Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW8 Captain Poll

• 15-10-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

Have the armband on Welbeck currently and not really tempted to switch to Costa or Aguero (yet).

Who are you captaining? 191 votes

Diego Costa
    0%
    Cesc Fabregas
    47%
    SickBoyDempseythe whole year innAdMMMionapaulDadesrock whoreBulmersLemlinpeterswellmanRikandzarquonpatmacRoonboxronan.hmailburner[Deleted User]tom_kFutureGuyBeanmachine 91 votes
    Eden Hazard
    0%
    redarmy 1 vote
    Angel Di Maria
    1%
    jebus842_fri 2 votes
    Falcao
    12%
    TacTsmemonfranmanmonster1FitzerPGLaDOSWoollyRedHatInvinciblemcgoochCrash Bang WallInspector CoptoorjamesbondingsBrandon Fmosstinboccy23How Soon Is Nowcathmhaoil1shrewdnessJR6Ted_YNWA 24 votes
    Sergio Aguero
    4%
    james123banteekwestfan08SlipperyPeopleGetWithItMan With No NameEasy Rodlostsoul21 8 votes
    Danny Welbeck
    21%
    Dont be at yourselfgrowlerYeatsCountyNecronomiconDearg81jimmiiSantryRedbo-scoMr. Guappajkelly85Chesty08FlecktarnO-DeazyDunder MifflinIang87G1032muppet_2008mufcboy1999Iused2likebustsjive 42 votes
    Alexis Sanchez
    8%
    SkySterbofSteven81[Deleted User]conlofsekllyx43r0benny306MarkxCSFitsnotmyfaultTipsy McSwaggermunster87amber69RIALTO1The Wild BunchZiegler1988 17 votes
    Graziano Pelle
    0%
    Romelu Lukaku
    2%
    machiavellianmegormdubhgormstubaassetcolum 4 votes
    Raheem Sterling
    0%
    Hococop 1 vote
    Other
    0%
    Dietsquirt 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Alexis Sanchez
    Completely undecided (and this thread might help that) but at the moment I'm going with Welbeck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Danny Welbeck
    I'd say it will be aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Danny Welbeck
    the former son in law of maradona!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Cesc Fabregas
    I'm between Costa and Aguero. Currently leaning towards Costa - he played on Sunday and should be well rested. Aguero (although he didn't play) has to travel back from Hong Kong mid week. Not sure how much this travel will affect him, but it's probably something to consider.

Don't have the balls to captain Welbeck yet - he hasn't been consistent enough yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Cesc Fabregas
    Costa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

possibly falcao.......will be a long weekend if I do that .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cesc Fabregas
    Have it on Costa Coffee at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cesc Fabregas
    Think I'll play it safe and go Costa, tho tempted by Welbeck

Cesc Fabregas
    I've gambled last two gws and ended up with a combined total of 6 pts, after being doubled. I am done with chancing my arm, and will go with costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Tim Krul - peno save/6 saves/CS/3bpts

Make it happen Tim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Danny Welbeck
    In the past 3 seasons Aguero has faced Spurs 5 times. In those 5 games City scored 16 goals, Aguero scored 5 or maybe 6 of them (it was monday when i looked this up) including 4 in the last 3.

That's my captain for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Danny Welbeck
    Will probably go with Aguero in FPL and UFPL. If I had Sanchez or Welbeck would definitely consider them.

FHFC wrote: »
    In the past 3 seasons Aguero has faced Spurs 5 times. In those 5 games City scored 16 goals, Aguero scored 5 or maybe 6 of them (it was monday when i looked this up) including 4 in the last 3.

oh........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Alexis Sanchez
    Excellent, looks like a Welbz hat trick and Costa blank will shoot me up the rankings :pac:

If Man City v Spurs was on Sunday, I would probably captain Aguero. But a long flight back from Hong Kong and a Saturday lunchtime kickoff has me nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Sergio Aguero
    Fup. I'm the only one to go for Falcao. Might have to reconsider.

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Fup. I'm the only one to go for Falcao. Might have to reconsider.

I'm considering it.......but I'm also considering selling him for aguero :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Danny Welbeck

Was aware that he had crazy stats like this v Spurs. Had it on Aguero myself.

Just seen that the City v Spurs games is Saturday at 12:45 and it is well known(myth) that these games are quiet, dull boring games (particularly after Internationals). So for that reason ;

Baines is my captain. Clean Sheet, assist & guaranteed bonus :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Was aware that he had crazy stats like this v Spurs. Had it on Aguero myself.

Just seen that the City v Spurs games is Saturday at 12:45 and it is well known(myth) that these games are quiet, dull boring games (particularly after Internationals). So for that reason ;

Baines is my captain. Clean Sheet, assist & guaranteed bonus :)

My FSA League 1 opponent has brought him in so not having him terrifies me this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Danny Welbeck
    jebforever wrote: »
    My FSA League 1 opponent has brought him in so not having him terrifies me this weekend.

Just brought him in myself for Ivanovic :) Feel confident with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Danny Welbeck
    Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Alexis Sanchez
    welbeck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Danny Welbeck
    haven't decided between Aguero, Costa and Pellé yet. All three of positive and negatives

Last time there was an international break, all three of them scored the week after! Costa with 3 goals, Pellé 2 and Aguero 1. So it doesn't really help much :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Cesc Fabregas
    Costa or Pelle, depending on the mood.

Alexis Sanchez
    To be honest I can see myself following the thread on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

Going to gamble on Welbeck. Costa has to hit a wall at some stage and Palace away is a potential banana skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Danny Welbeck
    If I end up wildcarding and somehow end up bringing in Sanchez I'd be seriously tempted to throw the armband his direction.

Most likely it'll be on Aguero though once I bring him in with a transfer or the WC. That record against Spurs is something I've been aware of for a while now. It's almost akin to Suarez against Norwich. Bound to fail now though I'm sure :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Cesc Fabregas
    Costa hasn't let me down yet.

Playing it safe.

I'm coming 3rd in my league with about 28 points off the leader. So I reckon the rest of my team can make up the difference without making any rash decisions.

Danny Welbeck
    If I end up wildcarding and somehow end up bringing in Sanchez I'd be seriously tempted to throw the armband his direction.

Most likely it'll be on Aguero though once I bring him in with a transfer or the WC. That record against Spurs is something I've been aware of for a while now. It's almost akin to Suarez against Norwich. Bound to fail now though I'm sure :o

Sanchez had a game in south america on wednesday morning. I have toyed with the idea of bringing him in but there has to be a slight doubt of him starting due to this. Granted arsenal have a fair few injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Cesc Fabregas
    Going to play safe with Costa.

• Advertisement

Danny Welbeck
    Sanchez had a game in south america on wednesday morning. I have toyed with the idea of bringing him in but there has to be a slight doubt of him starting due to this. Granted arsenal have a fair few injuries.

Oh really? I had a quick google yesterday and only saw news reports from the weekend so assumed he only had the one game. Cheers for that heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Falcao
    Di Maria all the way.

Cesc Fabregas

I was contemplating Aguero but I'm doing fairly well (61k) and near the top of most of my leagues so I don't think I need to risk it.

Costa plays Palace away and is owned by 67% of managers, most of whom it appears from polls will be captaining him.

Aguero is owned by only 12.8% so just having him if he has a good week should make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Cesc Fabregas
    Costa is the obvious safe a priori choice.

That said I have to admit that FHFC stats re Aguero vs Spurs are tempting and give me the will to "misterprodstonise" it for once :D(yeah not that I want to twist the knife but after your last GW gamble/madness/balls of steel decision :pac:, I think by now you do deserve your own verb in the english language :D).

I may not be ready for it yet though...

Danny Welbeck
    Lemlin wrote: »
    I was contemplating Aguero but I'm doing fairly well (61k) and near the top of most of my leagues so I don't think I need to risk it.

Costa plays Palace away and is owned by 67% of managers, most of whom it appears from polls will be captaining him.

Aguero is owned by only 12.8% so just having him if he has a good week should make a difference.

Sitting at around 400k so it may be worth the risk in my case. The one thing that worries me is that it's the early game.

Cesc Fabregas
    Sitting at around 400k so it may be worth the risk in my case. The one thing that worries me is that it's the early game.

Slow and steady my friend. This time last year I was sitting at 600k or something. Now is not the time to panic.

Small gains each week are all you need to make. Then you'll have the odd bumper week where everything goes right that will really pull you up.

• Advertisement

Danny Welbeck
    Lemlin wrote: »

Danny Welbeck
    I don't see Aguero as a gamble though, perhaps that's fundamentally where I fall down in the game? I usually know that some of the things I've done historically were risky but I just don't see it with Aguero this week.

I'm not saying Costa wouldn't do well but I think Aguero is capable/likely to do just as well with the added potential for outdoing Costa

Cesc Fabregas
    I don't see Aguero as a gamble though, perhaps that's fundamentally where I fall down in the game? I usually know that some of the things I've done historically were risky but I just don't see it with Aguero this week.

I'm not saying Costa wouldn't do well but I think Aguero is capable/likely to do just as well with the added potential for outdoing Costa

The bold part made me :pac:.

No seriously. He's not a gamble. But he's coming back from an Asian Tour (Brazil in Beijing and Kong-Kong) and he plays the early game on Saturday. His ownership is fairly low (~13%).
    On the other hand, Costa played twice in Europe relatively close by (Slovakia & Luxembourg), he finally scored for La Roja (which probably was a huge relief for him), and is owned by about 67% of managers.
    FF-related captain polls (FFS, fiso forum, here) show a large majority of Costa captainers.

So, all this combined makes Aguero (C) a more riskier decision than Costa (C) ;).

Danny Welbeck
    iroced wrote: »

No seriously. He's not a gamble. But he went to play in Brasil and now is travelling back from Hong-Kong and he plays the early game on Saturday. His ownership is fairly low (~13%).
    On the other hand, Costa played twice in Europe relatively close by (Slovakia & Luxembourg), he finally scored for La Roja (which probably was a huge relief for him), and is owned by about 67% of managers.
    FF-related captain polls (FFS, tfpl, here) show a large majority of Costa captainers.

So, all this combined makes Aguero (C) a more riskier decision than Costa (C) ;).

You could also argue that Costa will now be playing 3 games in a week which is meant to be a sign of the Apocalypse :pac: While Aguero plays against Spurs at home in a relatively big game but has previous good memories/form of/in the fixture. He's a professional who is used to travelling and didn't even play in Hong Kong so effectively went on a little holiday :D

You make good points though to be fair

Cesc Fabregas
    You could also argue that Costa will now be playing 3 games in a week which is meant to be a sign of the Apocalypse :pac: While Aguero plays against Spurs at home in a relatively big game but has previous good memories/form of/in the fixture. He's a professional who is used to travelling and didn't even play in Hong Kong so effectively went on a little holiday :D

Aaaah will you stop ?! :pac:. I'm being misterprodstonised by the misterprodstoniser-in-chief :D.

To be honest the main thing that's putting me off the Argentine is the huuuuuuge ownership of Costa. For the 4 years I'm playing the game I don't think there was ever such a high ownership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Danny Welbeck
    Going with Costa. Don't have the balls for Aguero or Wellbeck

Danny Welbeck
    Aaaah will you stop ?! :pac:. I'm being misterprodstonised by the misterprodstoniser-in-chief :D.

To be honest the main thing that's putting me off the Argentine is the huuuuuuge ownership of Costa. For the 4 years I'm playing the game I don't think there was ever such a high ownership.

The ownership is the elephant in the room alright but that works both ways :)

Danny Welbeck
    I'm happy to pick who I feel is my best option this week and for me it's Aguero. I wouldn't pay too much heed to ownership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You make good points though to be fair

the bold part is very important. any doubts anyone has as to whether Aguero will play at the weekend after the international break are now pretty much gone.

it's very much 50/50 for me as to whether I go Costa or Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Poll needs more Tadic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Alexis Sanchez
    Golden Rule is never choose an Away captain

Alexis Sanchez
    Suarez last season says different. Granted Costa is not Suarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Cesc Fabregas
    Always captain Suarez Costa;)

Damnit CSF you bet me to it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Cesc Fabregas

Hmmmmmm I would argue that point had I time today.

Danny Welbeck

No seriously. He's not a gamble. But he went to play in Brasil and now is travelling back from Hong-Kong

He didn't go to Brazil. That match was in Beijing.

He sat on the bench lunchtime Tuesday gmt, I'd guess he'd have been home Wed night at the latest.

Think the travel thing is being overplayed a bit, but Pellegrinis comments tomorrow will be worth watching. Thankfully he's usually fairly forthcoming and if jet lag is an issue he'll probably refer to it.

As I said I'd be more worried about the early kick off curse than the travelling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement