Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get an Internship in Dublin Recording Studio

• 16-10-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there.

I am a musician based in Dublin city and I am looking to get in to a studio as an Intern as I hope to study music production in the future.
    I am 32 and I have experience in recording, administration and marketing and would be willing to take on a roll through Jobridge/Internship.

In that roll I would be willing to work alongside producers and engineers. I would look after administration and social media along with any other jobs around the studio.

I have a huge passion for music and I am an easy going chap.

If you happen to own or work in a recording studio in Dublin, please do not hesitate in getting in touch and I will communicate with you via email/phone at that point.

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

good luck, with about 1 job coming free every blue moon, and over 300 hundred industry graduates coming from the recording colleges every year, you're going to need it.

your best bet is to get the studio listings and send in CVs. but ill be honest, we run a very small studio and i get inundated with emails about internships. far too many to read to be honest. i would imagine its worse for bigger set ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cass1

Thanks for the feedback mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Cass ,

I'd suggest your age/maturity will be an advantage !

I often see post on 'producer' forums relating tales of emails from kids explaining how the music universe needs them..... Which just p]sses everyone off.

Your tone and content is perfect for anyone who would need help.

However a call around to studios or better still and introduction by someone in the biz would probably get better results than a post here .

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭guitarrrszz

v hard to get them as many intern position are filled by past students as alot of studios have an education side to them e.g. temple lane and pulse etcetc

Advertisement