Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭CORKDOUBLE

That's a very positive interview from Paul Kerrigan in the Examiner today...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/well-travelled-paulnbspkerrigan-is-happy-to-settle-back-with-cork-311285.html

Good interview but would not regard it as time changing as I saud this before kerrigan is not stranger interview as I could link many Downe he past and imo needs stay away from media until constancy is brought to he's performance as he does lit talking talk and right words but ain concession big games and he's around long enough now to be making a mark

Hw spoke similar one few players after cuthbhert appointment last year and talk was awesome, you think not think worry about

I always get feeling some teams same old fells media all time
    I wouldn't have him anywhere near media as he's done plenty time and cork fans won't judge him this performance on field is to be judged

John Hayes another one always does interviews due one at least this campaign based previous years as is cussen
    Doc etc should be doing then or cadogan as there actually perform in the field or shields

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

It's getting tiresome at this stage................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Unbelievable win for Rochestown. 1-10 to 1-9. Tremendous heart shown by this group yet again.

Mighty Mighty Rochestown .....well done lads....

Sean Powter is some man for one man. The word lose just doesn't exist in his vocabulary. Mighty stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Super result for the lads. Delighted for them!

wackokid wrote: »
    Sean Powter is some man for one man. The word lose just doesn't exist in his vocabulary. Mighty stuff.

Who else stood out wacko???!

Was power corner back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Can someone please tell me where exactally is nemo rangers gaa club in cork...directions from UCC would be great but address is fine also

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me where exactally is nemo rangers gaa club in cork...directions from UCC would be great but address is fine also

Get yourself to Turners Cross and head east on the South Douglas Road for a few miles keeping a look out on your right for 'TRAWBEG' . Turn in there and go straight 'till you see the mighty black & green gates.
    If you have a smart phone Google Maps will talk you through this journey with a luvly American Accent. She might not pronounce 'Tráwbeg' properly....lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Cork had a great win against Monaghan. Colm O'Neill was supposed to be brilliant.
    Monaghan 1:16 Cork 2:14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Cork had a great win against Monaghan. Colm O'Neill was supposed to be brilliant.
    Monaghan 1:16 Cork 2:14

A great win for Cork!! In case anyone doesn't know, there is deferred coverage on TG4 right now with second half about to begin as I write this!

Cork Ladies beat Kerry Ladies 1-13 to 1-12 Also!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Scarecrow 2

A truly awesome brilliant result for Cork in Monaghan today.

Watching it on Tg4 its clear to see we have a serious team this year.

Delighted for Cubhert a true Cork gael that gets unwarranted abuse on here. He is clearly on the right path. Was reading Kerrigan yesterday he said that they went very defensive against Waterford for a reason and the result didn't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Lads, Colm O'Neill is something else. 3 ACL operations and still shredding defenders like he did today. Have the highest regard for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Great result today.

Performance was definitely average and you would hope management and players recrecognise this.

The decision making from our lads after Colms second goal till the final whistle was really poor.

This was epitomised by our goalkeeper's carry on in injury time...Sweet Jesus like that stuff is just unacceptable at any level. Should have cost us the win and also giving away the free and extra yards for the last kick.

Any ref is going to be dying to give a free in that situation to draw the game. It's just in their DNA. We should have more cop on.

Colm was immense and so was Cadogan. He looks the player he should be now the hurling is gone.

Lots of positives but if we want to be in the micx come summer time we need to fine tune the blanket and our decision making.

Too many times we allowed our full back line to be exposed 1v1 today and a better side then this average Monaghan team will expose this.

Still we've got the win and you have to be happy with that. Well done to the lads and management as both the work rate and attitude were outstanding again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Delighted for Cubhert a true Cork gael that gets unwarranted abuse on here. He is clearly on the right path. Was reading Kerrigan yesterday he said that they went very defensive against Waterford for a reason and the result didn't matter.

'Cuthbert gets Unwarrented abuse in here' - are you having a laugh? He gets abuse that is totally warranted based on his managerial reign!!! He wins 2 lge games and he's the messiah??? You have a very short and limited memory.

Great result today, didn't see it coming. Thought Monaghan at home would win but a fantastic Colm O'Neill scoring performance helped no end. Nice to see Cadogan get up and finish off a move - he looks very fit for this time of year .
    Plenty of good performances but clearly a lot to do also.

Not a fan of a keeper coming outside his 21 either but what was he doing at the end being on the opposing 40? He had a simple hand passing option to keep possession.

Outstanding win in vital two points and cork should be safe from relegated now
    Just watched it now, I had endure commentary paudie palmer but whiles he's nice fella hugely passionate gaa man, he's commentary very hard to keep up with as one second cork attacking next second there defending and he's imo behind the game flow

Thankfully I'll be up donegal next game

I'd still worry and doubt some tactically selections this set up management wise
    A key today was clear proof colm o driscoll while he works hard is limited and when given open goal didn't actually know what do and be taken off in end but o rourke who started by default as gould was injured means cork last two games have started with two stronger teams than originally named both games due to injury

O rourke had a brilliant game always linking and create play and he wouldn't started but gould injury
    Haa to start the next day as both days he's been started as a late sub for injured player but been outstanding

Full back line thank fully had cadogan back corner management deserves credit eventually putting him back there but as proved for monaghan goal Clancy was exposed for the goal, loughrey was better today credit due but not corner back

O Neill brilliance won game for cork and he proved give him or hurley ball rolling they will score
    Worry is rest forwards didn't score much from play bar o Neill

Kerrigan was very poor and like I said yesterday needs stay away from media interview as he's inconstant one day great next poor

Midfield was better today with Collins than gould but again this was an injury enforced change
    Collins won lot breaking ball but maguire was very good but against likes kerry mayo midfield he won't do and when Clerkin who I suprised didn't start came on monaghan started win minified

Cork still have same issues for me, midfield won't do in championship and full back line either bar one
    Yes huge win credit to all but cork are winning two games could easily lost so imo one these days could easily loose
    Moyne was huge loss to monaghan as I saud there brilliant organised team but limited in forwards and missed pretty score able free in the end

Halloron kick outs were good and he had fine game bar peter schiemel run up field late in the game which was a terrible call by him

Cadogan fine game, scored brilliant point
    Clancy made good blocks but imo turned easily and fault for the goal
    Loughrey loved physical intensity and like I said before very strong in tackle not exposed today one v one in a tight ptich but imo not an corner back

Dorman very good game helped by the familiar Clancy where play together at ucc beside him who thanks fully swapped with cadogan and imo brilliant game at centre back
    O driscoll everything I know this lad has he dies, brilliant defending awesome passing, great score

Maguire great game and physically stood up monaghan and he was everywhere but when faced kerry and Dublin and mayo will need a partner

Collins superb passing, link play, work ethic, better centre forward come defender

Donnacha brilliant game in controlling temp game from half forward aera and held ball up when needed
    O rourke was everywhere and involved I'm few scores
    O Neill two goals point from play shows talent he has but if he gets more ball is unmarkable

Hurley didn't get enough ball but worked hard and great to win ball

Subs

Sullivan dine well when brought on
    O driscoll got stuck in but him or bother are not good enough
    Kelly, Brian driscoll o rourke better than them

Good win and it proves the point when cork pick the right players there tough team to beat but worry is selection policy still with two corner backs full back, o rourke despite playing well not picked start where colm is almost likely start ahead him of the next day and I still worry bout midfield

What management do deserve credit for is putting cadogan to full back line and what's very significant cork when down by four unlike last year didn't fade away but came back again

Two vital wins but we were similar scenario last year winning games could easily lost so imo cork must learn from these games

Derry huge relegation worries now, and mayo will struggle also but cork have threw tough sway games in derry at home fight stay up won't loose easily

Donegal next a another step up in class
    They bear Dublin in possession stakes imo but couldn't score and they were teak tough in the tackle so at home after loss Dublin with cork next they will test cork again

Overall good days work but Halloran brilliance last week and o Neill this week individual brilliance is getting cork imo through in I have yer see complete team performance

That was some defence splitting pass by John Hayes to O Neill for the winning point. Hayes has more football savy in his big toe than Kerrrigan. Also Donnacha the King of Ballydesmond, take a bow young man. His inside pass to Cadogan for a vital point was top drawer. Maguire too deserves credit for taking the hits and setting up the 1st goal. This was a terrific (Tony Davis) win and perhaps we are learning how to play the modern game. Tom Fermoy saved us big time and should have walked but ref, what ref? 'Tis early days though but the signs are good and substitutions were made a bit late.

That was some defence splitting pass by John Hayes to O Neill for the winning point. Hayes has more football savy in his big toe than Kerrrigan. Also Donnacha the King of Ballydesmond, take a bow young man. His inside pass to Cadogan for a vital point was top drawer. Maguire too deserves credit for taking the hits and setting up the 1st goal. This was a terrific (Tony Davis) win and perhaps we are learning how to play the modern game. Tom Fermoy saved us big time and should have walked but ref, what ref? 'Tis early days though but the signs are good and substitutions were made a bit late.

Hayes like kerrigan has always had savage skill like I said many times
    That was never questioned out both
    Question is with both they are not consistent or reliability in big games
    He needs to do more than one pass justify selection
    I know your a fan fair enough but imo he will unfortunately come up short big games just like he done in past
    He's job I'd to score as cork have lot creative players if needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Ian Maguire really had a fine game...forgot to mention him in my post above.

TTM O Route did well alright in fairness to the lad. Looks worth his place...I'd have him as one of the two half forwards with Donnacha. Donnacha did control the pace of our attacks well and held the ball up superbly but there are times when he needs to release it quicker but it's a difficult balancing act for him in a new role.

The two lads inside look electric and if Hurley or O Neil get anybody 1v1 it's game over.

The two sweepers is what really needs to be ironed out. Collins is tailor made for one of these roles. For me one of the sweepers has to sit..I'd try Clon Tom Clancy in that role..he reads a game well and has good distribution but his main function is to sit and cut out attacks.

Shields and Cadagon with one other in the full back line.

Brian O Driscoll, Fermoy Clancy and Dorman in pole position to be half back line.

Dormans kickpassing was superb today...was obvious even on TV that lads in forwards know to make their run when he has the ball as he picks them out time and time again.

Midfield is a tough one...I honestly don't have a solution for that second spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Someone needs to tell O Halloran he's not Manuel Neuer. He left the twenty a few times in that game for no reason. It's grand being there as a last ditch option but his eagerness to leave his goal and play as a 15th outfield player is idiotic and quite selfish. Lets hope Cuthbert grills him for the last minute lunacy and it's gone by championship time.

You are like a dog with a bone TTM.....can't let it go......I knew you would rise for that bait.
    One of your favourites had a ball in space, no pressure from backs, in front of the posts, 20 yards out early in the match and couldn't kick it over the bar.
    Yes it's February, and it was early in the game, but any forward, even Colm O Driscoll would have put that one over.
    John Hayes would have buried it in the net of course.............lol

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭solwhit12

I defend Cuthbert here all the time but it's only the league there is still plenty of work to do but at least in these 2 games has shown that there is plenty to look forward to at least.cadogan outstanding once again.

You are like a dog with a bone TTM.....can't let it go......I knew you would rise for that bait.
    One of your favourites had a ball in space, no pressure from backs, in front of the posts, 20 yards out early in the match and couldn't kick it over the bar.
    Yes it's February, and it was early in the game, but any forward, even Colm O Driscoll would have put that one over.
    John Hayes would have buried it in the net of course.............lol

I'm not st all but you keep lording john Hayes despite eight Years big games not performing
    I'm not the ist ti critise him here and I doubt I'll be the last
    If you can give me really big games where he's performed please do
    I can give you many he didn't
    Simply fact McEoin is not on panel much better talent than Hayes
    Hayes does this all time he was flashy and spectacular v Dublin last year March but where was he big games

Colm o driscoll I take it you know was actually taken off, with twenty minutes to go
    Absolutely all star performance all right, hardly be fair
    What did colm score or indeed many championship games cork just two points

Cork with Collins Kelly o rourke and Brian driscoll if needed, doc and Hodnett much better

O rourke and Brian do he's role better

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Gary Neville

I'm not st all but you keep lording john Hayes despite eight Years big games not performing
    I'm not the ist ti critise him here and I doubt I'll be the last
    If you can give me really big games where he's performed please do
    I can give you many he didn't
    Simply fact McEoin is not on panel much better talent than Hayes
    Hayes does this all time he was flashy and spectacular v Dublin last year March but where was he big games

Colm o driscoll I take it you know was actually taken off, with twenty minutes to go
    Absolutely all star performance all right, hardly be fair
    What did colm score or indeed many championship games cork just two points

Cork with Collins Kelly o rourke and Brian driscoll if needed, doc and Hodnett much better

O rourke and Brian do he's role better

Well TTM - Ken was good with kick-outs and COD was only average - so take a bow son however, keep a hold of the hat for a bit, yet.

Great performance all round - some real leaders this year - Hurley, CON, Donncha, Collins, Cadogan, Shields.

2 Summers never made a Swallow but we are getting some decent tests and away to Donegal will be a dog fight. We've 3 weeks to prepare and I expect a good effort.

Ironic their goal resulted in Kerrigan dropping a shot short to their keeper and Paul Finlay did the same on our 2nd goal.

It would have been awful if McManus had got the equaliser - I never saw a ref move the ball forward so often - Cuthbert will be stamping that out.

• Advertisement

"A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still"............three guesses at who we are talking about...LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭zetecescort

are we playing cuter, more cynical football or can we not tackle properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

"A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still"............three guesses at who we are talking about...LOL

Yourself???
    Thats one guess

Its good that we are getting tough wins in the league but I dont think anyone is getting overexcited with regards the years prospects as a whole. We've won enough league titles to know they are no guarantee of success in championship. However a bad league is a great indicator for a bad championship so at least we are not having that discussion. Being four points down twice and coming back is a great sign of belief. And today management appears to have done alright. Hopefully they build on this.

Deco99 wrote: »
    Yourself???
    Thats one guess

Beat me to it !!

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Beat me to it !!

Thats two guesses so. Hopefully we're right cause there's only one guess left. ;-)

rebelomar wrote: »
    Ian Maguire really had a fine game...forgot to mention him in my post above.

TTM O Route did well alright in fairness to the lad. Looks worth his place...I'd have him as one of the two half forwards with Donnacha. Donnacha did control the pace of our attacks well and held the ball up superbly but there are times when he needs to release it quicker but it's a difficult balancing act for him in a new role.

The two lads inside look electric and if Hurley or O Neil get anybody 1v1 it's game over.

The two sweepers is what really needs to be ironed out. Collins is tailor made for one of these roles. For me one of the sweepers has to sit..I'd try Clon Tom Clancy in that role..he reads a game well and has good distribution but his main function is to sit and cut out attacks.

Shields and Cadagon with one other in the full back line.

Brian O Driscoll, Fermoy Clancy and Dorman in pole position to be half back line.

Dormans kickpassing was superb today...was obvious even on TV that lads in forwards know to make their run when he has the ball as he picks them out time and time again.

Midfield is a tough one...I honestly don't have a solution for that second spot

Ken certain starter imo championship
    Has to work areas but best we have

Cads shields galvin has be full back line

Half back line loughrey and Clancy half start
    Cork can't start crowley dorman Clancy or driscoll all three together in loughrey had provide experience and leadership

Clancy imo haa start

Dorman crowley other Clancy Brian o driscoll can all do a job

Drop Kevin o driscoll and hazel from panel
    O donoughge should said league games also as ideal physical game

Maguire haa to start midfield with o rourke imo best option out of limited options
    Ideally leary or dinnen
    Brian Driscoll Collins Kelly half forward line or donnacha

Inside line hurley colm o Neill, Goulding are all options

Cork have serious panel imo and I always believed that
    Just need coaching and two different systems and they could win all Ireland
    Colm o Neill if gets any ball will destroy teams
    If kerry had him he'd be unreal

Deco99 wrote: »
    Thats two guesses so. Hopefully we're right cause there's only one guess left. ;-)

Bottom of the class.....dunces
    Bet TTM gets it right...lol

What I liked a bit today was we seemed more cynical when we needed to be ....all the teams from the north , Kerry and Dublin have no problem with it so why should we ....Pat Flanagan seems to be making a difference the players look in great shape and are finishing very strong ....we still have loads to work on lots of mistakes but it looks like the whole setup is more united which is good to see we are top of the National Leauge table cant ask for more ...and its only right that all of us on hear who said things would be a disaster by now are so far wrong and hopefully we might yet have a season we crave ...well done to all today nobody gets anything easy up the north in the league ....but nobody is getting carried away either ....one other thing and its nothing new to the Cork football team no support when Cork scored today it was silence not even one clap .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

biggest thing about today is 2 wins secured out of 3 needed in a group setup very awkwardly for achieving results.in truth both games could have gone either way but those wins are a big help to a fragile set up.long ways to go but at least the wolves have abated for a little while.that ian Maguire looks a hulk of a man if he can get going

Cork can't start crowley dorman Clancy or driscoll all three together in loughrey had provide experience and leadership

Clancy imo haa start

Maguire haa to start midfield with o rourke imo best option out of limited options
    Ideally leary or dinnen

Ken is a nailed on starter - very encouraging to see Maguire make runs and Ken to put the ball right into his hands - obviously decent work bein done.

U are right - we need Shields, Cads and Galvin in FB line - Looks like we have to develop Clon Tom into no 6 - savage competition for the 2 other HB slots - agree we need Loughrey's experience - BOD looks fav to start but Dorman, Fermoy Tom & Crowley will all challenge.

Maguire and Goold at MF

Donncha, Collins, CON & Hurley will all start - I think Kerrigans pace makes him a must have player. After that it's impossible to call with 5 or 6 guys all challenging.

We will improve our defensive system a lot in this league but the improvement so far is very impressive - Monaghan under O Rourke are well drilled and we beat them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Just watched the game back there, 2-06 for colm O'Neil take him away and it's a comfortable monaghan victory, maguire looks like a class act in midfield his 40 second aproch play for the first goal was emence, kerrigan was terrible I have to agree with ttm here on this one Walsh and O'connor aside cork are struggling up front. I doubt they are many happy with the 1-16 conceed either,edit. Of course O'Neil aswell upfront is outstanding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Saw the clip going around of Ken venturing up field. Ye think that was something planned or practiced or just off the cuff by himself?

Just watched the game back there, 2-06 for colm O'Neil take him away and it's a comfortable monaghan victory, maguire looks like a class act in midfield his 40 second aproch play for the first goal was emence, kerrigan was terrible I have to agree with ttm here on this one Walsh and O'connor aside cork are struggling up front. I doubt they are many happy with the 1-16 conceed either

I'd agree individual brilliant got cork over line
    Kerrigan is living on past glories and like patrick horgan hurling not performing consistently and needs be told away that this monense talking the talk media is absolutely non endearing real cork fans when he's performance is poor field play

Gary to say he needs start over pace in sorry now but this is elite senior cork gaa

Pace is absolutely a flying chicken in the wind if attuide is mot matched Usan bolt pace doesn't just win him races it's winning dogmatic hunger raw selfish nature win

Hurricane fly the great great I mean really really great race horse won tight race last week not just pace but when needed greatest moment race he pricked he ears and showed real heart and Warrior win

Kerrigan pace is nothing if he won't be consistent warrior dogmatic fight tooth nail for every ball

Simply not good enough

Talent pace is nothing with out match day temperament

No excuses for Kerrigan in he's around long enough at this stage

Gary, I hope gould injury heals fast but it was blessing disguise he didn't start today as cork with Collins midfield not ideal but better than gould and o rourke actually started so injury normally weaken teams but poor selection from original team by management meant in this case due enforced changes cork actually stronger with the subs

One half back place imo up for grabs one midfield plus midfield cover in the subs and the dropping of four lads from panel for championship as not up to elite level but yes fine club players

I totally agree though defence as blanket is it not tight enough as conceding top much last two games half problem playing half back corner back

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

ShamoBuc wrote:
    ' He gets abuse that is totally warranted based on his managerial reign!!!

That's grand so. Verbally abuse the man to your hearts content.

• Advertisement

That's grand so. Verbally abuse the man to your hearts content.

Cuthbert is an intelligent guy and is fully aware that he got it tactically wrong last season and was too slow to learn lessons. The league gave Cork a false impression of where they were. Only for Mayo slacking off late on, last season, we would've got a severe trimming up there.

However, Cork now have a more effective system as we saw against a team that have far more work done in perfecting it.

It looks as if Cork Management have taken things on board and are prepared to learn. Lots of good lessons yesterday - u can't allow players like McManus space in 1 on 1 situations - he scored 0-1 from play but won 6 frees that he put over - 0-7 from one player is crazy.

We should learn even more against Donegal and Kerry.

Connorzee wrote: »
    Saw the clip going around of Ken venturing up field. Ye think that was something planned or practiced or just off the cuff by himself?

I'd say was impulsive
    That is one call I'd totally blame ken for no excuses
    Good managers would tell him not he's job do that and that's other players
    He done that again then yes you drop him

Kick outs you can't blame him

Ken won't do it again though
    Likes cadogan loughrey shields need to do Roy Keane role tell him not on also he's a keeper end of

Once spelled out I can't see ken who otherwise has fine game do it again

Cuthbert is an intelligent guy and is fully aware that he got it tactically wrong last season and was too slow to learn lessons. The league gave Cork a false impression of where they were. Only for Mayo slacking off late on, last season, we would've got a severe trimming up there.

However, Cork now have a more effective system as we saw against a team that have far more work done in perfecting it.

It looks as if Cork Management have taken things on board and are prepared to learn. Lots of good lessons yesterday - u can't allow players like McManus space in 1 on 1 situations - he scored 0-1 from play but won 6 frees that he put over - 0-7 from one player is crazy.

We should learn even more against Donegal and Kerry.
    We won't learn a thong of kerry I tell you now

Nothing absolutely nothing
    Kerry winning yesterday was disaster cork in yes we get two points v then at home but we must not take one bit from game as they got two vital points so they won't have near cork in their game as Dublin will bear them as kerry know Dublin only threat this year so kerry will be beaten by Dublin won't show full hand but it means come cork two out of six points

Thry can loose Dublin and cork still pick up two wins ekeswwhere like monaghan and Tyrone if needed
    If lost to derry thry would faces cork three defeats in so had to win not now though
    As mccstey saud Sunday sport kerry will choose wins want win cork imo isn't one those games

Sometimes i wonder could we just stop with this obsessing over Kerry what they will do or not do ....lets face it they got some unreal luck to win last years All-Ireland ...fair play to them we would like a big slice of luck this year as well ....no team win an All-Ireland without it.

We won't learn a thong of kerry I tell you now

Nothing absolutely nothing
    Kerry winning yesterday was disaster cork in yes we get two points v then at home but we must not take one bit from game as they got two vital points so they won't have near cork in their game as Dublin will bear them as kerry know Dublin only threat this year so kerry will be beaten by Dublin won't show full hand but it means come cork two out of six points

Thry can loose Dublin and cork still pick up two wins ekeswwhere like monaghan and Tyrone if needed
    If lost to derry thry would faces cork three defeats in so had to win not now though
    As mccstey saud Sunday sport kerry will choose wins want win cork imo isn't one those games

Kerry have a different attitude to the league this season - FitzM said that Mayo had way more work done but Kerry have upped it a lot since then - a challenge game v UCC last week - everyone available is back - Maher, Young etc apart from Stacks Players.

I'd say they won't show their hand to Dublin because as u say, they see Dublin as their biggest threat - I'd say they don't see us a real threat at all - their record in Killarney is unreal. They'll be missing Cooper and O Donoghue so they can't even show their full hand if they want to.

The game probably won't be much use to us but even if we win, we will still be massive under-dogs in Killarney. The biggest plus of the Kerry League Game is that it'll test us at MF - they'll have Maher, Walsh, Sheehan & Buckley - serious options for the kick-out. I can't see them looking to con us in this area but Kerry are Kerry so .....................

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭It makes sense

Clancy imo haa start

Ideally leary or dinnen

I really enjoyed watching cork yesterday again showed great tenacity and spirit to come back and win the game, a win I did not see coming hope it is not a false dawn.
    There was some fine displays with O'Neill the brightest followed closely by Cadogan, Rourke and maguire I also thought Collins linked up play really well.
    Midfield still a problem who to play with Maguire maybe Rouke who could pick up plenty of breaking ball, a good start hope the hurlers can match that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Not sure why there's always such a freak out when a goalie goes up the field. There's very little special about a GK in football, no reason a loose back can't cover back in dire circumstances. If the goalie can carry the ball 60 yards up the field into the opposition half what harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Cu Baire

keane2097 wrote: »
    Not sure why there's always such a freak out when a goalie goes up the field. There's very little special about a GK in football, no reason a loose back can't cover back in dire circumstances. If the goalie can carry the ball 60 yards up the field into the opposition half what harm.
    I agree 100% keane2097. The whining from the usual suspects is laughable, this is something that will happen more and more but it will take keepers time to master it. Morgan from Tyrone did it yesterday and also gave the ball away but it will soon be commonplace as it upsets the other team's defensive system. One of the defenders can man the goal line while the keeper is roaming as there are no keeper specific rules in football unlike soccer except for being allowed touch the ball on the ground in the small square.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Valid point but the question really is does a goalie actually add any extra value to outfield acting as a kind quatre back or point guard carrying ball out then Likes cadogan Kelly Collins loughrey carry the ball and imo answer is no cork have plenty other players used doing it unlike ken while risk are larger

Your actually not really creating numerical advantage also as when your taking lad from defence drop back to man the goals your also loosing that extra man advantage you think would gain as all your doing is simply swapping who's the goalie but crucially your now goalies is not specialist keeper

All imo that's been done is having different player as ball carrier which imo is wrong for goalies as sooner or later against top teams in championship turnover will occur with conceding goals

Putting any man square is not imo just falling back as goal keeper imo is all about agility and angles and reflexes and I'd rather have ken one best shot stopper around in goal any time then been left with loughrey or cadogan as my shot stopper

Fine change positional sense imo if you gain like rubgy creating mismatch where you have a powerful modern prop or forward out the wing in rubgy to take a lighter winger on

No mismatch with Ken going out field cork gain but it like any team will create more problem than gain from it
    Fourteen other men more carry ball out if needed than a keeper

I'd find hard believe that kerry would under cian o Neill or fitzmaurice entertain it
    Kerry actually benefited from paddy Cullen off he's line with mike Sheey brilliant chip thar crucial exposed weak Ness goalie off he's line

Slight different scenario but same concepts and I doubt the greatest ever I mean greatest football county ever have the naivety entertainment goalies waltzing up ptich when no advantage this as ken proved when ball was turnover

• Advertisement

According to the CB Website - Noel Galvin is back training so might feature v Donegal.

AFAIK - we have Deane, Kevin Crowley and Vaughan still out injured. Anyone know how these lads are doing ?

How is Sean White doing with UCC this season ?

Finbarr McCarthy was fairly certain that we should ahve got a penalty when COD was tackled in the square in the first half - I saw it on TG4 and it didn't look clear cut to me - anyone any views on that ?

You are heading to Ballyshannon in 3 weeks TTM ? At least that's down at the bottom of the county - it's a massive journey - will u drive up and down on the one day ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement