Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best SQL/Oracle database courses?

Options
  • 15-10-2014 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭

Hi, my company has offered a few of us to do a course of our choice (I presume one that is not too expensive!). We're a software support company. So I deal with SQL Server Management Studio and Oracle 11g SQL Developer. I mainly do queries and installs. Would like to know about them in more detail - such as how to improve performance, improve my script writing, how to do more efficient installs etc. Majority of our clients are on SQL. Only a small few are on Oracle. (I find SQL easier and more user-friendly personally, not that this should affect my course choice).

So, what courses would you recommend for me?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'd go with MSSQL, as it's not as intense as the Oracle course, it's the most common I see nowadays. When you are proficient in MSSQL, then I would do the Oracle course as it's a good bit easier when you have an good understanding of relational databases

21/25

Advertisement