Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo Yoga 8 16GB Tablet €159.99 Argos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

When you get the €20 vouchers from Argos in these deals, can they be used right away on what you are buying?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

When you get the €20 vouchers from Argos in these deals, can they be used right away on what you are buying?
    they can be used to buy something else straight away but can't be used against the cost of the tablet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

So the 139 and voucher is gone yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Anyone get cover/case that they would recommend and link for the yoga 8 have 2 of them I got for xmas pressies and need cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

deisediva wrote: »
    Anyone get cover/case that they would recommend and link for the yoga 8 have 2 of them I got for xmas pressies and need cases.

got this from amazon fits perfectly

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J75OSY8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

First time to use the tablet for video today. only used it for just under an hour and it only dropped 7% in that time. :eek: thats pretty good going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Has anyone loaded XBMC onto one of these and if so how does it work?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

lolosaur wrote: »
    So the 139 and voucher is gone yeah?

Right I've changed the title to 159.99 and removed 'voucher', if there's any change in this, someone please let us know using report or PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

What's the best way to connect these to a TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

What's the best way to connect these to a TV?

Chromecast

Got 2 of these at reduced price screen is great compared to the Galaxy tab 2's they had and am very impressed with the battery life.
    Only set up when kids opened them and they were so easy 2 happy kids here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

On side note, got linx 8" tablet and its mighty, highly recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Chromecast

And probably the only way!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Well impressed by this after opening it yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone find a cover/case for this?

Got the cover in argos when alert was first put up. Bit of a ripoff but used vouchers. Saying that I like the case

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

Currently showing in Ireland for €254, but in the UK £129.99! Is it possible to order from Argos UK through Parcel Motel?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

MikeOis wrote: »
    Currently showing in Ireland for €254, but in the UK £129.99! Is it possible to order from Argos UK through Parcel Motel?

Maybe you are looking at the yoga 2?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This guy is back to €129.99 with low stock availability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

slave1 wrote: »
    This guy is back to €129.99 with low stock availability

Loads in Monaghan for some weird reason.

Have to say got 2 for kids for xmas and they are well worth the money they are so much better than the Galaxy tab 2's that they had. Battery life is amazing on them just need to pick up 2 cases now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yeah, picked some up too, the battery life is staggering. I picked up cases on ebay...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭bigron2109

None left anywhere else in Ireland apart from Monaghan. Was hoping to pick one up .

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

Anyone else having a problem with this tablet - the wifi needs to be turned off and on again every time the unit is switched on for the wifi to work??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Short answer, No. Everything fine!

Short answer, No. Everything fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

rochestown wrote: »
    Anyone else having a problem with this tablet - the wifi needs to be turned off and on again every time the unit is switched on for the wifi to work??

Is the software up to date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Great tablet.

Got one for my boyfriend.

Funny swapping presents as he also got me a Lenovo!

But an S8! :-)

Do standard 8inch cases fit all tablets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

I recently changed from an Android to Windows phone. I'm quite enjoying the different interface, and was considering getting a Windows tablet, but am giving SERIOUS consideration to this, on the basis of what seems to be amazing battery life. I think anything over 10 hours would be amazing.

Owners/users: is this really a 10+ hours device?

• Advertisement

I recently changed from an Android to Windows phone. I'm quite enjoying the different interface, and was considering getting a Windows tablet, but am giving SERIOUS consideration to this, on the basis of what seems to be amazing battery life. I think anything over 10 hours would be amazing.

Owners/users: is this really a 10+ hours device?
    yes easily. 20th of dec spent in dublin airport with a toddler. stuck on around 2 hours while sitting around on the busiest day of the year for the airport and an 8 hr 30 min flight to chicago, which he slept through most of it, i managed to watch my movies. was still over 22%. that is watching over 10 hours using mxplayer and the movies and shows saved to the actual tablet, not a micro sd card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Loads in Monaghan for some weird reason.

Anything i've wanted in short supply - MONAGHAN fecking has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭shovel

We had a problem with the tablet only booting up to the lenovo name showing on screen.
    Did a hard reset, to no avail.
    Contacted lenovo, who arranged a courier to pick it up and will send it back to me -great service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Are these likely to be back in stock?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Is the software up to date?

Yes and it would seem that the sd card is now suck in the slot - it wont pop out... think i have a dud... ill be on to them on Monday...

rochestown wrote: »
    Yes and it would seem that the sd card is now suck in the slot - it wont pop out... think i have a dud... ill be on to them on Monday...
    use the sd card slot filler that came with the tablet to press the sd card in thus releasing it.
    or use another mirco sd card to push it out.

daytob wrote: »
    use the sd card slot filler that came with the tablet to press the sd card in thus releasing it.
    or use another mirco sd card to push it out.

Did try that ... no joy ... its well stuck! DPD Coming today to collect and have been advised from Lenovo that it will take 3-4 weeks to get it repaired/replaced!!!

The last time i buy a Lenovo product...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's honestly quite a shame as Lenovo's usually got a very solid reputation for build quality reliability. I hope you get fixed up quick.

Gave one to my brother, he was glued to it from the off as soon as he opened it and hasn't reported any stress at all.

Anyone have problems with screen? One of ours has all lines down screen when turned on can still see screen but all small white lines whole way across screen which is annoying to look at.
    Does Argos take returns on these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

deisediva wrote:
    Anyone have problems with screen? One of ours has all lines down screen when turned on can still see screen but all small white lines whole way across screen which is annoying to look at. Does Argos take returns on these?

just bring it in with proof of purchase they will replace or refund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Anyone notice a deterioration in the time it takes to charge?
    It usually charged fully overnight.
    Now it takes about 2 days.
    This appears to coincide with the latest software update.

tadgh wrote: »
    Anyone notice a deterioration in the time it takes to charge?
    It usually charged fully overnight.
    Now it takes about 2 days.
    This appears to coincide with the latest software update.
    When was the latest softwarwe update on yours? was thet not before the christmas for the WiFi issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

Only problem I have is if I turn it off for a while then back on it doesn't detect my wifi automatically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

Audio seems to be gone on our one, anyone having the same issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

foggy_lad wrote: »
    When was the latest softwarwe update on yours? was thet not before the christmas for the WiFi issue?

The latest Software on mine is: B6000_A442_001_021_140703
    I downloaded and installed this software manually just before I noticed the deterioration in charging time.
    Don't know if there is any connection between the two.

• Advertisement

smilerf wrote: »
    Only problem I have is if I turn it off for a while then back on it doesn't detect my wifi automatically

In the advanced section of wlan settings turn off wlan optimization. This seems to sort most problems that people have with the device related to wifi.

Having no problems with mine since I got it.

tadgh wrote: »
    The latest Software on mine is: B6000_A442_001_021_140703
    I downloaded and installed this software manually just before I noticed the deterioration in charging time.
    Don't know if there is any connection between the two.
    check for newer software. Go to settings => about tablet => system update. There might be a later update available. Also try using a different USB cable.

Went to Argos with it no luck offered to send it to UK will take 6-8 weeks for repair. Said its outside 30 days so repair not replace and then said anyway we have none in stock.
    I have one reserved asked for manager none available so going back later when there.

Have I any chance of replacement? Or wasting my time trying again.

deisediva wrote: »
    Went to Argos with it no luck offered to send it to UK will take 6-8 weeks for repair. Said its outside 30 days so repair not replace and then said anyway we have none in stock.
    I have one reserved asked for manager none available so going back later when there.

Have I any chance of replacement? Or wasting my time trying again.

Contact them directly yourself. Read back on the previous page, someone had a problem and this is what happened after they contacted them.
    shovel wrote: »
    We had a problem with the tablet only booting up to the lenovo name showing on screen.
    Did a hard reset, to no avail.
    Contacted lenovo, who arranged a courier to pick it up and will send it back to me -great service

Yes saw that very hard to tell a child the main Santa gift has to be sent off for possibly 6 weeks tho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement