Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well, that was a pretty nice moment we had, when we were finally getting a Flash movie. What a trashfire Miller is; their career's toast too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is it possible to do a Sonic/Plummer/Tig type replacement at this point?

Another delay incoming?

Now who would they replace him with? Grant Gustin seems obvious but probably want to keep it separate.

It would be bad if violence against women isn't cause for removal while sexual assault is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,126 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Miller is the main character, and even plays more than one version of The Flash going by the trailer. Editing him out for another actor would stick out more than Superman's moustache. Sonic was pure CGI anyway, Plummer wasn't the main character and Spacey's version was heavily prosthetics/makeup, and Tig's character was in Snyder's film and therefore that character was only in focus for about 18 frames of film anyway.

Then again, the release date is June 2023, and the film is likely a sunk cost at this stage. Maybe they will just recast and reshoot as many of the scenes as possible. Be creative with camera angles to avoid having to bring too many of the cast back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The other difference with All the Money in the World was it was, basically, a People Talking in Rooms movie. All the cast were happy to reshoot their scenes with Plummer 'cos it was a couple of weeks extra shoot and that was kinda it. A bit of extra work in the editing booth and all was done; indeed IIRC Ridley Scott treated it like a challenge: could they reshoot a huge chunk of the film and still make the release date?

Here, a recast would not only require weeks of reshoots (assuming the rest of the cast were available for them - and for some that'd involve wirework and other tedious aspects), but also having to re-do the hundreds of FX shots already in the can. Logistically it'd be leagues more complex than even the FX heavy Sonic.

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It is something the "bad boy" types would get away with before as it seems to come from being drunk or high. So likely just proceed as normal and maybe suggest Ezra goes to rehab or get some help and hope they keep their nose clean, so to speak, between now and the film's release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,126 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't know. I saw reports that Barry Keoghan was arrested a few days ago for being intoxicated, but I think he was mostly just drunk and being a bit loud. Miller's actions go beyond "bad boy". He's being incredibly abusive and violent, and honestly seems to need a serious mental health intervention if the reports of him having breakdowns while filming The Flash are true.

I can imagine the various marketing flunkies, hovering around the journalists during the PR junkets, are going to be shutting down anything resembling questions about Miller's behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Don't think they can replace Ezra at this point, even with last minute reshoots they'd need him to play ball. Mind you I'd say they filmed enough footage to give them an out in some ham fisted way.

They either knew what was coming or were incredibly lucky that they got Keaton involved and also Sasha Calle as Supergirl, as at least they can carry the marketing campaign (though I'd imagine Keaton would be fuming at having to do that).

What a disaster, I've generally liked Snyder's casting but this keeps radiating a pungent smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

How much would it matter if the star of a movie was pulled from all promotion?

As long as the movie gets good reviews, would the public care the star is not doing promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

• Advertisement

I'd not be thinking Miller's problems are going to sink the movie, but the last thing any studio or marketing team would ever want would it for its star to drag things down with negative publicity. Good reviews aren't a guarantee of a successful box office, and if all social media is doing is chattering about what latest thing Ezra Miller does, rather than talking up the movie? Well that ain't good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

were other members of the cast or crew of the film involved ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I never follow the promotion side of things but I think the star of a film not being present for the press tour would be all that the media talks about.

However, bad press can have a positive effect on box office - it can lead to more people being interested in seeing a film.

I would much prefer that a Flash movie series start out with an origin story that has him trying to get control of his speed. Save Flashpoint for a second or third film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,515 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Pardon my ignorance but what's the classic Batman line? "I'm Batman"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,930 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They quote the one they’re talking about at the start of the tweet;

”You wanna get nuts?! Let’s get nuts!”

https://youtu.be/NriOZ6ofj_Q

Seven batsuits for Keaton in this film.

Holy fashion statement Batman! 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How much more is going to come out about this guy

Whats the chances the Flash gets locked in the WB Vault never to see the light of day.

Or they Kevin Spacey him with another actor or just digitally replace him.

‘Flash’ Star Ezra Miller Faces More Legal Troubles

The cascade of legal troubles continued today for 29-year-old Flash star Ezra Miller as parents of an 18-year-old named Tokata Iron Eyes filed paperwork asking a judge to issue an order of protection against the actor on behalf of their child.

“Ezra uses violence, intimidation, threat of violence, fear, paranoia, delusions, and drugs to hold sway over a young adolescent Tokata,” says the filing, which was obtained by multiple outlets.

The 18-year-old’s parents allege the two met at Standing Rock Reservation in North Dakota when their child was just 12. The parents allege Miller gave Tokata alcohol and drugs, flew the child to London and to places such as Vermont, New York, California and Hawaii.

It was in Hawaii that Miller was arrested twice earlier this year, once for an altercation in a bar and another time for second-degree assault.

The Flash comes out in theaters on June 23, 2023. Miller also appeared in Warner Bros. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but is not linked to the franchise going forward.

A hearing has been set next month to address the parents’ filing.

Jesus Christ, it's one thing after another with this guy. Perhaps somewhere right now, some WB execs are wondering if they can just retrofit it completely as a Batman 89 sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Would it be that easy to digitally replace Miller as Coulson as suggesting?

Or would they really risk a backlash similar to what happened with Henry Cavill and his moustache?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Cavill's moustache hadn't assaulted anyone. Not that we know of, anyway.

Problem is, Cavill was a side character and didn't feature in the movie til about the last act or thereabouts. This movie is about The Flash; so from the start, inside and outside the costume Ezra Miller will be front and centre. Heck IIRC, there's a second Miller / Barry Allen going by the trailers. Can't see how replacing the lead of a film wouldn't be incredibly expensive, ballooning an already costly flick.

IIRC reshooting 80% of Solo was rumoured to leave the final film's budget at $350 million; you'd probably not be that far off replacing the lead and shooting all his scenes again.

Basically, IMO, this film is f*cked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

If the movie was due out over the summer, WB could have just gone ahead and released it. Try and get back some money.

Problem is this sh*t is taking too long to release. We've already seen trailers and it's not coming out until June 2023! Ha, Ezra will probably be in jail for some sh*t by then lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It's a nightmare.

I can see this being cut to a 90 minute or less disaster that would rival a non Spidey Sony release.

Further, this already was leaning into the hype of Keaton's Batman returning; wouldn't surprise me if promotions pivot completely into it being a Batman & Supergirl movie, with guest star Barry Allen.

Barbara Muschetti had said on her Instagram account recently that will be another trailer released for this movie very soon. It's said could be out during this year's San Diego Comic Con.

It was noted last week to that this movie has very positive test screenings among critics and fans at WB. WB are not going to release it via a streaming service only. They are still planning to release it in the cinemas next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If he is charged with grooming a child I very hightly doubt WB will be giving it a high profile cinema release.

If that's the case, there might be a small chance they won't release it at all.

• Advertisement

You'd imagine WB Legal are going absolutely crazy right now. Wonder will a tonne of investigators be hired to figure out how true the allegations are. Long way to the criminal courts and a good legal or corporate investigator could surface a lot of truth in things.

As you say, this movie could disappear but it'd be a helluva precedent, a high profile superhero movie never existing

Advertisement