there wont be a word said about this defeat ...

Wacko fair point and look today bad enough so I have no interest in getting in tit tit posters

Today I find this far from any joke and im sorry if I seem uptight but I don't find it one bit funny mor did other cork lads I travelled with to game or few at it for simple reason we paid money. Fuel. Consider able time goof three hours journey. One lad from leap st leat five hours round trip , food expense and to see an absolute pitfalls dour appalling display of one point from a team with around eight all Ireland medalist field play end I can't laugh at that I'm sorry

Cork were training twelve weeks yes twelve weeks st least since November, and we get this sham performance, I'm sorry but cultural attitude I'm cork football is actually disgusting, as no results ever rock bottom but we joke we laugh we say hey no worries it January when look call spade spade were laughing stock in kerry and I guarantee you there laughing at cork

Now some wise man will say kerry got beaten last week hammered, but kerry had junior team beaten by team other kerry players and just back from holiday and there awful manager dsrrshj o shea just one game cork don't have luxury as we have put up joke set up we have for at least another year

Now people say don't criticism today
    Okay but when do we?!!
    When cork loose league people say ah league done us no favour last year don't worry
    When we play awful munster well here ah we don't care BT munster but all Ireland one matters
    It's only when cork embarrassing in qualifer will the actual penny drop but good old cork football close door horse well truly bolted

Mountain lad I huge respect as you know for you thank you kind words
    I was not being smart with Waterford would make hero cork
    I'll explain
    Last year out manager said sligo would be out all Ireland so imo winning against Waterford would give him and he's loyalty fan club cause belive redemption happened
    And they would live off results and like the win v awful trench cup team well get lauding players papers, one particular has got way too much coverage and hype and if we beat Waterford he would imo be made a hero

I can't wait for interview as he said last week talking mcgrath cup seriously as wanted a run up to the league game v Dublin so he was taking it seriously

As regards Waterford hurling I'm totally imo justified in saying cork way ahead Waterford as I'm sorry now but this talk don't regards too much challenge games needs be put to context as if same mistakes and losing against every team ye played so far bar college teams yere scraping past is not sign worry fair enough but not in my views

The Waterford scenario is like cork football, coaches leaving , poor selection. Poor interview, poor game flow management and it won't just fix itself come league as yell find when limerick beat ye and have stronger team than yesterday

That team lacking confidence as can't win even challenge games
    Waterford management have done nothing show me yet they are making progress, cork have strengthen panel and at last Cahalane and Joyce showing huge potential to be full backs under high ball and with Murphy and Spillane and landers all adding to the set up,no dual farce cork will imo be much better Waterford
    If I'm wrong in June I will admit it but imo can't see Waterford coming close, that's not arrogance just realism
    If kerry posters told me kerry will hammer cork I'd not take offence as being honest I'd actually take offence if they had yrrra talk and talk up cork having chance build us up but then cork suffer false dawn when realism would show cork haven't hope beating kerry in killrney and imo Waterford won't beat cork either

No matter what game it is if management keep making same selection mistake again and again it's time to worry

Ucc with Morgan will win the final next week in a canter
    People need realise cork football is in awful state and badly needs some honesty within rather than dare not judge crap

Smith got it bang on cork junior football team would beat Waterford
    Or Clyda rovers with ned English as he plays blanket successful or baklincollg also as they actually play their lads in right positions
    Smith right cork football seen as poor relation
    Imo cork must have two separate county boards in hurling and football
    Tipp called for one end as they called it civil war between hurling and football
    Cork must do same

It's a sad sad day and my cork under pants, now there not any old under pants there a great really really great under pants thankfully was saved today but was by grace of God as today nearly gave me bad dose diarrhoea if I'm going be blunt

I hope god cork media just be realistic and call this tommottow a disaster
    Some not all clung moral victory against mayo well now what's good for goose good for gander
    Let's call this as it was a shambles and an embarrassment to cork football

But look I said in December cork gaa site that cherry picked over cork kerry loss and clung mayo as redemption people though I was reading too much on to it
    As time passes maybe those will see I just calling it as it is

I believe it's the first time since around the 1950's that Waterford have beaten Cork in a senior competitive football game?

Since 1957

Hope cork media mention this tomorrow
    No cherry picking please

Fair play Cuthbhert two football records in defeat some achievements with golden generation cork football
    They say it comes in threes then

http://www.the42.ie/cork-waterford-mcgrath-cup-semi-final-1889018-Jan2015/

I actually got it wrong apologies Waterford got five from play

Cork got just one

Post this here as some may think I'm being harsh
    Just look at subs four cork forwards subbed and Mac eoin actually having good game winning ball but cork half forward could not create
    I had fears sullivan at centre back
    Good player made look poor taken off

Desmond durrant and Hayes anyone wants check preview I dome I said I had concerns over them at inter county football
    All three taken off
    I don't just critics for sake it and get no joy at all
    I like many cork fans concerns these players as clear day three are not senior standard

Management perception of senior inter county players imo truly appalling as go through lads he tried this and last year and lads can't even get game for cork that should and clear as day see imo

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭It makes sense

Interestingly still nothing up on cork gaa website about result today whereas any win result is put up fairly quick. That's a poor show should be able to take our medicine when we lose same as the twitter account going quiet towards end of match.
    As for the result it was coming but would agree with others thought they would get over Waterford today. The Ccb must really take some quick measures to make show this season is not totally wasted a coach for a start would be good

TTM how did the defence play today like Cadogan ....Michael Moynihan said on Red FM that that he was good today at no.6.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Hammies v ASR in Mallow tomorrow. Anyone know what time will the pitch inspection be at/ will we know if this is being played?

http://www.redfm.ie/news/sport/podcast-big-red-bench-sunday-january-18th-2015/

Lisa lawlor tremendous interview again asked hard questions
    Pity Cuthbhert wouldn't come on

My huge huge huge worry is Cuthbhert as said by reporter was very unhappy with performance players
    I hope to jesus now he's not blaming players for this, who picked them?????
    Who picked he's own club man despite you ask any bidhopstown man they will even tell you he is not best forward Sam okses isn't inter county senior but way better than Desmond

Who picked Hodnet!??
    Who played Collins at midfield where jesus the castle haven boys if at it won't be happy he was out played absolutely out played like a fish out of water but soon went half forward he was having huge influence

Reporter right was Waterford lad dominated midfield and destroyed cork two men
    Reporter said cussen started well he did indeed be fair was brilliant for twenty minutes
    But he faded and was unfortunately when need was greatest found off pace and sloppy kick passing again at times

It was mentioned here Waterford worked ball back at own goal up field get two scores and he's spot on but they done this time and again and poor shooting only let them down
    How can Waterford work ball at pace, off loading and in runners against wind!?

It's called spatial awareness and movement in to space
    Cork done neither and missing link is Mvglinchy has coaches teams st all levels club intercounty etc but cork Has no football coaching so while they can run all day they aren't coaches when and where to run to as all selectors are doing bit coaching
    No set menu like go for meal I have bit that bit this buy turns out be disaster as the mix is all wrong

Mvglinchy played Clyda style as he's born in to it having played there and cork could not break it down, how will they beat more defensive Dublin but ruthless in attack , blanket Tyrone, blanket monaghan with great malachi rourke, and jesus hail Mary lord heaven divine sweet angel of mercy how have they hope beat donegal in done

Report was right weather no excuse and cork fringe players did nothing to show they have merit call up
    He struggle with good performance player wise
    Cadogan did play well and defended well but too often attack slows down as bombs forward and breaks tackle won't release fast off load so he become choke tackled in a sense and cause turnover, criminal v Dublin as there counter attack is more complete and has more finese than Waterford
    Good defender but not attacking I like judge player on its whole
    And attack too much defend is open so concedes two points so in two games conceded four from play against good but not great forward like kerry or Dublin
    Ciaran kilkkenny or Gooch would have a field day imo

Cork double my rating and like red fm said hard give any pass mark
    Hallorhqn kick out poor confidence gone, I don't blame guy no midfield aim at

Donouhghe robust strong and game but too slow turn
    Don't blame him as played out position
    Clancy Not never will be full back
    Fine half back
    Taken for two points but better forward taken him for two two

Jennings poor way off the pace out position though
    Hodnet no where near level kicked away sloppy ball and too loose defending
    Sullivan awful game fine driving forward but Waterford had he's number zoned defenders around him and won turnover
    Very poor defending
    Don't blame him as not centre back

Cussen twenty minutes brilliant sorry now though last time I checked game is seventy minutes

O dridcoll poor going forward no creativity
    Durrant was awful going side ways, backwards at times and then in to contact rather than in to space
    He's meant be cork Paul falcon then while brilliant john o rourke destroyed durrant In minor game cork v kerry warm he's hole on bench
    Then he gets game time late but at centre back when cork were doing all attacking and Waterford hanging on for dear life our most creative player bench plays half back
    You just couldn't make this up and I'm not being smart genuinely
    Barry o dridcoll poor but never half forward when nemo play him as goal poacher
    Another man played out of positions

Too many chances st this level and has not taken them
    Don't blame lad I don't
    He doesn't pick himself management does

Mac eoin fine game showed hunger want desire won ball yes shooting at times poor but second game he showed for ball and got two frees yet taken off

Hayes senior panelist eight years much poorer yet last bones of forty five minutes, should been gone at half time

Desmond can't blame guy, never full forward club and played out position but even if was showed last week as sub not elite senior level

Doc colm and kerrigan had real intensity came on
    I have never seen cork senior team look so demoralised after mcgrath cup defeat walking off the field
    It wasn't imo they were too bothered mcgrath cup but just my opinion was they realised how far cork football fallen in one year

Wait for usual nonsense now, cork football has no talent and there not their in cork
    Such rubbish as talent there for all Ireland but least top four team imo this

Cuthbhert now relying in challenge game
    He'll probably be like boxer who beaten stripped world title picks some well hyped over hill pro knows knock out in early round get wagon back on its tracks

Problem is so far has cork actually fallen, no team bar sligo, fermanagh and kildare a team you could say cork would beat as most counties would beat cork and I'll go far say it's not cork football player talent in its beating cork football management as any good coach will beat cork wise men and boyscouts compared other management bar fitness training pat flangan.

Cuthbhert won't have too many easy challenges to line up now imo but will have plenty of offers imo as teams will see cork as cannon fodder in handy game win before league starts imo

Who ever won today care v tipp cork are likely to have home advantage next week as last time cork played tipp In this was templemore and clare was in the bridge so cork have home venue and I wouldn't be surprised if mallow held game especially if it was clare
    Now it was clare won I wouldn't be surprised if it was in mallow as help clare logistics wise
    I'm glad it's clare as it will be a sweeper and ideal test for cork and clare training hard.

The game is next Saturday talk is
    Cork play ballyhale shamrocks the Sunday after in a challenge and the following Saturday play wexford in cit in a challenge
    I'f they get to the final then it's likely be day after wexford game and likely be limerick as ucc have no real interest in it

Ballyhale is a good test for cork, in fact next week are two fine tests for cork

Cork team imo I play to play the semi I'd mix and match v clare

Cormac Murphy, cadogan, Burke, o shea, Spillane are all tied to ucc next week, and colm Barry played with Mary I so there ineligible so I play them the Sunday v ballyhale
    Walsh, dennehy. Murphy, lordan, copper, John cronin all played with cit so inegiblle Waterford crystal so I'd have them v wexford
    Lehane I think is still injured

I'd play Nash as captain got play this game
    Kearney
    Cahalane
    Conor sullivan
    Mark Ellis as he didn't play any game time with cit so he should be eligible
    Joyce
    Glenn o Connor
    Midfield not much options for next week bar Murray and Haughley as others are tied other teams but Haughley may be injured while Murray isn't up to it
    Lorchan would start even though imo not a midfielder
    Id start Mcdonnell as he's fine midfield and brings strength and athletic ability here played minor for cork there

Dayne lee
    Harnedy
    Peter kelleher
    Paudie
    Pa cronin
    Luke o farell
    Id start cronin as target man in pebbles Luke and Moylan or cadogan or Horgan too alike won't work together successful as unit so must have ball winner to create for others

Two men in position do that are cronin and young Spillane this year for cork imo

Subs
    Nash
    O donouhghe
    Sullivan
    Luke made
    Patrick hogan
    Moylan
    Lawton
    O niell
    That's team could win and make it to a final

Game v ballyhale could be great test as while they won't be full throttle they will still probably field strong team as want blow out cobweb before their semi as they are he'll bent giving king henry he's all Ireland club title which talk is could be he's final farewell

They only had challenge v London team after Xmas so they likely take cork game seriously to extent and hopefully liked joey holden koilkkenny captain, fennelly brothers, cha, tj Reid king henry and eoin Reid and likes of alward all play as be good test for cork

My team would be day after Waterford crystal v wexford who beat clare yesterday and are likely field strong core to their team

Collins
    Stephen Murphy
    Joyce gave exhibition aerial ball winning at full yesterday and could be answer with Cahalane at full back
    I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the full back tunnel of darkness
    Fair play jbm if it's solved

Burke
    Colm Barry
    Cormac Murphy if ucc game don't clash
    Sean o donouhghe
    John cronin I'd be calling up
    Rob o shea if ucc game don't clash
    Couhglan if fit if not lordan
    Copper
    Walsh if fit say be okay after injury
    Luke o farell he needs as many games he get
    Anthony Spillane be ideal this game and ucc game day before giving him games if ucc game does not clash
    Cadogan needs run with cork this season
    Subs
    Nash
    Mcdonnell
    Lorchan
    Cahalane
    Moylan
    Horgan as again I wouldn't start him as needs realise needs up he's game so drop him two games then play him v wexford if needs be challenge
    Lordan give him a run
    Luke o farell
    Dayne lee
    Luke made

The ucc lads here included here is not dependent on ucc being beaten by Waterford next Saturday in ballyhale game is the day after
    Im presuming, hoping limerick play ucc on the Saturday if not ucc lads won't be available for the ballyhale challenge match on the Sunday
    The likely venue for limerick game I'd say will be kilmallock and hopefully it will go ahead Saturday , ucc should ask limerick to play Saturday game,, no reason why they would object

I want limerick beat ucc in cork played ucc already and if make to final I'd rather limerick as a test and also means ucc cork lads stick with cork totally from next weekend on in league is getting very very close now and be good have large panel training together for one week as final cut due be made soon and some have to leave unfortunately so it's getting to cut throat of business now
    The game v kilkkenny is vital and not option to loose must win, so must be strong core team but at most three debutant, Cormac Murphy, Anthony Spillane most likely as pa callaghan not involved

Of course challenges could change in its not been confirmed when Waterford crystal semi final is
    If Waterford crystal is Sunday hopefully swap the ballyhale game day before cork will be able to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

The ucc lads here included here is not dependent on ucc being beaten by Waterford next Saturday in ballyhale game is the day after
    Im presuming, hoping limerick play ucc on the Saturday if not ucc lads won't be available for the ballyhale challenge match on the Sunday
    The likely venue for limerick game I'd say will be kilmallock and hopefully it will go ahead Saturday , ucc should ask limerick to play Saturday game,, no reason why they would object

I want limerick beat ucc in cork played ucc already and if make to final I'd rather limerick as a test and also means ucc cork lads stick with cork totally from next weekend on in league is getting very very close now and be good have large panel training together for one week as final cut due be made soon and some have to leave unfortunately so it's getting to cut throat of business now
    The game v kilkkenny is vital and not option to loose must win, so must be strong core team but at most three debutant, Cormac Murphy, Anthony Spillane most likely as pa callaghan not involved

Of course challenges could change in its not been confirmed when Waterford crystal semi final is
    If Waterford crystal is Sunday hopefully swap the ballyhale game day before cork will be able to do

UCC have a fitz game on the 29th so that could effect the availability of players. As a result I would expect UCC to field a b team vs Limerick next week. Its also common knowledge that Cunningham and jbm don't get on too well so players could be pulled both ways as there is a lack of communication at present.

UCC have a fitz game on the 29th so that could effect the availability of players. As a result I would expect UCC to field a b team vs Limerick next week. Its also common knowledge that Cunningham and jbm don't get on too well so players could be pulled both ways as there is a lack of communication at present.

Forgot about that thanks

Yeah I can't see ucc fielding serious team v limerick

Yeah they didn't get on

You could see cit went for win as pat mul gets well with jbm and landers

Ucc gain nothing beating limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

Since 1957

Hope cork media mention this tomorrow
    No cherry picking please

Fair play Cuthbhert two football records in defeat some achievements with golden generation cork football
    They say it comes in threes then

Since 1960

Since 1960

Munster semi final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

if waterford wanted to be , they could eaisly be the best team in division 4 and as good as clare or tipp, i dont think there as bad as made out ,but i do get the feeling though that the support for cork football is not really there anymore at both county board level or supporter level?,

if waterford wanted to be , they could eaisly be the best team in division 4 and as good as clare or tipp, i dont think there as bad as made out ,but i do get the feeling though that the support for cork football is not really there anymore at both county board level or supporter level?,

Well see how good Waterford next week

They should aim be competing at least

Ucc star studded team

Ccb hurling oriented and football won't get support as fans won't support loosing team not all but some fans

Tipp and clare imo have better teams than Waterford and clare under ephie will beat limerick and could beat cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

there dose seem to be a lack of interest though is that down to culbert ( bad magement) or lack of support in favor of hurling ,

i dont think clare would beat cork come june i think our main objective would be the league plus we have a very young team most still under the age of 22 or 23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭zetecescort

there dose seem to be a lack of interest though is that down to culbert ( bad magement) or lack of support in favor of hurling ,

i dont think clare would beat cork come june i think our main objective would be the league plus we have a very young team most still under the age of 22 or 23

Football will always be the lesser game IMO but the county board certainly don't help with appointments like Cuthbert and performances like last years Munster final make it hard to attract fair weather supporters.

There is a history of wasting talent in Cork, we are as good if not better than Kerry and Dublin on the Minor and U-21 roll of honour afaik but 30 behind Kerry in Senior.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/rebels-rocked-as-deise-make-history-307617.html

Nothing changes

He blames donnacha for missing free says he normally get those we be extra time

Was he actually watching the game???

Does not he not actually have the football intelligence to actually realise much better team won outscored cork five to one from play and it would been injustice draw the game

Well done Brian blame players

Has anyone in cork the honesty or decenty to say you picked team Brian and. Bar six lads you actually played rest out of positions and those you did play were not anywhere near this level and has numerous games showed that

He blames players

Will he actually be humble enough and loose he's football ego and be like Jim gavin eammon Ryan jbm to admit they make mistakes rathee blame others

Will he actually be question by any journalists regards he's selection policy or he's lack defenders in subs just one defender names I said this Thursday

Will he actually be questions why he has no football coach
    This manager blames everybody bar himself but never questioned by cork or national media who imo make themselves look poor as there loyal support him is actually been shown incorrect and when things get worse they will make no mistake they will have facts staring them face this was bad but we never questioned it but just went with status quo

I can't believe the quiteness from ex players regards the set up and any fan knows problems went on last this year yet not dicky board about it or results are not questions

The cultural attitude cork football imo is absolutely disgusting to the core,same old old

I wanted cork equalise yesterday but I'm actually glad they didn't now looking back at draw be worst thing ever for cork football as they would cover themselves glory with the draw

Cork football has reached an all time low in yet mcgrath cup game in January

Westmeath sacked bealin for poor results imo only one way forward

Get a coach is difficult imo as any top football coach would stay clear this set up
    Thank Brian for commitment and passion no doubt he has that no body doubts it
    But sack him and appointment clearly wants it if not appoint tony leahy with ned English as coach
    The only way forward now is imo sack Cuthbhert
    League disaster waiting happen can't wait as be relegated then and you can't start championship with new manager a month in

No one individual own cork football as bob Ryan preached cork

Your right bob

Brian has he chance to the ticket for the wille wonka factory, he's golden ticket in Cuthbhert words from that interview in may

Sorry now but that chocolate imo has melted long time ago and created one woeful mess of cork football
    Cuthbhert said performance was worst in while

Sorry now it wasn't one off

Mayo was but course he clung moral victory and tipp last week no score half football but individual brilliance both games donnacha the man he criticism for missing the free saved cork and individual brilliance Walsh saved cork v tipp

Results league were actually poor last year I'f they look at them with realism correlated to face value on each game

He's interview with respect are actually pathetic for senior manager cork

He's run with hair chase hound unreal

Just Wednesday in southern star he said cork were heading towards where they wanted be

Now he admits at last were long way off where he wants us be

How did it change in five days??

Simple really cork werenever heading right place from start when he said it during mid week

So we're facing Dublin were training hard last twelve weeks and we're long way off where we want be, what a complete and utter joke imo cork football has become

http://www.southernstar.ie/Sport/Goold-an-injury-concern-for-Cork-footballers-14012015.htm
    Says there cork moving towards where they want be

Now today he finally admits there way off

That's why I said beating Waterford make hero out him as he would fail realise huge problem cork football has

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭solwhit12

Cuthbert bashing has started early I see.

• Advertisement

solwhit12 wrote: »
    Cuthbert bashing has started early I see.
    Same old posts I see

Cuthbhert is being judged cork senior football manager based on results

I'f you can tell fans why not criticseed him please do so if you can to debate

What has Cuthbert done improve cork football since he was manger??
    Thanks in advance

Hammies v ASR in Mallow tomorrow. Anyone know what time will the pitch inspection be at/ will we know if this is being played?

Game going ahead I'll post update at half time and full

Fao cork double

Just saw post now

Peter kelleher up two weeks ago was with cork under twenty one football

Not sure if he's still there
    He was being played full forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

Inspection in mallow, match changed to 3 pm in Mallow and if mallow unplayable then changes to charleville at 3

Smith614 wrote: »
    Inspection in mallow, match changed to 3 pm in Mallow and if mallow unplayable then changes to charleville at 3

Thanks smith

When will know if chervile??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Confirmed for Charleville @ 3

Confirmed for Charleville @ 3

Thanks

Ard Scoil and Hamilton meet in the. 2015 Harty Cup quater final in charville ,on the 19th January at 3 the third time both teams have played each other in the Harty this the 1st time was in the Mallow venue in the Autumn  2013 and the North Ciruclar Road team were victourious on a score line of 4-20 to 3-14,second time In quatre again in Mallow 2014 they lost and now the quater final again

They have history In they met mallow In autumn 2013 first group game in Mallow and Ard scoil won it handy
    That was the day Michael cahalane scored an awesome goal from over strike I remember posting then that game saying he was one to watch for cork and cork should bring him to the senior team
    They did

Later on I'n 2014 they met in the quater final and Ard scoil won in heavy rain and a huge wind game should been called off imo but big score line flattered Ard scoil in they were given a real game but playing with the wind in the ist half they built up a lead and Hamilton are not set up to chase a game and two fortiois goals gave them bigger margin of victory

For hammies will it be a case of third time lucky or defeat comes in threes

ARD SCOIL RIS HISTORY:

Ard Scoil ,are all boys secondary school in the heart of the Treaty county ,on the North Circular Road , in existence since 1963 and from around 50 students at the start  ,it has now over 700,and have became a powerhouse in Rubgy and GAA,and it has had distinquished rubgy men like Paul O Connell who was a Munster Heinken Cup Winner,Lions Test Series Winner and Former Series Captain,Grand Slam Winner,and Captain of Ireland.
    Current Munster and Ireland Rubgy Internationals  David Kilycoyne ,and Leinster and Current Irish International Sean Cronin are also past pubils that graced there corridoors,but have excelled in there chosen sport.

Sam Lynch the Irish Rower and a World Champion with Ireland went to the school.

In GAA many former Clare and Limerick Intercounty stars went to the school such as Nicky O'Connell,Darach Honan(mother is a Cork woman),Cathal Mclirnery(joint captain when they won the Harty in 2010,and Kevin Downes,Declan Hannon,Adrian Breen ,(UCC,suprise ommisson from the senior intercounty set up)Seamus Dowling,and Niall Moran .

It is not just Sport the school is known for ,but Pat Cox, former President of the European Parliment ,was a former pupil,and renowend debater also went there.
    If you want an entertainment link with the school ,look no further than,Dave Chambers and Bob Mcglynn ,of Rubberbandits fame ,as they are  past pupils.They are  trying to become the first Limerick school since CBS Sexton Street brought an All Ireland Title at senior schools back to Limerick in 1966 and it remains more a question of when,rather than if,that they accomplish that feat.The young Cork hurlers in 1966,were not the only boys that became men.That school are the only school,in Limerick that won a Croke cup,they won it in 1964 also.

Corks schools have won the Croke Cup14 times.In the Harty Cup just 3 Limerick schools have won it ,CBS Sexton Street ,have 10 Harty's ,and St .Munchins have just the 1.

Cork schools between ,St .Finbarrs Franfrerris (current Hamilton selector Noel Crowley won a Harty with them and would have learned under the expertise tulage of there Coach the Great Canon Michael O Brien,)North Mon,St Colmans,Midelton, Chriost Ri,and Cholaiste Iognaid RIS,they have over 40 titles and if Hammies were to win one,they would form a "Magnificent 7"in Cork schools that won the famous Harty Cup.

A bit like the spider that could not get up the wall.He may fall down repeatedly ,but he never stops trying,and eventually he finds a way.A bit like that spider,Ard Scoil won't give up ,and it is just a matter of time ,before the Dr.Croke Cup is resting at Ard Scoil.

And "Time" has been the storyline of Ard scoil,it has not been a case that many believe in that,the pick of talent between Limerick and Clare is put together,for instant success.Far from it.The foundations since 2002,have been laid and great work by the likes of Cormarc Bonnar of Tippereary,Liam Kennedy,Derek Larkin of Offaly, , Liam Cronin,Niall Crowe, Fergal Lyons ( a Cork man)and Pat Tobin , Victor Leydon,Tom Hennessy,Colm Honan (father of Clare player Darach), ,Jimmy Browne(expierence with Clare minors and u21 and LIT, Natal O’Grady and Joe Hannon (father of  Declan) among may others  at various times have all helped the school at various stages make good progress.

Niall Moran ,got involved in the mid 200O's and introduced modern training,recovery sessions,nutrition,post match video anayalis,tactial awareness and it benfited them greatly.

Of course they got money inputed in  to them from the Limerick and Clare County boards, and  the Limerick Supporters Club in Dublin and that is of mutal benefit ,there are players from both counties involved,so they will reap what Ard Scoil sow.

They also got  help from the various GAA boards in Limerick and  John Lyons of Supermacs down the years. They have been given the provison of use of facilties for use in many grounds,Meelick,LIT and Ul's superb North Campus complex,to name but a few,and combined with the huge support of parents ,they have and continue to build something special in Hurling.The money as it inevitably does made a difference,but it could not have helped,unless like the change in Dublin Hurling,it needed the "Will of the people involved"and it had that in abundance.

They are the only Munster school to compete in all A grades at u14,15 etc up along,and on any academic year they could have up to 14 teams in competition.

They learned the hard way,lost there 1st Dean Ryan Cup in 2005,won the Dean Ryan in 2008 and then decided to enter the Harty Cup in 2007, and  won the 1st one in 2010.They lost a Thriller of a Dean Ryan Cup to Midelton this year by a point,in a match they could easily of won.Just like the Dean Ryan 2005 loss did not set them back,the 2013 loss is unlikey to do so also.
    The next generation of Ard scoil Harty Cup teams are already  taking shape on the production line.

Again there is a structure and organistion to everything they do ,and a clear path to Glory lined out.The school has a vision,and have  the teaching and coaching staff to implement it,along with the talent to cultivate there dreams in to reality.They then won two succesive Harty cups in 2010 and 2011,two White Cups (u15)and won and u14 All Ireland in the last few years.

In essence,everyone from the teachers,to the coaches,to the county boards,the sponsor,the parents and most importanly the players themselves have turned Ard Scoil  from a minnows competing in B Hurling in to a Powerful and Significance force"in terms of competing and winning regulary at the elite level of Senior Schools Hurling,the Harty Cup.And the school is a credit to both Limerick and Clare Hurling and all involved with them.

HAMILTON HIGH'S HISTORY:
    The school is an all boys Catholic Secondary school situated North of the River in Bandon .It is a privately owned school and it was founded by Sean Hamilton and the a Limerick man Patrick Cahill.It is owned to this day by Sean's son,Padraig Hamilton ,and is very much in line with the traditions and foundations it was built on.Sean Hamilton,was a great man,and is known to have cycled from Bandon to Cork City ,to school every day ,hail,rain or snow,as a young scholar go to school in Cork.He done it the hard way,and like this present new generation,no obstacle is ever too big for them,they just get on with it,and as seen as seen in last years Cork Colleges which they won in hugely convincing style ,and the Harty Cup ,when the odds are against them ,they like the founder of the school,always had the endurance,stamina ,and determination to reach there goal ,no matter how long or diffcult or ardourous that journey is.

The school has around 375 pupils and has  7 teams involved GAA across different levels , and are already in a Munster B final in football,with many duals players on both teams.Noel Crowley ,GDO with the Cork County board has done fantastic work with them,and so too has Aidan O Donuguhe.They get there players mainly from Valley Rovers,Bandon,Newcestown,and Courcey Rovers .

They wouldn't have the financial rescources of Ard Scoil.
    They don't use that as an excuse not to succeed.In fact,former Prinicipal ,and coach of the Hurling teams,Kerry man ,Jim Costello said once ,that what makes the school so succesful ,is there is very little"Dont's"in the way of school life ,and there ethos is much in line with giving the students the freedom and trust to do things themselves .

For such young lads ,that is paying of ,and that ethos is very much in line with the way they play the game,they are not afraid to play themselves out of trouble at the back ,and play with a smile and freedom and fluency like they do ,that the postive ethos they have always enables them to look forward and embrace and relish a challenge,instead of  playing with fear and not being as succesful.
    Outside pundit doubt them v Ard scoil, I have concerns my self but nobody in school does and it's not arrogance but there like munster they truly believe they will win any challenge that come their way

Famous past pupils ,are the legendary GAA journalist ,Con Houinhan,former Cork hurling captain Pat Kenneally ,and former Cork Senior football Captain and current Cork Senior selector Owen Sexton.

Judge Con Murphy,who has a Cup presented in he's honour ,to the winners of the Junior A Hurling league in Cork GAA is also a past pupil.

Most notably more famous in Football,in that they won a load of Munster B,and C competions down the years and two All ireland a  B football title in 1975 and a C title in  2007,Hurling is now far from the poor relation.They have won Munster Senior C hurling titles,B U 16 title,u15 C ,but never won in the A grade,and from 1995 up to last year,never entered it ,but in the second year back,became the 1st school from West Cork to advance to a Harty Cup Quater Final.

In 2012/2013 they won there 1st match 1-18 to 3-10 against Chriost Ri,beaten by just 3 points to quater finalists Midelton,drew with the defending champions Nenagh .They are not satsified to rest on there laurels,onwards and upwards they remain.

THE FORM GUIDE OF BOTH TEAMS:

Hamilton have goals in them, 13 in four games is some record.
    Last year they had Michael cahalane as main scoring threat, this year more balance up front in scoring in eoin reilly and cathal dinnen and Colm maguire and aron lyons who got three goals Last year against Cashel In munster b under sixteen is a sub

Luke meade and Chris o leary and Jonathan mulchay well able to score also
    The match up will be crucial.
    It's a strong Ard scoil and when the draw was made I said it was a huge huge ask for them but with all ireland starter peter casey out, ronan lynch the heart beat of the team and five years expierence harty cup if plays must be doubts as has back injury the tide has changed and while Ard scoil regular I'n knock out stages last eight years will be favourites I give hammies a huge huge chance now
    Ard scoil have beaten just once since 2010 up to semi finals of the harty cup so they have traditional

Hamilton have scored 13--52 only Thurles have a higher scoring target The problem has been conceded 5-58 out of all quatre finalist even worst than nenagh
    The full back line has fine hurling but as a unit it concedes way too much

Ard scoil haven't had huge scoring 5-67 but concedes only 5-43 on the other hand.
    Peter casey if he's out is huge huge loss
    Who will start??
    Imo between David Fitzgerald clonlra or Kevin Howard, i have a feel Howard will start and he can score goals and points one two v flannans
    Conor houlilan limerick under sixteen last year is super forward or even goal keeper but he's likely start half back.
    I'f so huge bonus to Hamilton
    This may not happen

Sean phelan is a good full back but I'd be inclined to put eoin reilly on him
    There's goals for hammies inside but o reilly stays out field guaranteed niall moran, cork man fergal lyons will close down middle third so best option I'd hammies play a sweeper and leave two man full forward line inside with Colm dinneen and o reilly

Now o reilly has been sensational at centre forward no doubt and old thought is don't change what not broken
    From centre forward he got 5-22 in four games.

He's record in each game

Hammies 2-6 dungarvan 4f
    Around 2-4 v clonmel or more
    1-6 v nenagh 3 f
    Midelton 6 4f
    Hammies can say we wont change as o reilly Is brilliant.
    I'd be inclined to change simply as moran and lyons have been here before so they know too well about o reilly and have proven down year always get tactical battle right and will if fit have lynch on him or Thomas grimes limerick minor
    There brilliant hurling

O reilly needs be watches so you force Ard scoil top play on your terms in if leave hogan inside that is fine, there's goals inside but if grimes or lynch drop back to mark him the centre is not as strong
    O reilly actually played corner forward v dungarvan getting 2-2 from play
    Even one goal could be crucial In a game where weather will be brutal

Ard scoil half back line of houlilan, grimes and clare Nathan fox if he starts is strong but not the strongest around, and it's imperative that Hamilton don't have o reilly there if likes grimes or lynch start there as a unit O reilly won't get space on middle third but will at full forward line

I'd be lining up half forward line of daire Curran, Sean o Donovan out from full forward, cathal maguire with tomas sheehan defending starting at fifteen but playing as deeper sweeper around full back line in corner o Sullivan cork role just above full back line as he does and allow Chris o leary to leas from centre back and not drop to full as I thought about o leary dropped back but he's so good has be centre back

Long high ball down on half back line is Meat and drink to Ard scoil. Got to be short passing at low trajectory speed, and play width of the pitch so they can take on their men
    Ard scoil half back line fine on high ball but not as good on turn and that include lynch also
    He will sweep all day but you bypass he's influence to do that require thought,planning and execution of excellence where keeper cathal o flynn will have a huge bearing on the game in he's got to be always accurate with short puck outs, very fast when ball is hit wide or over to restart the game and half forwards and half backs for hammies got to be moving and running different angles before flynn even starts he's run imo as Ard scoil will try and box them up in a zonal defending way, key hammies make it one v one
    Prime example this used effective was five minutes to go Ag v Thurles Ag concedes a wide, dayne lee ran back to o connell screamed fast ball, twas given to him on the wing, he had strength and pace to beat he's opponent and then ran forty yards and was fouled
    Luke meade will be like lorchan mcloughlin for corl, first receiver on puck outs like lorchan was last year on short one for cork
    Dry day will suit hammies

Up to the likes of o leary and o brien also to be moving as moran won't be long sending man on meade
    It'd easy stop individuals but if you have a perfected system in play very hard to break it down and winter hurtling orthodox way won't always win

Curran and Donovan should be able to win high ball when thry do mix it but the likes of mulchay expierence from last year will be huge importance in breaking ball and use of possession in when to run hard create off loads or when to deliver ball fast to the forwards
    Key in wind is low low ball
    I expect wind in charville but not as bad as mallow

If you have runners and not just spacial awareness but actually movment in to space off the ball your can deliver low ball without it being intercepted

Midfield will be key in on their puck outs and outside the puck outs for cork senior luke meade and Jonathan mulchay

I would have luke filling just above he's half back line below midfield and in sweeping role and he's has engine to run and stamina to Last the pace.
    Hes senior cork player so he's confidence is sky high

The space he leaves st midfield will be filled by Curran dropping back there at times

The Ard scoil half forward line mulchay, limerick likely minors mackey and loughlin is good but I think mackey only stand out there
    Chris o leary needs to play at six and control the tempo and he's wonderful captain and I said here last year huge fan this lad imo exceptional centre back unlucky not make final cut after being on panel for cork minors but I remember v dungarvan in wind and rain in Mallow last year on the quater final and he made awesome hook dying minutes save certainly a goal in he's own full back line and shows imo the leadership, skill and stamina he has
    He has to be centre back for cork minors and when you keep likes bride senior hurling star shane walsh off you must be special hurler

He can clean up ball and if he has the wind and it's not swirling strike form long distance

James kelleher who was under sixteen last year and half in b competition has been outstanding all year and with o leary and eoin brien on other side that's a solid half back line
    I would keep Chris here as you don't want to disrupt the half back line and do what Ag did last week which was imo complete baffling change all spine their team central position

Ronan lynch if he plays centre back I'd be not too worried in once hammies keep o reilly at full forward
    If lynch starts midfield, the option is to move Chris with him but I just feel now conditions changed and once midfield sera is swarmed by likes Curran help mulchay and meade I'd nearly leave Chris at six
    If mulchay has difficult with lynch it won't take long to see all you then you act fast
    You put meade on him and put mulchay in meade deeper role above half back and between midfield
    If gillane limerick minor last year starts in midfield they will be strong I'f lynch starts also there
    Its hard to know how Ard scoil will start as they have so many options

Full back line is my worry and I don't think any individual's will solve it now so imo that's why I belive hammies have be systemic and close down space by weight numbers in key areas
    Hammies have in the unit fine hurlers individually imo but as a unit it's not been great
    They have conceded huge scores like nenagh and nenagh we saw what happened last week
    If they have plan to tighten this up they can win it imo

Andy Haydon got two one for nenagh v hammies and he's as mentioned before lightening full forward
    Conor boylan or Howard or casey or Fitzgerald depending who start will do like wise if allowed
    Joe o mahony imo is best man marker defending in that unit should take casey if he starts or else boylan
    In fairness to Aidan o donughe a brilliant coach he has seen there's an issue at full back and changed it by putting last year under sixteen full back William hurley who played corner all year but actually has expierence at full back where he played last year in munster under sixteen competition
    He's flanked by Murray but the key is going to be the cut and limit any fast ball supply in to the full forward line and that player imo tomas o sheehan is well able to do it, outstanding young prospect and centre back last year under sixteen and a half and he got a half v dungarvan so he's got game time

This is imo a far cry from like Ag starting morrisey who was just fifteen, sheehan is older but he'll be playing a free role than a man marking role and he can imo be a success at it

I think hammies have a good bench too I'n the likes of callaghan as a defender, twohig a defender, aron lyons a very good forward and Tadhg o Sullivan who got three points the last day from centre forward as a sub can if needed all do a job so they have imo depth in the panel

Fergal horgan referee good referee allows game flow and seen good counsel v Athenry in all ireland under sixteen semi final and he allowed brilliant game and seen him do harty cup games and Ard scoil v Hamilton last year he done I think but also done dungarvan game so bit like munster nigel Owen Hamilton know what to expect with he's style

A close game to call and I think niall moran talking up hammies being favourite and Ard scoil more less huge under dog bit mind games
    Ard scoil got to be favourites but with doubts on fit lynch, casey also I belive in Aidan o donughe and crowley who would learned immensely from noel crowley last year and imo will get tactical side right as against midelton were being well beaten but shrewd out players sweeper after twenty five minutes so they have a chance and last year I went against pundit popular thought and said hammies beat dungarvan I'm going to take chance and be brave and say they will win it
    Moran, flangan clare under twenty one captain   fergal lyons, and hennesy kilmallock keeper' make up the back room team at Ard scoil and imo Ard scoil have better senior management overall than some senior hurling teams so they will be well coached but once thry get good start and hopefully have the wind in the ist half the courage, Grit. Never beaten attitude, Huge heart from the school I always said the small school with the big heart I'd think they can do it
    As hammies have hurling in spades also
    This could be a great game and could be a tactical battle

But popular view is Ard scoil to win

Best of luck to hammies
    The school in three years have made knock outs stages last two years and are great ambassador for cork hurling and cork should be so so proud of this wonderful school

when done this earlier last week there was huge doubts over lunch and casey
    This extra five days could mean lynch is recovered fully and casey also so they may start.
    Word now is they will start, no one knows for definite

Can't wait for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Only a small thing TTM but Con Houlihan taught at the Hammies rather than attending it as a pupil.

Brian Crowley MEP is probably the most famous non-sporting past pupil.

Only a small thing TTM but Con Houlihan taught at the Hammies rather than attending it as a pupil.

Brian Crowley MEP is probably the most famous non-sporting past pupil.
    Apologies Denis
    Thank for that

Brian crowley a man fought huge challenges in he's life came through other side another inspiration to the school

Would you give them chance Denis today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Definitely, I'd make Ardscoil marginal favourites but I think the bookies are going a bit too much on last year despite the fact the teams have changed a lot

Definitely, I'd make Ardscoil marginal favourites but I think the bookies are going a bit too much on last year despite the fact the teams have changed a lot

Talk is lynch may start??

As thought ucc limerick game Saturday kilmallock

Denis any word please venue cork clare?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭solwhit12

Same old posts I see

Cuthbhert is being judged cork senior football manager based on results

I'f you can tell fans why not criticseed him please do so if you can to debate

What has Cuthbert done improve cork football since he was manger??
    Thanks in advance

It's only January that's why, if it was in Munster fair enough .cork won it last year and you were still giving out you don't like Cuthbert because he is a frank man so is jbm but there is nothing said there .cuthbert should be judged on this year's championship not a mickey mouse cup in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

abbeytipp @abbeytipp · 54s 55 seconds ago
    @abbeytipp 2-11 CBC 3-12 hard luck to the lads @Munsterpps @MunsterGAA @TipperaryGAA

solwhit12 wrote: »
    It's only January that's why, if it was in Munster fair enough .cork won it last year and you were still giving out you don't like Cuthbert because he is a frank man so is jbm but there is nothing said there .cuthbert should be judged on this year's championship not a mickey mouse cup in January.

And riddle me does last years championship not count at all in your mind? was sunday just another indication of the decline in this team with this man involved? most keen observers would say of course. However lets wait even longer, shur theres always next year ffs man
    This attitude of always waiting is why cork is such a great underachieving county in GAA terms. One all Ireland football title every 20-30 years with our playing resources is an absolute DISGRACE. putting a man in charge of this team with NO record of achievement whatsoever in football is as big a DISGRACE.

Bitterly cold charville so cold barely type
    Half time 8ard scoil to hammies seven

Epic game cracker

Nothing in it Hamilton can win this started well

Luke meade and Chris o leary having awesome games

They can win it

Full back line holding well and puck outs good also

Utterly utterly baffling view with respect your  are just my opinion of course

Jbm is or not a frank man in he's he's idolised by Frank and worshiped by franks disciples buy don't blame jbm jbm is one those few in sport that has no enemies loved adorned by all
    Jbm Brough in landers who frank doesn't like as probed by not getting minors job and ring had bring landers in

Your wrong regards cork history so look I'll self educate you

Landers was told over he's stance ist strike by John Meyer hlgood coach but loyal frank man take one look around pairc you will never see it again as players for role in strike

Frank overlooked Cunningham for cork job twice over loyalty cork strike players but jbm made it clear wanted cunning as coach or he would not take job

Cunninghsm jbm have history but he brought him in as knew befit cork
    Jbm refuses take under twenty one job in 2011 over wasn't allowed by Frank pick he's own selectors

Some yes man jbm is alright

What a clue less statement jbm a frank man, he stood up frank many times and frank won't go against jbm I'm straw break camels bsck as most loyal frank fan club wouldn't be happy as everybody loved jbm

Cuthbhert your hero well done, your great judge manager yes I'd say Cuthbhert is yes man as your may not be aware but dog on the street know Cuthbhert got football job as he would allow it be second fiddle to hurling and would allow dualism and when frank says jump Cuthbhert says how high and Cuthbhert pro board every way in not one by all three cork strikes and minor role in 07 and groomed for senior job then

I criticseed jbm many times here.
    Be a good man look back over my posts and I criticism jbm style play lack full back
    However I'm glad jbm stayed as pat Kenneally was set take over job so I'm glad jbm stayed and he's better chance with hurling than your hero has with football
    Cuthbhert I wanted sacked as he's NEVER WON ANYTHING AT CLUB LEVEL WITH THE TOWN OR BALLYCLOUGH OR CORK GOT HAMMERED BY KERRY IN MUNSTER, PLAYERS REFUSING PLAY UNDER HIM, NO COACH YES NO COACH, BLAMING REFEREE'S AND PLAYERS, SOMETHING JBM DOESN'T DO BUT JBM HAS ADMITTED HE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR TIPP GAME SOMETHING CUTHBHERT HASN'T DONE OR SIMPLY WON'T

Sorry now if I have spell this out buy it's obvious but yet you don't see it or simply fail to see

Yesterday one point play was disgrace no matter when was as this was a division four team
    Great comeback wait til kerry
    Seriously we got take another hammering in kerry and relegated be division two which will in two years be harder get promoted from but likes yourself say wait til damage I'd done that imo will be irreversible to cork football
    Just cause you fail to see or simply don't want to don't expect grass roots knowledge fans do same with respect.

Lost one 16 to one eleven better team won but brave gallant display be proud hammies

Lynch difference

Goal five row rocked hammies but didn't throw towel

Came again

More report later some cold breeze here
    Rochtown can beat hammies

Congratulations Ard brilliant hurling school

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The 96fm report at 4.30 went as follows.....

...in the Harty cup today the score was Are Scoil Rís one hundred and sixteen Hamilton one one nine...

Jesus wept !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement