Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying and IPhone 6

• 15-10-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Quick question doing a bit of Traveling over the next few weeks and want to by myself and iPhone 6.

Just wondering if the helpful bordies could assist.

Im Traveling to

Holland
    UK
    Dubai
    And Australia

Was wondering where I would get the best value and would they work in Ireland.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Hi All,

Quick question doing a bit of Traveling over the next few weeks and want to by myself and iPhone 6.

Just wondering if the helpful bordies could assist.

Im Traveling to

Holland
    UK
    Dubai
    And Australia

Was wondering where I would get the best value and would they work in Ireland.

Thanks in Advance

Dubai is tax free is it not? I'd be saying there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Dubai is tax free is it not? I'd be saying there!

Thanks - Just reading there that Facetime does not work if you buy a phone in Dubai!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭squonk

How come? I'd be surprised there's any technical issue for Facetime not working on Dubai based phones. It might be down to marketing or legal requirements though. You will be setting up with an Irish based account won't you? Even if Apple prohibits FaceTime within Dubai I'd imagine it'll be grand once you're back here or in the UK or Holland or Oz. I'd be more concerned about 3G compatibility really and what standard Dubai uses.

Advertisement