Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo Yoga 8 16GB Tablet €159.99 Argos

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

deisediva wrote: »
    Yes saw that very hard to tell a child the main Santa gift has to be sent off for possibly 6 weeks tho.

The screens are very sensitive, I dropped mine a short distance onto carpet and got artifacts oN screen till I rebooted, giving it to a child it's probably been bashed around, if you it replaced or repaired I wouldn't be suprised if you had the same issue again after a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Ah she is almost 10 and only used when next to me on couch. Seems something wrong wit pixels on screen.
    Had a galaxy tab 2 yes with no issues so it has def not been dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

tadgh wrote: »
    Anyone notice a deterioration in the time it takes to charge?
    It usually charged fully overnight.
    Now it takes about 2 days.
    This appears to coincide with the latest software update.

I found this as well, but I think it's to do with how the device reacts to being plugged in.

Try this:
    Settings -> Storage
    Hit the 3 dots on the top right of the screen and select "USB computer connection"

In here select "Charge only"

I changed mine and it really helped charging time.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭unreg999

I LOVE mine, had it since November... no problems at all but the only thing I don't like is the light on the button at the side that flashes with notifications & stays on when charging. .. wish I could find a way to turn that off! !

annnnnnd its broke.. fell a small height and wont switch on or enter recovery mode.. really really shouldnt brake that easy

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Very unlucky of you as I have dropped mine from a good height and it has been fine. Know a few friends that have dropped it too and was fine.

Very very surprised a small height drop would break it

Argos made out ours was dropped it wasn't and said they would send off. Contacted Lenovo myself they sent letter with details of how to send back arrived yesterday so will post on Monday.
    Hope they will fix or replace.

I'm gonna contact Lenovo myself Monday see what they say. I think I might have just got a dodgy unit, bought 3 1 each for my niece and nephew of 7 and 10 which I'm sure have been dropped at some stage and are still going fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

I'm getting severe battery drain on this now. Going down 10% in 20 mins without being used

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

smilerf wrote: »
    I'm getting severe battery drain on this now. Going down 10% in 20 mins without being used

It is time to re-flash the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

s982102 wrote: »
    It is time to re-flash the system.
    No nothing about flashing or do you mean a factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

smilerf wrote: »
    No nothing about flashing or do you mean a factory reset?

Try that. I am certain that will do the job. But backup everything that is important before proceeding!!!!!!!!!

Mine went back to them about 2 weeks ago and they sent DPD labels rang dpd and collected no problems at all, still waiting on it to come back wondering if anyone sent one off how long did it take ?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭shovel

ours froze and was sent back.
    took nearly 3 weeks to be returned

Advertisement