Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting anonymously from touch site

Options
  • 16-10-2014 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Each of the forums that I moderate allow for anonymous posting, and we have recently added an allowance for anon posting to a subforum of Farming & Forestry.

An issue that has come up however, is that the majority of our userbase there browses boards from a touch enabled device, usually a smartphone, and as a result I've been on the receiving end of quite a few PMs due to the fact that posting anonymously is not supported on the touch site - it only works if you log into the full site.

As such, what are the possibilities of getting this functionality added to the touch site? Anon posting is an important aspect of quite a few fora on boards now, particularly those that deal with topics of a personal nature, and considering that more and more people are using smartphones to post here, it seems like quite a gap in the system at the moment for anon posting to not be available on the touch site.

Any answers would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Quick answer - I have no idea what's involved :) I didn't even know this was a thing with touch. (I rarely use it myself, I have a big boy computer :D:p). I will however get it investigated and see what's what, but unless it's something *really* simple, I don't see it happening this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Have to admit I'm the same - I primarily post from the laptop, and it was only when I was trying it on the touch site to take screenshots that I realised it wasn't possible to post anon. And then the PM's started coming in... :)

But the PM's raise a fair point considering the number of touch users, and I understand that you guys are busy so I appreciate you putting it on the radar.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement