Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Apartment left to rent in Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ok, time to give it a rest. I think posters are going to have to agree to disagree here and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

I've lived in Rathgar and it's full of stuck up **** head's trying to run you over in their SUVs or kill you with withering looks because you obviously haven't wasted enough money on overpriced ****e. I've also lived in Tallaght and not once did anyone try to kill me with an SUV... nobody tried to mug me or break into my apartment whereas in Rathgar someone did try to mug me and my neighbours flat was broken in to.

The so called upper class areas and I'd include some of the middle class areas too in Dublin are full of odious stuck up status obsessed arseholes... of course, this is just my opinion but I pity anyone paying stupid rents to live beside these ****ing idiots because it's not worth the money you're wasting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

daUbiq wrote: »
    I've lived in Rathgar and it's full of stuck up **** head's trying to run you over in their SUVs or kill you with withering looks because you obviously haven't wasted enough money on overpriced ****e. I've also lived in Tallaght and not once did anyone try to kill me with an SUV... nobody tried to mug me or break into my apartment whereas in Rathgar someone did try to mug me and my neighbours flat was broken in to.

The so called upper class areas and I'd include some of the middle class areas too in Dublin are full of odious stuck up status obsessed arseholes... of course, this is just my opinion but I pity anyone paying stupid rents to live beside these ****ing idiots because it's not worth the money you're wasting.

I lived for 6 years on a relatively "posh" road in drumcondra...my GF had two cars stolen,the house was broken into several times and i dont think a neighbour on any part of the road bothered to even say hello to us in that time.

A friend of mine moved to clontarf a few years back and called into the neighbour to introduce himself...he was told that if he parked his car on the road again they would have it removed and that they didnt really like "outsiders" moving to the area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

chopper6 wrote: »
    I lived for 6 years on a relatively "posh" road in drumcondra...my GF had two cars stolen,the house was broken into several times and i dont think a neighbour on any part of the road bothered to even say hello to us in that time.

A friend of mine moved to clontarf a few years back and called into the neighbour to introduce himself...he was told that if he parked his car on the road again they would have it removed and that they didnt really like "outsiders" moving to the area.

North Side problems.

I've lived in D4 for a good few years and it really was a charmed existence. No hassle, no crime and surrounded by decent people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Lux23 wrote: »
    People were still building apartments in 2006/2007, this isn't the case anymore so stock is running out.

That's the excuse. I don't necessarily buy it.

• Advertisement

This is not going to get any better either - http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1023/654253-rent/

That is a looming crisis if I ever I heard of one.

Um no. If people buy they are not renting. Can't have it both ways. People are claiming that the mortgage rules will increase the number of renters and push prices up. You are claiming the opposite.

I think that more sales will reduce rental prices as the richer tenants move on.

On any measure this is disasterous. My company - a famous American company - wanted to send over an American mid level executive to an Ireland they know is near bankrupt. He looked into what he would be paying in taxes to cover the last bubble and in rent for his family to get a 3 bed room in a nice area for the new bubble. Declined.

So his team is over there not here. As long as landlords are ok though. That's the important thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Beaner1 wrote: »
    North Side problems.

I've lived in D4 for a good few years and it really was a charmed existence. No hassle, no crime and surrounded by decent people.

Renting?

Advertisement