Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Five New Arrivals!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

doubter wrote: »
    hahahaha...ah well..I've 25....:rolleyes:

How do you cope?! I have three and 5 Foster's at the minute and it's exhausting :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

Lol. I run a sanctuary. The house has 7 rooms ( I think could be 8), barn, stables and downhill stables.Plus about 43 acres of land. The only time I notice how many cats there are is if I open a can lol. And when they get their yearly check up..there's always one or 2 up in the barn and will not come down :mad:
    I actually have a list which i tick off. But I know them all, I can differentiate them by their miaow and the way they come for cuddles.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Lol. I run a sanctuary. The house has 7 rooms ( I think could be 8), barn, stables and downhill stables.Plus about 43 acres of land. The only time I notice how many cats there are is if I open a can lol. And when they get their yearly check up..there's always one or 2 up in the barn and will not come down :mad:
    I actually have a list which i tick off. But I know them all, I can differentiate them by their miaow and the way they come for cuddles.:D

Wow fair play to you. :)

Another stray wandered in last night :(

pregnant too?
    Keep separate from kittens...

• Advertisement

No it's a dog, a little boy. He looks like a cross between a JRT and a collie. Medium sized. Possibly a little bit of spaniel in him too. He just appeared in the garden. Took him a long time to come to me, he was very nervous (not helped by the fact that our own little napoleonic JRT had tried to chase him off) but he eventually came to me and I brought him into the house. He was wagging his tail in no time and taking treats from me. He knows how to sit and give the paw, and when I took a harness and lead and showed it to him, he was visibly excited. He has clearly been a pet at some stage. Hoping he strayed and that there is someone out there looking for him but I don't think so. Where we live is a real dumping hotspot for people who want to offload their animals. That's why we have so many. They just think ah sure fúck it we'll leave them off in the mountains and they'll survive :( Bástards. It's happened to us so many times, hence our house is like Noah's ark at this stage.

Dad is doing his nut that there is another animal so we set up a bed for him in the shed and gave him some food*. I went and sat with him for a while last night and he came over, put his two paws on my chest and licked my face. Then he sat looking up at me with these sad brown eyes :(

*heartmelt*

Dad wants to bring him to <snip> but I don't want him going there (personal experience with them) so I am frantically trying to find somewhere that could foster him while I try to re-home him.

He's so timid, he's even afraid of our quietest cat! :D

*on second reading, this comes across as elder abuse so can I point out that it was in fact the dog who slept in the shed, and not Dad :)

Found him a foster home! Actually the future mom of the big ginger truck :) She has a large garden and a housemate who loves dogs so I think he will be ok there. She just wants me to sort out a "starter pack" for him as she doesn't have anything prepared so I am going out to buy some stuff at lunch time. Obvioulsy bed, collar, lead and bowl. Anything else that I am not thinking of? I have an advocate single dose left so I might give that to him too? I'm so happy he is not going to a shelter!

Will take some photos and put up an ad in lost and found. I tried looking on Irish Animals lost and found section but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Found him a foster home! Actually the future mom of the big ginger truck :) She has a large garden and a housemate who loves dogs so I think he will be ok there. She just wants me to sort out a "starter pack" for him as she doesn't have anything prepared so I am going out to buy some stuff at lunch time. Obvioulsy bed, collar, lead and bowl. Anything else that I am not thinking of? I have an advocate single dose left so I might give that to him too? I'm so happy he is not going to a shelter!

Will take some photos and put up an ad in lost and found. I tried looking on Irish Animals lost and found section but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Try lors lost and found page on facebook.
    They are very good
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lors-lost-dogs-page/292528260783856?fref=ts#

Advocate is different for cats and dogs and it has to be administered by weight too so be mindful of that. and ehm..food? :D

Try lors lost and found page on facebook.
    They are very good
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lors-lost-dogs-page/292528260783856?fref=ts#

Advocate is different for cats and dogs and it has to be administered by weight too so be mindful of that. and ehm..food? :D

Yeah it's a dog one :) I got him these:

Bed
    Collar
    Flexi lead
    Food
    Treats
    Two bowls
    Toy
    Pooh bags and dispenser

Yeah it's a dog one :) I got him these:

Bed
    Collar
    Flexi lead
    Food
    Treats
    Two bowls
    Toy
    Pooh bags and dispenser

now thats a solid starter pack lol

• Advertisement

now thats a solid starter pack lol

I'm wondering if he might need a high vis vest if he is walking in the evening? She assures me this is just temporary, so I need to keep searching for a home! :(

...but maybe they will fall in love with him :)

I'm wondering if he might need a high vis vest if he is walking in the evening? She assures me this is just temporary, so I need to keep searching for a home! :(

...but maybe they will fall in love with him :)

put up a picture lol. and he shouldn't be off the lead-but a high vis west is probably a good idea

Here is the little guy all settled into his new foster home :)

First thing this morning I had a text from the foster family - they want him gone. He "keeps getting off the lead" - wtf is wrong with them? Anyway, will collect later on. But this has made my mind up on one thing - no way in hell are they getting that kitten! First sign of trouble and game over? Dont think they would make very good owners!

PEOPLE. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

PEOPLE. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:
    now she is throwing a tantrum, ffs. My only concern is the dog's wellbeing :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Poor doggy... So much for responsible owners... I'd put them in a kennel... :mad: :mad:

They'd be great with a pet rock...

New Home wrote: »
    Poor doggy... So much for responsible owners... I'd put them in a kennel... :mad: :mad:

Indeed. It's frustrating for me as I am not there to assess - is his collar loose? Does he need a harness?

I think her reaction to the dog - "take it away quick, it caused a minor disturbance to my life!" - says a lot about her as a potential owner? I'm worried now that she is not the right one for our little ginger truck? :(

a halti would probably help but - get him out of there. let her throw a tantrum.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

First thing this morning I had a text from the foster family - they want him gone. He "keeps getting off the lead" - wtf is wrong with them? Anyway, will collect later on. But this has made my mind up on one thing - no way in hell are they getting that kitten! First sign of trouble and game over? Dont think they would make very good owners!

My first thoughts exactly!
    Poor dog
    Unless, to give them the benefit of the doubt and they were taking him as a favour to you, and/or not dog-savvy people

I think non-dog-people often dont bond with an adult dog like they would a puppy (initially) which often results in this type of attitude :(

aonb wrote: »
    My first thoughts exactly!
    Poor dog
    Unless, to give them the benefit of the doubt and they were taking him as a favour to you, and/or not dog-savvy people

I think non-dog-people often dont bond with an adult dog like they would a puppy (initially) which often results in this type of attitude :(

Maybe, but I have this feeling they just want a cute, cuddly kitten as a toy and don't realise how much work is involved. They will be travelling for 3 weeks at Christmas and I said to her, "our friend runs a very small cattery, if you want I can book him in for you" and she said, "oh no our housemate will look after him, besides we don't have the money for boarding" - so what happens if there is an unexpected vet bill? Also, he will be ten weeks old when they leave him - a bit of food left down by the housemate is not going to cut it :(

Maybe, but I have this feeling they just want a cute, cuddly kitten as a toy and don't realise how much work is involved. They will be travelling for 3 weeks at Christmas and I said to her, "our friend runs a very small cattery, if you want I can book him in for you" and she said, "oh no our housemate will look after him, besides we don't have the money for boarding" - so what happens if there is an unexpected vet bill? Also, he will be ten weeks old when they leave him - a bit of food left down by the housemate is not going to cut it :(

Cancel the re homing. that is not acceptable. you don't bring in a kitten j and than feck off for 3 weeks. Kitty needs socializing.Kitty will also grow up.Money for neutering? vaccinations? uhm big no-no for me. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

rehoming your kittens will be traumatic enough (especially the ginger one :D) without having to worry if the new owners will take care of them properly. Maybe ginger has got a reprieve and you know now that his potential home is not ideal...

I was thinking of rehoming my found kitten Tux to a non-terrier home, but I couldnt bear to think of her not being loved and cared for properly, so will continue with the terrier-brain-washing and find a way around it if necessary. Gingers seem to be very popular, so hopefully you will find another more deserving family. Good luck

Well...our peace has ended. When we went to bed last night we had five little sleeping angels who had only just begun to lap kitten milk when coaxed to do so...

...when Dad woke this morning there had been a mass escape. Three little gremlins were swinging from the venetian blind and two were munching on mom's leftover lasagne mince :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, look on the bright side... they're well and truly weaned, now. :D

New Home wrote: »
    Well, look on the bright side... they're well and truly weaned, now. :D

Indeed :D Should I start them on kitten mousse?

I'm sure they prefer your mum's lasagna mince... Italian cuisine rather than French cuisine, if you will.

All except number 5 had their first munch on solid food at the weekend :) Though I am not too worried about her not eating solids yet as she is ploughing into the formula milk and showing some interest in the food (sniffing etc) but she is just so small and dinky and compact. I love her to bits. She's a real little girl. OH joked at the weekend she walks like she should have a little handbag lol. Definitely the smartest and the bravest. Rugby tackled a pouch of kitten food that I had placed on the ground, even though the upright pouch is bigger than her! :D

• Advertisement

GOTTA LOVE KITTENS LOL..VENETIAN BLINDS? DID YOU EXPECT THOSE TO SURVIVE? a craps...caps lock :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement