Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leap Card - where to top-up near Connolly?

• 15-10-2014 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

What news agents near Connolly top up leap cards. I couldn't find a list on google.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You can do it at any LUAS or Irish Rail ticket machine, including those at Connolly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Both in Connolly and on the Luas platform, aswell as Busarus Luas etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I won't be using a card, cash as my mam gave me €20 for it. I'd rather go to a newsagents tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Machines take cash. They're really easy to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

You can use cash at the machines. It's also very quick and you get a receipt.

You can top up at any Payzone outlet either so if you go on their website and look at Dublin 1 you should find something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You can use cash in the machines. What difference does it make if you do it there or in a newsagents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

allym wrote: »
    You can use cash at the machines. It's also very quick and you get a receipt.

Do you (get a receipt)? I occasionally topup at the machines in Dun Laoghaire, can remember ever getting a receipt nor being offered one.

My local (Payzone) convenience store always hands over a receipt showing the before and after balances when I topup there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

coylemj wrote: »
    Do you (get a receipt)? I occasionally topup at the machines in Dun Laoghaire, can remember ever getting a receipt nor being offered one.

Anytime I've topped up mine at a machine it prints out a receipt on a blank ticket saying how much you've topped up by. I've nearly always used a card to top up so I don't know if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

allym wrote: »
    Anytime I've topped up mine at a machine it prints out a receipt on a blank ticket saying how much you've topped up by. I've nearly always used a card to top up so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I only ever use cash to topup my Leap card at the ticket machines so maybe that's the difference. Could also be that I'm not expecting a receipt though IIRC a light flashes in the receptacle at the bottom of the machine (where it drops tickets and change) if there's something there that needs collecting - will keep an eye on it next time!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

You only get a reciept from ticket machiens when paying by card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ailbheg

If you really want to top it up in a shop, the Link shop opposite the bus exit of Busaras does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

What news agents near Connolly top up leap cards. I couldn't find a list on google.

Hi OP,

found this link on line. Gives you list of locations in city centre where you can top up

http://www.payzone.ie/paywithpayzone.jsp

Advertisement