Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor or Carphone Warehouse - who is responsible?

Options
  • 15-10-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

I recently signed up for Meteor mobile broadband through the Carphone Warehouse. I had a look at the current brochure and the sales agent helped me pick out a plan from it - 20GB a month for €20. They set it up for me over the phone to Meteor and I signed the contract - which didn't specify the monthly cost.

Once I created an account with My Meteor, I discovered I'm actually paying €25 a month. Meteor told me to phone their Direct Sales dept. Direct Sales told me to go back to the Carphone Warehouse. I will, but I want to be sure of my ground first. The max I want to spend monthly is the price they advised - €20 - and to put a sting in the tail, Meteor Direct Sales told me the current price for the 20GB plan is €18!

Thoughts? When it didn't specify the monthly cost on the contract and I was wrongly advised by CPW, surely I have a leg to stand on?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Heya, you should be able to cancel problem free within 14 days, as there's a coverage guarantee/cooling off period. And just in case you're didn't notice, there's a SIM only plan for 10.16 per month for the same 20Gb per month, and its a 30 rolling contract. Give it a whirl if you're in time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Sadly just over the 14 day right to cancel!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

CPW are who you need to sort this in my opinion, they (mis)sold you the contract. Do you still have the brochure?

Unfortunately not, it went out in the recycling! But it's still on their website thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Meteors prices dont include VAT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

The prices include VAT.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They are aimed at the consumer market, yes their prices do include VAT.

If the OP purchased a business package then it could easily be the case that VAT was not included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Do meteor even do business packages any longer? Has eMobile not taken the business side?

No, not a business package.

I'm calling in to them tomorrow, will report back.

Advertisement