Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

A shoe lace in the gear shifter....

• 15-10-2014 6:00pm

Nearly dropped the bike a while ago cause my lace got caught... I was lucky cause I could drive the foot or two out of it. Feels like a broken leg if ya can't move.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lovely way to drop the bike. Almost did similar when my trouser leg got caught in the footpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Yup, been there done that..... :) went on the bike in baseball boots with big floppy laces, one set caught the gear lever, the others went around the brake pedal...... You can see where this is going. :) ended up flat on my side in the middle of the road :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thats why you should always wear flip flops on a high powered boike loike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Nearly dropped the bike a while ago cause my lace got caught... I was lucky cause I could drive the foot or two out of it. Feels like a broken leg if ya can't move.

You mean you wernt wearing ATGATT.................:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

It's happened me twice. Scary stuff. You get that jolt in the stomach of "oh fook, it's gonna go" and then you feel like Superman when it doesn't :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,373 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Used to wear DM boots sometimes on the bike years ago. If you don't double knot the laces you should be able to pull the knot out if it gets caught. But I'd never ride now without proper boots with ankle protection etc.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Fit one of these, looks a bit strange but you can tuck your laces under it and stop them tangling.
    https://www.louis.de/en/artikel/gear-shift-pad/20200290?list=18967708

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Madness to not wear boots IMO.

I'm by no means an ATGATT man, but boots all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Ive never taken off with my disk-lock engaged either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Madness to not wear boots IMO.

I'm by no means an ATGATT man, but boots all the time.

Jaysus !! Jacks Teller would have a fit if he saw them :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

This happened to a mate of mine, normally he pulls into the gaff, side stand down, and dismounts. Like we all do. On this occasion, he receives a call at the precise moment he pulls in, and chats for a few mins, finishing the call gets off the bike, (side stand not down and forgotten about) he went down with the bike as he was walking away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Happened to me once, luckily only on the left side and I noticed it so was able to put the right foot down to disentangle it. Usually tuck the laces into my shoes when riding without boots but this time something obviously went amiss. Lucky that I noticed it before trying put the foot down!

Advertisement