Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo Yoga 8 16GB Tablet €159.99 Argos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

shedweller wrote: »
    So it was you! I left it and said i'd go over monday. That'll learn me!!
    If its any benefit to anyone, theres a few up in argos cavan. I looked around and littlewoods has them for €180 as well which is still less than other shops.
    Sorree!
    I'll be passing through Athlone at the weekend if that's any good to anyone - I know they had 1 left when I looked Friday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

shedweller wrote: »
    I looked around and littlewoods has them for €180 as well which is still less than other shops.

Last time I checked they were still £99 on Amazon as someone else pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Would this be as good as Kindle, as i was thinking of buying it as a replacement for some one for Christmas. They would mainly use it for reading Books on, and Maybe Netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Have 2 reserved that I am picking up tomorrow just a bit worried about people saying the wifi not great on them. Really don't want to spend €199 on Galaxy tab 4. Delighted to read such good battery life .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

deisediva wrote: »
    Have 2 reserved that I am picking up tomorrow just a bit worried about people saying the wifi not great on them. Really don't want to spend €199 on Galaxy tab 4. Delighted to read such good battery life .

I don't find it bad at all and if you're in a good WiFi area it's fine. As I said in a previous post since turning off the optimisation setting it improved things hugely. Generally though I have absolutely no issues with WiFi. Overall I'm over the moon with it as a purchase and it's the best 'gadget' I've ever bought. The amount of use I get out of it is ridiculous which makes the amazing battery life all the more useful.

Thanks for that think I will just get them not going to get any decent tablet for the price the yoga is.
    Case in Argos is dear might try Amazon or ebay for cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Thanks for that think I will just get them not going to get any decent tablet for the price the yoga is.
    Case in Argos is dear might try Amazon or ebay for cases.
    I ordered one for €7 on ebay. Theres bluetooth keyboard ones too which are handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

After using mine even more it looks like the wifi is fine but it lowers its own power when the signal is strong which preserves battery but gives the impression that the signal is dropping. Signal bars drops but the speed doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

The wifi on mine is better than on my Samsung s4 fone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

I reserved the last 10inches yoga the 8 inches sold out but I have seen those sizes on brands and I would have prefer the 10 for movies videos browsing shopping etc.

but I'm hesitating I need a push.
    I never own a tablet will this be great all rounder for me. Was planning to get tab after xmas same as phone samsung.
    hope it be worth it.
    3 hours to go to make up my mind.
    pros and cons welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

ps for internet can I buy credit to get internet like with phone? No broadband at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Thanks guys, I got the last one in Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I reserved the last 10inches yoga the 8 inches sold out but I have seen those sizes on brands and I would have prefer the 10 for movies videos browsing shopping etc.

I never own a tablet will this be great all rounder for me. Was planning to get tab after xmas same as phone samsung.
    hope it be worth it.
    pros and cons welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

ps for internet can I buy credit to get internet like with phone? No broadband at home.
    I dont think its 3g * meaning you might not be able to put a sim card in, I could be wrong though but you should be able to tether your phone to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

hope it be worth it.
    pros and cons welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

the models in argos are WiFi only. They dont have a slot for a 3G sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

I think i saw one with 3g in it. It was a little more expensive but appeared the same so i looked into it a little more and that was why. I'll have another look to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Been reserving 1 since Sunday night with different e mail addys as I can't get one till Wednesday evening, not entirely fair to do it that way but had to he done, still 3 left in Clonmel store.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jasoncoylerd

checked the letterkenny store on sunday, sold out, checked the store in strabane on monday, 2 left but it wouldnt let me reserve one as i didnt have a northern ireland phone number so drove up monday evening after work SOLD OUT! checked other stores on the system there in the store, there is 3 argos stores in derry, one of the stores had one left so i was able to reserve it there and then and drove over to derry to get it last night and made it to the store about 8.50 so just got in in time before they closed! save me driving up again tonight after work! didnt get it out of the box yet, looking forward to it this evening hopefully

checked the letterkenny store on sunday, sold out, checked the store in strabane on monday, 2 left but it wouldnt let me reserve one as i didnt have a northern ireland phone number so drove up monday evening after work SOLD OUT! checked other stores on the system there in the store, there is 3 argos stores in derry, one of the stores had one left so i was able to reserve it there and then and drove over to derry to get it last night and made it to the store about 8.50 so just got in in time before they closed! save me driving up again tonight after work! didnt get it out of the box yet, looking forward to it this evening hopefully

you really wanted one then ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Saw people had mentioned the Yoga 10.1 HD+ on Amazon for a good price (£199) - just checked and the Yoga 2 on Amazon is eligible for a VAT back offer which seems to reduce the price to £199 also.

Tempted to get that!

Edit: Links added:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-YOGA-10-1-Tablet-Silver/dp/B00O636JFW - tablet
    https://lenovo-offers.com/winter-vatback - Lenovo tax back offer (link on Amazon page also)

edit edit:
    Scratch that - it seems that from my reading of the T&Cs RoI residents won't qualify for the vatback offer if they purchase from Amazon. But you can still purchase from lenovo.com and get vatback there (320 euro - 59 euro = 261 for the yoga 2 10.1 tablet).
    http://shop.lenovo.com/ie/en/tablets/lenovo/yoga/yoga-tablet-2-10/#tab-customize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

checked the letterkenny store on sunday, sold out, checked the store in strabane on monday, 2 left but it wouldnt let me reserve one as i didnt have a northern ireland phone number....

You can reserve with an email address only. I have done it many times. It is similar down south.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

quick question- does any owner of one of these know how to turn off the flashing notification light on the large round on/off switch.. also the vibration?
    TIA

Should I give this gift in advance of Xmas in case I need to return it? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Amazon.De have the Lenovo Yoga 10 HD+ 25,7 cm (10,1 Zoll) Tablet-PC (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, 1,6GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, FHD IPS Touchscreen, 18h Akklaufzeit, 8MP Cam, Android 4.3) silver for €199 (€215 delivered to Ireland)

Linky:http://www.amazon.de/Lenovo-Tablet-PC-Snapdragon-Touchscreen-Akklaufzeit/dp/B00JB3SAUO/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

Bit more expensive then the 8, but looks good. Review here from July: http://www.androidcentral.com/lenovo-yoga-tab-10-hd-review

Share as its own Bargain Alert if you think its worthy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Not sure if you mean if the recipient just doesn't like it?
    This type of item is excluded from the 30 day exchange...
    As per the items description:

Please note that this product is excluded from our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. This does not affect your statutory rights.

(If it is defective Argos are great)

I got 2 for Xmas presents they are for the man in red for kids. Not opening as they will question so asked in store and girl said that's not problem will be no problem exchanging if faulty or not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sburn

Paddy_man wrote: »
    Amazon.De have the Lenovo Yoga 10 HD+ 25,7 cm (10,1 Zoll) Tablet-PC (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, 1,6GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, FHD IPS Touchscreen, 18h Akklaufzeit, 8MP Cam, Android 4.3) silver for €199 (€215 delivered to Ireland)
    ]

Bit more expensive then the 8, but looks good. Review here from July: ]

Ah knew this would happen, ordered from Amazon UK at the weekend for €260 ans thought that was a good price, due to be delivered today or tomorrow , don't suppose there's anything I can do now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

is the €10 voucher deal still on? can't see it on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sburn

Thanks Paddy_man, contacted amazon and they advised me to refuse the delivery on my original order and I'd be refunded in a few days and to go ahead and buy the cheaper one on Amazon Germany, saved me €45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Linky:http://www.amazon.de/Lenovo-Tablet-PC-Snapdragon-Touchscreen-Akklaufzeit/dp/B00JB3SAUO/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

Bit more expensive then the 8, but looks good. Review here from July: http://www.androidcentral.com/lenovo-yoga-tab-10-hd-review

This is what I was looking at along with the keyboard cover.
    What is the drawback of ordering from Germany, I imagine it means the charger will not work in Irish sockets but I assume it will charge using another mini USB so should be fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dodonovan

Thanks Paddy_man! Ordered one this morning after seeing your post.

Good screen resolution, battery life, and 2GB of RAM were the features that sold it to me.

For anyone else who might be interested, it looks like that deal is due to expire tonight

Your Welcome Guys.. This one of their Daily Deals, so will expire at 11pm tonight.

Only drawback is the charger, but you can get the adapters for a couple of Euros, so no problems there...

I'm torn between getting this now and waiting for Black Friday to see what pops up....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Paddy_man
    At work, so no Chrome browser to translate.
    Is that a Yoga 2 model?
    Yoga 1st generation is in PCworld for €220
    So, I'd buy here, for the sake of a fiver, if they're the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Paddy_man
    At work, so no Chrome browser to translate.
    Is that a Yoga 2 model?
    Yoga 1st generation is in PCworld for €220
    So, I'd buy here, for the sake of a fiver, if they're the same.

It's the second generation one hence the HD+ model. World of difference between the two especially in the screen resolution. Absolutely cracking price for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Is this the same, 220 in PCWorld:

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/lenovo-yoga-101andrdquo-tablet-andndash-16-gb/316619/2.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

mal1 wrote: »

You might want to look at the two posts previous to yours :pac:

mal1 wrote: »

Its definitely not the version in pcworld, upgraded processor and 2GB Ram on the amazon one. The more I think about it, the more likely I am to buy.. Definately better than PC world and for the 18hrs battery, worth the punt if ur in the market for a cheap 10" Quality tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jdriver

With the yoga 8 all but gone from argos, how does the A8 compare?
    Its €159 in Argos at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

How do I get the german website amazon to translate into English.
    For yoga 2 10.1 HD+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

google translate?

How do I get the german website amazon to translate into English.
    For yoga 2 10.1 HD+

Use Google chrome and it will ask if u want to translate the page.. The offer was for 1 day only though, not sure what the price is today though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Pcworld in Manon point have the Lenovo 10 yoga 2 16gb 2gb ram for the same price as the Lenovo 10 219.99. Side by side same price. Asked to check if there was a mistake , system confirmed. None in stock but bought the yoga 2 for delivery next week. Its not kitekat - lenova yogas will be in stock before Christmas with kitekat apparently .
    Strange to have them same price, website has them far more expensive but not in shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Anyone know what time argos refresh their available units with new stock and uncollected reserved units?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Pcworld in Manon point have the Lenovo 10 yoga 2 16gb 2gb ram for the same price as the Lenovo 10 219.99. Side by side same price. Asked to check if there was a mistake , system confirmed. None in stock but bought the yoga 2 for delivery next week. Its not kitekat - lenova yogas will be in stock before Christmas with kitekat apparently .
    Strange to have them same price, website has them far more expensive but not in shop.

If the tablet you bought has Jellybean then it may not be the Yoga 2 10" but most likely is the older model because all the models of both 8" and 10" on the lenovo site ship with Kitkat

Be prepared to be told it was a mistake but they will knock a tenner off the real price and give it to you for €309

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

foggy_lad wrote: »
    If the tablet you bought has Jellybean then it may not be the Yoga 2 10" but most likely is the older model because all the models of both 8" and 10" on the lenovo site ship with Kitkat

Be prepared to be told it was a mistake but they will knock a tenner off the real price and give it to you for €309

Was thinking that myself. It had jellybean but was 2gb whereas the other lenova had 1gb and was the same price. Went in to buy the 1gb one so won't be too disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MostlyLurks

They restocked Liffey Valley with this and got it this morning. Cant vouch for what its like as it is a present but 20 euro vouchers back. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

They restocked Liffey Valley with this and got it this morning. Cant vouch for what its like as it is a present but 20 euro vouchers back. :)

How come €20 thought it was €10 for €100 spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

I have an argos reservation for Sligo if someone wants it, though I could have it collected but the person in Sligo is on holiday. Yoga @ €139.99

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MostlyLurks

wilser wrote: »
    How come €20 thought it was €10 for €100 spend?

Yeah she said 10 for the 100 spent, and then "and another 10, there must be some other promotion or something" I thought I might be better not questioning it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

There's about 10 people reserving these over and over again throughout the country get up early and wait wait for their reservation to expire, annoying that people can do this.

Told my sister to do this and she got one yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Etnies wrote: »
    There's about 10 people reserving these over and over again throughout the country get up early and wait wait for their reservation to expire, annoying that people can do this.

Just to be clear I am not one of the 10, I ordered once, couldn't collect it and offered it to the BA community. Sorry for adding to your annoyances Etnies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Got an email today saying €20 voucher on spends of over €100 on tablets and iPads.

Advertisement