Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange PS4 browser issue

Options
  • 16-10-2014 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, wondering if anyone has experienced this because I cannot find any information anywhere on it:

For the last number of weeks, any time I use the PS4 browser (to be specific, I am watching videos, not sure if it happens during standard browsing, but I assume it does) the browser pops up a cannot connect to the internet (WV-33921-8) error every minute or so despite being very obviously connected. It's getting very frequent and distracting now. If anyone have any ideas that could help, they would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Anyone have any inclination / has anyone exeprienced a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

I don't really use the PS4 browser, I've used it a couple or times and never had any problems. Are you connected to a DNS network? Maybe that might affect it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

I had my DNS changed for Netflix purposes, however, regardless of my DNS setting's, this error still appears. Resetting the PS4, network, information, nothing like that seems to have an effect. It essentially just says, "I can't access the internet" while it's clearly accessing the internet at a constant rate to buffer the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

brainiac wrote: »
    I had my DNS changed for Netflix purposes, however, regardless of my DNS setting's, this error still appears. Resetting the PS4, network, information, nothing like that seems to have an effect. It essentially just says, "I can't access the internet" while it's clearly accessing the internet at a constant rate to buffer the video.

I'm not sure then, I've never had any problems. Maybe you should ring sony and they might be able to troubleshoot the issue with you. Their number is 01 691 7379, I hope they resolve the issue for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

brainiac wrote: »
    Anyone have any inclination / has anyone exeprienced a similar issue?

the ps4 browser is pretty crap, specially when trying to play any sort of media and tends to die with a out of system memory error frequently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement