Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebay survivalist gear

• 16-10-2014 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

Just wondering do any of ye get stuff from ebay?
    i bought a few different items last week and am awaiting delivery.
    the stuff i got wasn't anything major, just a few niggly handy bits like a flint scraper, different multitools etc
    im not expecting much, but for the small prices, they can be handy for bob's and car boots etc
    so am i the only one buying on the cheap from ebay??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

There's loads of handy survival stuff on ebay and I buy it because I often want quantity. An example would be fire steels. I have two good ones I use all the time but I also put one in with each BOB in the car kits and in every stove I have so the €1 or less ones from china do for that role, that would be about 10 fire steels and €7 for cheap ones that do the job is OK €70 or more wouldn't be. Another example would be mini compasses no point putting a €20-€40 silva compass in a BOB and never using it when you can get something cheap on ebay. I always have a good quality item for everyday use which would probably still be with me in a SHTF situation so I use the cheap stuff for a backup.

You just have to use some common sense with eBay stuff and get a feeling for what might be useful and what might be total tat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

That's where im on the lines of buying cheap.
    somewhere that its acceptable to use cheap stuff.if a situation arose, can a cheap piece of kit do the job.
    if not, feck it fork out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

I buy most things from eBay cheap and expensive never had any major issues on anything

Advertisement