Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farm safety grants

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Muckit wrote: »
    Are both of those bringing you up to the min spend?
    The 3 bring me up to just over the 2k, cattle and sheep scales and a leg hoist.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 williemakeit

Timmaay wrote: »
    Got to fully remove the 2 internal agitation points before I can do anything, doubtful if it's worth it now.

How much to remove internal agitation point? We got same letter stating it would have to be removed before continuing with grant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

The 3 bring me up to just over the 2k, cattle and sheep scales and a leg hoist.

Oh right. I took it that the scales was universal one ie for cattle and sheep.
    So you're getting two scales and a leg hoist. Got ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

How much to remove internal agitation point? We got same letter stating it would have to be removed before continuing with grant.

Don't know, I sent back a form stating I'd remove them before/if I seek payment (before Aug) it's my only option now. Any guesses to replace 2 14ft normal gauge slatts? I'm thinking at least a grand, probably more? I don't really want to though, it's a 5bay long tank, we rarely use the middle points but do on occasion when the dung is very thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Got approval letter today :D
    Parked until lambing is done...well might have to get the adoption unit but here's hopin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

ganmo wrote: »
    Got approval letter today :D
    Parked until lambing is done...well might have to get the adoption unit but here's hopin

Now ya have to go buy the stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Reggie. wrote: »
    Now ya have to go buy the stuff :D

Like a chap in a toy shop :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

That looks very safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

These are the job! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Very expensive for a screw type log splitter even if you considered buying one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Let the price of everything double!!!!
    Are we on the cusp of another farm building boom?
    http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/are-we-on-the-cusp-of-another-farm-building-boom/

I said wrote: »
    Let the price of everything double!!!!
    Are we on the cusp of another farm building boom?
    http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/are-we-on-the-cusp-of-another-farm-building-boom/

Ya might be better off building your own if ya could

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ya might be better off building your own if ya could

Will do that I'm fcuked if I'm putting a top hat on some other lad.
    Got shed built here to grant spec without the grant at half the price last time.

I said wrote: »
    Will do that I'm fcuked if I'm putting a top hat on some other lad.
    Got shed built here to grant spec without the grant at half the price last time.

Yeah the builders will reckon that the grants for them.

Once materials don't go up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭tripperman

We're looking at a new loose beaded or slatted shed for dry cows and heifers and possible new bulk milk tank , but if its going to be as bad a r*****g as the 2007 Grant I'll not bother with it for a shed, might look at it towards a milk tank and plate cooler tho

5 new schemes every farmer should know about
    http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/5-new-schemes-every-farmer-should-know-about/

Hopefully won't be bogged down with paperwork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Got approval to replace the slats in our current shed (slats are about 20yrs old) and put the agitation point outside. Wondered if anyone has done this, there seems to be only 3 approved suppliers in the country that I can purchase from and they only supply so I need to bring in a 3rd party to remove the old and fir the new.

Also, suppliers are saying the grant only covers 40% of total cost but I cant find this out anywhere, I assume that the amount in the approval letter was the full amount available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Got approval to replace the slats in our current shed (slats are about 20yrs old) and put the agitation point outside. Wondered if anyone has done this, there seems to be only 3 approved suppliers in the country that I can purchase from and they only supply so I need to bring in a 3rd party to remove the old and fir the new.

Also, suppliers are saying the grant only covers 40% of total cost but I cant find this out anywhere, I assume that the amount in the approval letter was the full amount available?
    There are loads of approved suppliers of slats that will remove and fit new ones. What part of the country are you in?
    On your approval letter it will say how much they are allowing the job to cost. Eg. If it says replace old slats €5000 they will pay a grant of 40% on that so €2000. Excluding vat.

• Advertisement

Cavanjack wrote: »
    There are loads of approved suppliers of slats that will remove and fit new ones. What part of the country are you in?
    On your approval letter it will say how much they are allowing the job to cost. Eg. If it says replace old slats €5000 they will pay a grant of 40% on that so €2000. Excluding vat.

Cheers Cavanjack, based in Galway. The approval letter probably needs more clarity; no mention in it of %'s at all. The approval letter also provides a list of approved suppliers for slats which only had 3. I was surprised so I rang them and to confirm and that was the only suppliers that I could use about 2 weeks ago.

So, just to confirm; Approved €400 for fitting 2 lights in the yard. If I get an invoice for 400 inc vat (350+vat), I can claim 40% of €350 so €140 back and cost to me is €260inc vat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Cheers Cavanjack, based in Galway. The approval letter probably needs more clarity; no mention in it of %'s at all. The approval letter also provides a list of approved suppliers for slats which only had 3. I was surprised so I rang them and to confirm and that was the only suppliers that I could use about 2 weeks ago.

So, just to confirm; Approved €400 for fitting 2 lights in the yard. If I get an invoice for 400 inc vat (350+vat), I can claim 40% of €350 so €140 back and cost to me is €260inc vat.
    If it costs you €350 + vat You will be able to add Your own labour at €9.50 an hour or something like that to the total cost to bring it up to €400 + the vat. You will then get 40% back on the 400 which is €160. The vat is reclaimable on slats and the lights as these are fixed items (VAT 58 Form).
    So the cost to You will be 350 - 160 = €190
    On the slats this is the approved list. I think it is added to as the companies get approval Accepted Concrete Slats List - May 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

what's the idea of raised platform, so as to hurt your back lifting the heavy logs that you need the log splitter to break in the first place, surely the platform needs to be at ground level and you can rasie the platform and or whole lot , by lift or other means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I applied for and got passed for this. It's 40% but is there anyway of getting 60% if 'young farmer'?

I'm still not sure if l will draw it down (applied for mobile crush/penning) as thinking l could stick up a fixed system and reclaim vat and may work out better. Thoughts and opinions please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

I applied for and got passed for this. It's 40% but is there anyway of getting 60% if 'young farmer'?

I'm still not sure if l will draw it down (applied for mobile crush/penning) as thinking l could stick up a fixed system and reclaim vat and may work out better. Thoughts and opinions please?

Why don't you put in a proper fixed crush and pen area under TAMS2, you'll get 60% plus VAT back. Mobile crush is a balls. I plan to do this as well as a shed. You're capped at 80K over the five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Someyolk

No joy on the 60%. Looked into it. You could just apply again on the tams2 as all the items that were in the safety grant scheme are in tams2 afaik.
    If a fixed crush suits better just don't complete it under the safety scheme and apply under tams2 as a fixed crush is included in this scheme I think. Plus you will get 60% if you qualify.
    Thought I would qualify for the 60% but read somewhere it's not for a young farmer with a joint herd number with old man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭trg

Hi, anyone any idea of contractors in Tipperary area who would do Safety Fencing for external slurry and effluent stores? Aside from FRS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Tomjim

will there be a grant available for a meal bin, I'm not a young farmer

Cavanjack wrote: »
    If it costs you €350 + vat You will be able to add Your own labour at €9.50 an hour or something like that to the total cost to bring it up to €400 + the vat. You will then get 40% back on the 400 which is €160. The vat is reclaimable on slats and the lights as these are fixed items (VAT 58 Form).
    So the cost to You will be 350 - 160 = €190
    On the slats this is the approved list. I think it is added to as the companies get approval Accepted Concrete Slats List - May 2015.

Cheers;
    For the reclaiming of the VAT; I'm getting qoutes on the slats for VAT at 13.5% and some of the lads who wont fit are charging 23%. Can the 23% also be claimed back ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Cheers;
    For the reclaiming of the VAT; I'm getting qoutes on the slats for VAT at 13.5% and some of the lads who wont fit are charging 23%. Can the 23% also be claimed back ?

Yes high rate of VAT can be reclaimed on structural materials.

My farm safety grant hit my account today, no inspection, yet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

How long ago did u hand in ur paper work

How long ago did u hand in ur paper work
    I dropped it in on the original closing date so a week before the actual closing date.

I dropped it in on the original closing date so a week before the actual closing date.
    Same as myself , I've heard nothing though . Hopefully shortly

Same as myself , I've heard nothing though . Hopefully shortly
    I only had cattle and sheep scales and a foot hoist and they were exactly the sums I put in for so it was just a tick the boxes job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I only had cattle and sheep scales and a foot hoist and they were exactly the sums I put in for so it was just a tick the boxes job.

same here, no inspection either

short about €70 on my calculations :(

I got quotations for the wiring and calving gates , so figures were the same , I might give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Lads
    What proof do I need for own use of machinery? Is a reciept of a diesel topup enough? ..when submitting receipts...the workers/builders were plugging in their power tools welders, angle grinders etc.. on and off for the last month into house can i also include electrical usage? Thanks

Advertisement