Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

CORKDOUBLE wrote: »
    Lads where has Mark Sugrue gone is he not with U.C.C. this year ? Luke Connolly is a sub on sunday but I think Sugrue is a better player ...they might be small in stature but Alan and Stephen Cronin are brilliant intelligent footballers and ideal corner backs ....interesting I did not see there names on the U.C.C. team in the Sigerson ?

Alan was with UCC last year, must have left college I'd say. Stephen Cronin is in 1st year in UCC I'm told and therefore ineligible for Sigerson.

Sugrue definitely came on in a game earlier in the year for UCC, so not sure is he injured or what. He wasn't on the UCC panel on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Cork minor panel very close been finalised
    Around thirty this week cut it to
    I told this evening cork played challenge other night v cork selection with lord mayor cup

Cork won
    I know full team but won't say all but main points
    Few lads got recall from panel
    Cian Collins got game goal
    Declan Dalton outfield played
    Bill hennwsy played but told if correct played midfield not corner back where tried earlier games
    Darragh o brien played centre back and with seadna smith meant be very good

So far no stone left unturned by management and all panel players and they all deserves immense credit for work so far and those not fortunately make cut deserve immense credit in there's huge competition this year and there are some very very hard calls

April coming soon pretty fast now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

TTM, I assume you would know this but what age is Collins the Cork hurling goalkeeper? wasnt he playing Under 21 when he was 18 or something outrageous like that? Just trying to think what age he is now.

TTM, I assume you would know this but what age is Collins the Cork hurling goalkeeper? wasnt he playing Under 21 when he was 18 or something outrageous like that? Just trying to think what age he is now.

Patrick is nineteenth

Played minor and under twenty one last two years

Three years left st under twenty one

Awesmoric sensation absolutely gem of talent goalie haa it all and so so so much more

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hurleratheart

Alan was with UCC last year, must have left college I'd say. Stephen Cronin is in 1st year in UCC I'm told and therefore ineligible for Sigerson.

Sugrue definitely came on in a game earlier in the year for UCC, so not sure is he injured or what. He wasn't on the UCC panel on Tuesday.

was wondering as well why no mention of those Cronins from Nemo - they've ben unlucky with injuries - Steven had shoulder op im sure after 21s last year

thanks for update

Canyon86 wrote: »
    anybody fancy rochestown to beat ard scoil on the 31st lads?

be good to see a cork school still in the loop

if there right they have fantastic chance

i hope they have enough hurling done

Every great great team is beaten on a day and I think ard scoil if there going beaten will loose team like cork side

I fancy them to win
    Hsmmies pushed them all the way but richestown are much better balanced at full back and I think they will win this

If they do there at least guaranteed two more games

No injuries and hear meaney likely start they have huge chance

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

http://www.the42.ie/ucc-ul-fitzgibbon-cup-1910122-Jan2015/
    Great see cadogan lehane getting goals

All cork forwards this year getting goals good sign

Murphy must be injured hopefully will not be too serious
    Cit won also good for cork hurling

Murphy was dropped in place of tom Devine with Dan Roche going back. Its just Cunningham trying his dummy teams as well. Why do GAA teams bother with this stupid tradition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

Every great great team is beaten on a day and I think ard scoil if there going beaten will loose team like cork side

I fancy them to win
    Hsmmies pushed them all the way but richestown are much better balanced at full back and I think they will win this

If they do there at least guaranteed two more games

No injuries and hear meaney likely start they have huge chance

TTM... I was not overly impressed with ASR V Hammies and think Rocco have a huge chance but still a player like Ronan Lynch can dictate this game unless ball is kept away from him with puckouts etc. Hammies played well but couldn't seem to get past the ASR half back line. If Rocco can get on top at 3 & 6 its going to be a massive advantage. This should be a cracker . Rocco for me.

• Advertisement

Murphy was dropped in place of tom fevine with Dan Roche going back. Its just Cunningham trying his dummy teams as well. Why do GAA teams bother with this stupid tradition.
    thanks that

Yeah was wondering that alright

Daniel roche good tapping fast hurler but lacks aggressive bite in he's hurling imo

Murphy is much better than him

I agree dummy teams annoy me and this joke waiting last minute name team

Like limerick in fairness wait til the day probably to name team Waterford Crystal, very hard journalist people preview the game

Dublin football same no team yet for Sunday

They have bring in rule by Thursday or Friday latest imo

Smith614 wrote: »
    TTM... I was not overly impressed with ASR V Hammies and think Rocco have a huge chance but still a player like Ronan Lynch can dictate this game unless ball is kept away from him with puckouts etc. Hammies played well but couldn't seem to get past the ASR half back line. If Rocco can get on top at 3 & 6 its going to be a massive advantage. This should be a cracker . Rocco for me.

Yeah the key as well was best man markers Joe o mahogany went half back when should started corner back eoin o brien went corner to half and had be sunbed as both had tough days from opponents

Mickey mickey will take watching but Douglas have men ti mark him
    Lynch is heartbeat the team I agree

Grimes and hoinhsn are very good but cormac and Kingston more than able for them

That full back hogan is good but can as eoin reilly proved with three points be taken for scores

Would you drop Kingston in on him to get a goal?? Or keep him half forward floating??

Tough call imo

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

thanks that

Yeah was wondering that alright

Daniel roche good tapping fast hurler but lacks aggressive bite in he's hurling imo

Murphy is much better than him

I agree dummy teams annoy me and this joke waiting last minute name team

Like limerick in fairness wait til the day probably to name team Waterford Crystal, very hard journalist people preview the game

Dublin football same no team yet for Sunday

They have bring in rule by Thursday or Friday latest imo

I was covering the game yesterday and its nearly a running joke for UCC games that you need to find John Grainger so as to get the correct team. Then GMIT made 7 changes to the squad with midfielders being put corner forward etc so I suppose UCC wasn't that bad.

Their is also a little rumour on the grapevine that both Queens and IT Sligo fielded ineligible players in their game so UCC could get a walkover but as one would say watch this space.
    The players are supposed to fall under the Aidan Walsh rule by swapping colleges etc too often even though UUJ get through with lads doing bouncer courses in college. Like who goes to college on a scholarship to be a bouncer.:P.

I was covering the game yesterday and its nearly a running joke for UCC games that you need to find John Grainger so as to get the correct team. Then GMIT made 7 changes to the squad with midfielders being put corner forward etc so I suppose UCC wasn't that bad.

Their is also a little rumour on the grapevine that both Queens and IT Sligo fielded ineligible players in their game so UCC could get a walkover but as one would say watch this space.
    The players are supposed to fall under the Aidan Walsh rule by swapping colleges etc too often even though UUJ get through with lads doing bouncer courses in college. Like who goes to college on a scholarship to be a bouncer.:P.

Jesus should be interesting

In a way though would ucc be hindered with no game would be better with game

Would not matter though if gap between semi and quatre was small enough

Ucc football team will take some team beat them imo

Yeah it joke for ye guys I'd say trying get names alright those matches

Kingston roaming I think is the best and most effective way for him. He seems to have the full package. Would let him at 14 for a while but a waste if they cant get the ball to him. Is Meaney going to start? Peter Casey is a good corner forward for ASR with senior Na Piarsaigh experience. In these conditins goals are going to be vital and I think Rocco have the better full back line.

Smith614 wrote: »
    Kingston roaming I think is the best and most effective way for him. He seems to have the full package. Would let him at 14 for a while but a waste if they cant get the ball to him. Is Meaney going to start? Peter Casey is a good corner forward for ASR with senior Na Piarsaigh experience. In these conditins goals are going to be vital and I think Rocco have the better full back line.

I think he will word is he is
    If not at half time but they know you can't let ard scoil get lead chase them

There normal control games but I think that once on back foot unfamiliar territory and they could struggle

Yeah fair point bout Kingston

Interesting if Kingston has good game si lynch put him
    If so fine as they will limit each other and Kingston well able him last year but lynch has hand injury then be fair

Casey is dangerous alright
    Mickey maxkey also

Gillwne centre forward cashnsn has long day ahead but I have no fear cashman he'll be fine

Griffin should be fine inside

They have soild spine team excellent coaches and full package to beat ard scoil

This will be like a game of chess as moran as proved v Hammies is tactically good as move Gullane at centre forward was a surprise but a mastee stroke

Goals be crucial tomorrow jusr one could do but I think there's goal for richestown there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

With Powter and Cormack inside and Lynch and Kingston coming from deeper there's goals in that forward line. Winning ball from puck outs will have to be a lot better than against Nenagh, both in the air and on the ground from breaks. In fairness, they're a team with a lot of fight and leadership so I wouldn't put it past then but it's a big ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

Smith614 wrote:

Word is Rochestown have 1 major injury concern. Intensive physio and rehab during the week. Hopefully dosen't come down to injuries working against them again for the second sucessive year.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rughug

Patrick is nineteenth

Awesmoric sensation absolutely gem of talent goalie haa it all and so so so much more

I hope to god he is after working on the flight / trajectory of his puckouts. I watched him in the minor hurling cship v waterford in pairc ui rinn was it 2 years ago and i wouldnt like to have been half forward. They took too long to drop thus giving the physical backs all the advantage. He needs to perfect a lower zippy ball flight and give his forwards a chance. Other than that great shot stopper.Big future.

• Advertisement

Rohestown V Ard Scoil put back to 3pm

Charleville 3pm tomorrow

Rohestown V Ard Scoil put back to 3pm

Charleville 3pm tomorrow

It's not over weather is it??

Patrick is nineteenth

I hope to god he is after working on the flight / trajectory of his puckouts. I watched him in the minor hurling cship v waterford in pairc ui rinn was it 2 years ago and i wouldnt like to have been half forward. They took too long to drop thus giving the physical backs all the advantage. He needs to perfect a lower zippy ball flight and give his forwards a chance. Other than that great shot stopper.Big future.

Patrick is nineteenth

Patrick is nineteenth

• Advertisement

dunno

twas coming down in buckets earlier but i only heard true a pal

http://www.eveningecho.ie/sport/cork-sport/2015/01/30/ciara-osullivan-2/

Brilliant choice captain

A born leader and a warrior fair play

In this hectic epic grand slam gaa weekend with harty, football hurling, let's not forget the Millford camife with sensational outstanding aisling Thompson and geary along others drive for three all Ireland two in semi final with the arhahan Galway in nenafh

Cork play Wexford senior hurling challenge cit likely be Sunday if goes ahead

Cork football under twenty one playing Wexford football
    I think cork under twenty one hurlers are trying organise something also

What weekend gaa
    Awesmoric cork gaa

dunno

twas coming down in buckets earlier but i only heard true a pal

Thanks for that

some joy for AG today at least

bet Midleton 10 - 1-6 in Under 16"A" Hurling final

maybe seventh at match?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭N20

No nicer fella than John Grainger - legend

• Advertisement

DoctaDee wrote: »
    DUBLIN (SF v Cork)

1 Seán Currie (Ballymun Kickhams)

2 Eoin Culligan (Kilmacud Crokes)

3 Rory O'Carroll (Kilmacud Crokes)

4 Darren Daly (Fingal Ravens)

5 Jonny Cooper (Na Fianna)

6 John Small (Ballymun Kickhams)

7 Jack McCaffrey (Clontarf)

8 Denis Bastick (Templeogue Synge St)

9 Shane Carthy (Nh Mearnóg)

10 Tomás Brady (Na Fianna)

11 Dean Rock (Ballymun Kickhams)

12 Emmett O Conghaile (Lucan Sarsfields)

13 Kevin McManamon (St Jude's)

14 Eoghan O'Gara (Templeogue Synge St)

15 Cormac Costello (Whitehall Colmcille)

That Dublin team names their thread

That strong team

Ist sign blanket mixed attack with Gavin imo in conaghaile will play around midfield dropping from half forward

It'd string Dublin full forward line and costello who got four points ist day croke v cork will absolutely be handful for loughrey and o gara height cause Clancy problems and also mcbrnmon will cause Clancy corner problems

That string team imo going for the win and with a direction and coach cork are still off a bit I'd find hard see cork win

Nothing to do with weather. By accounts Charleville requested 3pm.

Dublin: S Cluxton; J Cooper (0-01), R O'Carroll, P McMahon; J McCarthy, N Devereux, K Nolan; MD Macauley (1-01), D O’Mahony; J Whelan, A Brogan (0-01), D Connolly (1-02, 1-0 pen, 1f); K McManamon (0-01), P Flynn (0-02), P Andrews (0-03).
    Subs: E O’Gara (0-02) for Whelan (26), D Byrne (0-01) for O’Mahony (35), B Brogan (0-04, 3f) for McManamon (44), D Nelson (0-01) for Nolan (57), C Reddin (0-01) for Andrews (66), T O’Brady for O’Gara (68).
    Cork: K O’Halloran; M Shields, J O’Sullivan (0-01), T Clancy; J Loughrey, P Kelly (0-01), D Cahalane; F Goold (0-01), A O’Sullivan; M Collins (1-00), D O’Connor (0-01), P Kerrigan (0-01); D Goulding (0-2, 1f), B Hurley (0-05), C O’Neill (1-01).
    Subs: J O’Rourke for O’Connor (44), A Walsh for Goulding (49), J Hayes for O’Neill (56), N Galvin for Clancy (60), T Clancy for A O’Sullivan (62), K O’Driscoll for Kerrigan (68).

Last April team when cork lost 2-23 ti 2-20

Just like Sunday cork on paper had a six forward paper would score

Goulding for Hodnet this time both can see score

Kerrigan for colm in April and kerrigan much better player colm

Four six forwards then cork starts Sunday

So point is forwards no good without ball

Key Sunday will of we ger lot ball

Strong team Dublin but not their strongest either

Cork imo strong full back line compared now but even struggled so Sunday I huge fears our unit as if they like April loose possession stakes it'd going be wave after wave attack even with blanket defence

Good read in what was a was a great realistic piece by Derek daly echo tonight
    I have mentioned him before particularly when he's views after cork tipp hurling night mare in august hr spoke real truth lot of what I said here myself even

He's headline magior doubts hang over cork

Made good point we can blame management but cork lost key experience leaders last year that affect set up
    However imo some those players were told there time was up and still cork imo lot leaders left on the panel

He correctly said cork had nice settler v westneath last year but Dublin different now early on

He correctly said defeat Waterford to was either sign of things all not right in the camp or ir will act badly need wake up call for all concerned

Great point and fair play him saying it it

The answer to the thar well know four pm Sunday in my opinion

He correctly summed last season as it was scraped past tipp he saud, and duly thumped by kerry
    He then correctly said cork always just making up number from then on in the qualifiers

He correctly fair play didn't mention at all at all the moral victory proclaimed win loss to mayo

He correctly says cork have talent but the midfield or the game plan remains be answered

He says though cork despite all this would targeted Dublin game

And he says if cork fail to lay glove on Dublin or remain off the pace then the season ahead could be long one

Sunday is key in he's view is what I gather m
    Such splendid honesty calling a spade a spade reasoned article and pity no link I can post it here well worth a read imo
    Himself and Donovan in particular while saying win,league not essential still few looses won't do moral much good either for the team

I have read three brilliant articles two today one I mentioned yesterday regards cork football
    Great see

However imo there'd been few by other writer that's just either fails see reality or just choose not to
    He regards some view as flippant just cause doubt cork league with imo justified cause

Point was made its about evolution of team rather than revolution, and it's fair point

One must remember however for evolution to happen though you must have a leader to lead you where no man has lead you before and evolution any team begins and is success determined by a manager in my opinion
    If a manager can't see what ti change or how to embrace change successful in a team imo evolution won't occur

Supporters patient is paramount to evolution according to the writer to as cork achieve success at highesr level

It's fair point to ask for patience but if clear lack direction and mistakes repeated again again then cork imo have right questions things as while patience is fine within reason it must be remembered time waits for no team so If cork do have problems and things are being not solved then having this idea wait wait wait, imo won't do cork much good but could fall hugely behind the other elite teams

Mary white had brilliant piece on ladies game tonight and lgfa and I must say overall tonight sport supplements in echo was excellent and I said it before all credit due their Friday supplements are pretty good
    Good interview with Micheal cronin also ex cork senior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭Horse84

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/michael-moynihan/cork-county-board-may-sell-pairc-ui-chaoimh-naming-rights-310014.html?utm_source=androidapp&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=sharebutton

Sick of reading about this now. Screens on seats and not a mention of underage development and the proposed 'centre of excellence'

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭CORKDOUBLE

Well done and congrats to my idol BILLY MORGAN for his award last night so deserved .....the man is a REAL LEGEND of Cork gaa ....was fighting for Cork football it seemed on his own for years ....took on the county board along time before Donal Og did ! 13 Times as a player and as manager he knocked Kerry OUT of the championship ...i dont know thats a record that maybe no Kerry man has against Cork ....thats when Munster championship was knockout ....13 years he put the Kingdom to the sword ....LEGEND OF CORK GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

Well done and congrats to my idol BILLY MORGAN for his award last night so deserved .....the man is a REAL LEGEND of Cork gaa ....was fighting for Cork football it seemed on his own for years ....took on the county board along time before Donal Og did ! 13 Times as a player and as manager he knocked Kerry OUT of the championship ...i dont know thats a record that maybe no Kerry man has against Cork ....thats when Munster championship was knockout ....13 years he put the Kingdom to the sword ....LEGEND OF CORK GAA.

Some nan CD and still doing it,what a great cork football man and very honest interview in irish times today also about where we are,have to say diarmuid o donovan also very honest about management mistakes in same article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Best of luck to Rochestown.

Sir king mr billy Morgan is one my heroes engraved in legendary folklore gaa and imo amount the greatest I mean really really really greatest gss managers and gaa men all time

An legend well deserved
    Did he ever get freedom cork like Roy Keane or sean og

Ran marathon usa in sixtes he gets better with age

Kerry huge respect him that says it all really

• Advertisement

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/cork-footballers-look-to-apply-hard-lessons-learned-last-year-1.2085646

Good read bit imo Donovan just playing typical board line they made mistakes every one does kind thing and only can learn by going through it and course they change things last year

Tomorrow will tell lot sean???

Have they learned last year??
    Midfield doesb appear so with the reliability on cussen as only midfield game changer

The naming of some lads mcgrath cup thankfully were dropped now shows perception judgement player is still concern

The view cadogan centre back hr will start there tomorrow
    Persistence with colm driscoll again and also the persistence Hayes, Kevin Barry o driscoll
    No lessons being learned at all imo that regard absolutely none

The interview after Waterford game regards doc wasn't a change attuide like back players

Donovan is good gaa mam he's father very good friends jbm and he's good administrator however he's never ever going critics management when he was minor manager himself awful remember hr has bulk lads failed minor but won at under twenty one

Common difference good management
    He does have passion football no doubt and fair play cork play Dublin hurling semi last year he went London for cork junior v warrifksgire
    I have huge admiration love football and he likes football get more credit

Problems is administration is have him involved but no where near picking managers or team etc
    He will never blame managers as seen by articles in he's writing time in the echo

He's awful article I posted here before in cork minor demise two year ago with kennelly was that minor team should really only be judged in twelve years after sew how many team made senior all Ireland winning team such utter utter imo rubbish and while he has some other valid points he never questioned awful cork under age management

Nobody fault management for mistakes but the issue is when they kept repeated same basic ones over and over again

Also the way he saud inexperienced
    Board are accountable for that as should never appointed young inexperienced manager and also cuthbhert I dint feel one but sympathy I'm sorry now for this he has no experience beside him lark
    Who picked management selection team???
    Fans no
    Players no
    Brian cuthbhert did si he has take imo full responsibility

The times article good but moran got bit carried away imo
    He said cuthbhert and co have excellent football credibility??
    I'm sorry now be blunt but that's incorrect and not my opinion but a fact sexton Sullivan and cuthbert and let's not forget don Davis have no proven successful record even at club level

That Dublin team is beatable tomorrow if we had a midfield

It's strong cork team on paper and have been training last four months hard so if loose not good sign for things to come

sean mac wrote: »
    Some nan CD and still doing it,what a great cork football man and very honest interview in irish times today also about where we are,have to say diarmuid o donovan also very honest about management mistakes in same article

Did you read Derek daly piece in the echo??
    Great read

Horse84 wrote: »
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/michael-moynihan/cork-county-board-may-sell-pairc-ui-chaoimh-naming-rights-310014.html?utm_source=androidapp&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=sharebutton

Sick of reading about this now. Screens on seats and not a mention of underage development and the proposed 'centre of excellence'

This like I said from day one be some story watch unfold

They won't actually mark my words have spend penny themselves with gaa government munster council funding etc and now seats yet there wealthiest board in Ireland
    Joke was even old seats they sold couldn't give clubs free but no much wants more

Harty cup saving grace so far good results cork team take hest off but it must be remembered that it's under age volunteers doing great work and there reason and they crying out for more gdo than the poor number of eleven if even eleven and cork should have twenty etc

Parts city struggling big time
    Brian dillon club darragh Rodgers can't even field under age teams five grades this year or so shows parts city even yes the glen and barrs still struggling with numbers and most them wear man City man United shirts than cork shirts as games gaa nit begin coached or promotes to level imo it needs to be

Centre of mediocrity is a joke but mark my words there will undoubtedly be some drama with this as it won't be what was promised in be dealt or be off like the new seats time before has to be taken out and re put in again because they were not right the ist time

Naming rights for seating anything make money
    The stadium will likely be called after frank probably

Clubs still asked sell gaa draw funding pairs also
    I dint participate in that anyore or decided against season ticket in football as too many problems at moment that are not being corrected
    I just buy tickets per game in football and see how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭Horse84

This like I said from day one be some story watch unfold

They won't actually mark my words have spend penny themselves with gaa government munster council funding etc and now seats yet there wealthiest board in Ireland
    Joke was even old seats they sold couldn't give clubs free but no much wants more

Harty cup saving grace so far good results cork team take hest off but it must be remembered that it's under age volunteers doing great work and there reason and they crying out for more gdo than the poor number of eleven if even eleven and cork should have twenty etc

Parts city struggling big time
    Brian dillon club darragh Rodgers can't even field under age teams five grades this year or so shows parts city even yes the glen and barrs still struggling with numbers and most them wear man City man United shirts than cork shirts as games gaa nit begin coached or promotes to level imo it needs to be

Centre of mediocrity is a joke but mark my words there will undoubtedly be some drama with this as it won't be what was promised in be dealt or be off like the new seats time before has to be taken out and re put in again because they were not right the ist time

Naming rights for seating anything make money
    The stadium will likely be called after frank probably

Clubs still asked sell gaa draw funding pairs also
    I dint participate in that anyore or decided against season ticket in football as too many problems at moment that are not being corrected
    I just buy tickets per game in football and see how it goes

Yea agree with all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

Did you read Derek daly piece in the echo??
    Great read

Great read by daly and in fairness barry o Donovan - and fair play to the echo for having these pieces, its very easy to follow a certain line of get behind the team etc as one columnist does.
    TTM , I would cut diarmuid o Donovan some slack, he is a committed football man and unfortunately him not being on the football selection board last year was a disaster as it turned out, at least he acknowledged there was a problem and that management had to learn - better then bob ryan roaring from the top table to tell people to stop giving out.........we'll see.
    Imo having watched Dublin their key men are - cluxton, brennan, oflynn, Connolly and mcauley, brogan - none palying tomorrow MUST WIN for cork.

sean mac wrote: »
    Great read by daly and in fairness barry o Donovan - and fair play to the echo for having these pieces, its very easy to follow a certain line of get behind the team etc as one columnist does.
    TTM , I would cut diarmuid o Donovan some slack, he is a committed football man and unfortunately him not being on the football selection board last year was a disaster as it turned out, at least he acknowledged there was a problem and that management had to learn - better then bob ryan roaring from the top table to tell people to stop giving out.........we'll see.
    Imo having watched Dublin their key men are - cluxton, brennan, oflynn, Connolly and mcauley, brogan - none palying tomorrow MUST WIN for cork.
    Fair point sean

I do like Donovan and I'm fan just wouldn't have him managing or picking selection teams and he nor ruthless enough but he's not the worst by far

Daly was brilliant yeah one columnist who cork could get hammered yet he will still say not worry and cork are going along nicely

Imo he's been consistent with articles disregard tipp last year as twenty point inferior team, cork just turn up all Ireland v clare and he's comments regarding fans being eccentric etc
    He's article time and again when you judge results are actually way off the mark but yea he's entitled to he's opinion

Echo be fair have given balanced view last few days and that great to see

Southern star I'd fine paper but cork football assessment is by and for imo nor realistic at times in seems be totally positive still in defeats

Kieran Mccarthy good journalist but I belive he's a kerry man so I suppose cork naturally not highest team on he's agenda fair enough
    I'd be same if I was in he's shoes

If cork football ends disaster I feel for lane and Kennedy in they have answer hard questions while bob Ryan won't have to answer for a thing in he's now in central council

Imo he's tern as vice chairman and chairman was appalling and for a political man he didn't entertain decromacy by refusal debate some points

I heard usual anti cusack ethos board alive and well
    Regard frank against all Ireland final Saturday replay it was mentioned cusack was on that panel, yet apparently and mentioned in media cusack names drew a wild chorus of laughter
    Fair play they put on united front

Today will imo be close

Rochestown have an excellent management in fahy and longeran, there top coached and they will need it again moran, clare under twenty one captain won all Ireland flangan, fergal Lyons a cork man

Cullihane is a fine keeper, solid good puck out likely have make least one good save today

Murphy I'n corner strong athletic and tough as mails and should be able for Casey if materialise

Griffin should be fine on cork man dave boylan son conor on limerick panel and is fine forward but dual players griffin outstanding full back and should be fine

Nathan Walsh I'd fine corner back no monense hurler and imo that unit is best left in the competition

Half back line is winning the game
    Who knows what moran will do I'm Gullane started centre forward last day and was brilliant buy he could change it again and that what makes moran great coaches in you never know what he's going to do

He at crucial stage last day changed lynch to midfield and that won then the game and also he had the astute mind to know when luke made went in full forward for a bit ti react fast and put Nathan fox brilliant man marker more so than a half back on him
    Moran unlike other coaches doesn't take age to react he reacts in an instance

Gillane if he starts here will have be marked by cashman
    Kelliher take up outstanding mickey mackey who will be limerick minor and imo awesome player but kelliher good hurler but like john Sullivan will have to drop deep to help and protect that half back line

Midfield I's key imo
    I think meaney will start and imo I'd start him with o brien still at midfield but meaney as half forward but a sweeper roles around middle third

He can stop any runs of brilliant lynch through the centre and lynch if goes future back for possession then o brien can follow him
    Sullivan fine hurler nit very young so physical wise lynch I'd stronger but Sullivan if he plays he's own game can imo have a good game

Rochestown unlike hsmmies have better balanced and more ley players like griffin, cashman, meaney, power in foot, Kingston and cormac that have cork experience or will have so there at elite level and imo will match ard scoil with hogan. Lynch, grimes, Gullane, mackey, houinhsn, boylan, possibly fix with clare and Fitzgerald the sub among others

But Hammies has good hurlers but bar o leary and meade and o reilly didn't have like richestown calibre inter county match their inter county players

If lynch goes back he'll be excellent at half back but they loose out else where imo

Half forward line cormac abs Kingston should be able for houinhsn and limerick minor this and last year Thomas grimes

Cormac and Kingston are both big strong athletic men but they are cork minor and they have oceans of hurling
    There top top quality

Kingston should be able for grimes and he should drift in to full forward like lehane does as he's very difficult to mark when making runs in from deep
    He like cormack is excellent from frees are big big game players and imo will be fine today
    Playing a sweeper imo will leave free man for ard scoil but the ball winning of cormack and guile of Kingston should be creative to bypass that when the need arises

A two man full forward line imo of power and the fast Liam Sullivan can get goals with Kingston coming in from deep as ard scoil full back line as hsmmies proved is okay but can certainly be beaten and hogan good player but power could cause him problems

This will be epic, close, don't rule out extra time and a goal or a referee decision could have a huge bearing on this game but imo I fancy the confidence from winning the cork colleges, the football win v the kerry team the excellent coaching and some top class players and subs of calibre of cantwell for example if needed and the winning of close games v caoimhin coming from behind, ruthless executions of beating nenagh handy the awesome work rate I think today they will win and beat one of the great I mean great school sides

Best of luck to them
    Leaving now for the game can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Level game half time with Roco playing into the wind. Played all the hurling though and been wasteful. Need to get a handle on Ronan Lynch.

Rochestown 3-9 ASR 0-13. 45 minutes

• Advertisement

4-10 to 0-15 55 min

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement