Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 15-10-2014 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads ,

So finally traded up to the PS4 and love playing it with the little free time that I actually have ha...

I had bought games for my PS3 from the PSN. Likes of ff7 etc.. Can these not be played on the PS4 ?? Seems a bit mad that they didn't transfer across when I signed in. .

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No support for PS1 , PS2 or PS3 games yet. We probably won't see PS3 support but I'm sure PS1 support is coming soon. PS2 support I'm not sure of.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Figure most of the support might be via PlayNow - but that is maybe a year out for us and I have no idea if purchases from PSN can be tied to Now - hopefully they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Sorry I am getting a bit confused. I don't have a cd or anything. I purchased a couple of games like FF7 from the PSN as digital copies for my PS3 and now I would like to play them. Are these now only available on my PS3 ( which I have sold ) and therefore gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Sorry I am getting a bit confused. I don't have a cd or anything. I purchased a couple of games like FF7 from the PSN as digital copies for my PS3 and now I would like to play them. Are these now only available on my PS3 ( which I have sold ) and therefore gone ?

They are tied to your account but you cannot currently pay them on the ps4.

What has people worried is ps now which is coming but in a netflix style model which doesn't really lend itself to ownership of independent games

So will I ever be able to play these games that I purchased on PSN ??

It seems strange that I cant - is there any plans etc surrounding this ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Well, you bought them for PS3 so they'll still work on PS3. They might add something down the line, but don't expect it to happen and, IMO, they're under no obligation to add anything like that. The purchases still work on the platform they were bought for initially so that's their obligations met

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

It's not really strange, it's a new system and it only supports PS4 games. The original 60GB version of PS3 supported backwards compatability, which is not possible now.

I've kept my PS3 for that exact reason, Play/NOW Tv will let you play older games, but you'll have to pay for them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You'll possibly have to pay for them...
    Some of the PS1 and PSP games I bought in the past are compatible with the vita and I still have access.

Whole reason though I still have my PS3 and I bought a 2nd hand PS2.

Thanks everyone for the information - much appreciated.

Advertisement