Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes 200 W115 1975 looking for some advise on parts

Options
  • 16-10-2014 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I was thinking about this car for a while and I've recently bought a lovely 1975 Mercedes Benz 200 W115. I'm trying to get few bits and pieces to have this Merc in really good condition. I've welded NSF floor panel, the OSF just beside the accelerator pedal and OSR small bit just where the front seat frame ends. I've bought a complete FEBI suspension in OTTO (Tallaght), coz my mate works there and he looked after me. But I need some second hands bits and that's why I'm here. I have a shopping list of parts and was hoping a board.ie might be able to steer me in the right direction.
    So far I need:

Front Grille Frame

Front under bumper centre trim/panel

Rear bumper Chrome complete

Heather/blower motor

Leather seats set

Refurbished black steering wheel w113 model (Pagoda)

OSR tailamp cover type with stripes

Window winder handle leather paddings blue leather x 3

NSF & OSF side trims blue leather covers a pillar where is bonnet handle and other side just beside the steering column

Steering column cover

Chrome wing liner mouldings set

Complete carpet set blue or black

Any advice would be much appreciated. I've been trawling Ebay and other sites but thought that there might be a W114/W115 owner out there with some good advice or offer.

And as well which Mercedes club were you referring to in Ireland (Dublin)?

Thanks
    Matt
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

33269415.jpeg

33269395.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-w114-1970/7722044

Seller says he'll break this diesel W115, has a blue interior and early style wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭selfdiy

Can't help you with your parts list, as I'm looking for the same sort of stuff myself.
    I have two of them currently disassembled, loooooong term projects!!

Have you checked along the bulkhead where the tray for collecting the water that runs off the windscreen is spot welded, this seam is almost certain to be rotted and is the cause of the floors rotting.

I've come up with my own plan for repair (not yet implemented!), but would love to see how others have gone about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tiskus

Yes tried to contact him already, he has sold that Merc.

I haven't checked my Merc's bulkhead, thanks for letting me know. I'm definitely going to check this weekend, make sure all ok there. You see, my Merc's problem is that the sill panels were badly rusted from outside and the water got in the car. Looks like, that it has been done before, but who did it should be shame of themselves, coz they just welded on the top of the rusted panel the new one and in the end after probably couple years is the same again.
    What parts are you looking for your Merc. Did you ring Rory, he owns a scrapyard in Lusk (01 8709090 or 087 2534811) but for me he wasn't helpful at all and very pricy comparing to Germans.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭selfdiy

Tiskus wrote: »
    I haven't checked my Merc's bulkhead, thanks for letting me know. I'm definitely going to check this weekend, make sure all ok there. You see, my Merc's problem is that the sill panels were badly rusted from outside and the water got in the car. Looks like, that it has been done before, but who did it should be shame of themselves, coz they just welded on the top of the rusted panel the new one and in the end after probably couple years is the same again.
    What parts are you looking for your Merc. Did you ring Rory, he owns a scrapyard in Lusk (01 8709090 or 087 2534811) but for me he wasn't helpful at all and very pricy comparing to Germans.

I did try Rory for something once, but he didn't have it. I'm nowhere near ready for new parts yet, still a lot of rust to deal with.

Sills are perfect on one of mine, rotten on the other. But the bulkhead is rotten on both, what happens is the sealant rots away, its on the inside, then water gets between the panels where they are spot welded. It will be worst near the drains below the blower motor and also at the upper corners on each wing.

On the mid left of the picture below you can see the line rusted along the seam where the drip tray meets the bulk head. Also a split in the windscreen rubber at the corner of the windscreen let water in which caused a trail of destruction as it ran down the A post.

IMAG0614.jpg

They tend to also rot along the seam where the inner wing is spot welded to the chassis
    IMAG0418.jpg

• Advertisement

Please see below the link for brand new parts from Germany:

mercedes-classic-parts.com/parts/index.php?item=w114-_-w115&action=page&group_id=13&lang=NL

Just add at the front "www", coz I'm a new user and I can't upload any pictures or web sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Tiskus wrote: »
    Please see below the link for brand new parts from Germany:

mercedes-classic-parts.com/parts/index.php?item=w114-_-w115&action=page&group_id=13&lang=NL

Brand new parts from the Netherlands you mean ;)

Here's the link: linky

And welcome to boards and Classic Cars, Tiskus!

Sorry, yes I've noticed that after I had posted.

The Netherlands

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭WDB123

have a very good complete bakerlite steering wheel in black €120
    also a set of alloys 14" as new
    wheel trims that need paint
    join the mercedes club many w115 owners

• Advertisement

Where and how could I join the Mercedes Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Join here

https://www.mercedes-benz-club.co.uk/Membership/JoinToday.aspx

..............the Irish section is fairly substantial, you will get all the contact details in the Gazette.

Thanks

I found a really helpful chap in Holland Thimo, I got so many parts from him, please see below his details:

www mbonderdelen.nl

MIJN ADRES:
    Mercuriusstraat 3
    1561 PM Krommenie

DE OPENINGSTIJDEN:
    Geopend op
    •maandag van 9.00 tot 15.00 uur,
    •vrijdag van 9.00 tot 17.00 uur
    •en zaterdag van 10.30 tot 17.00 uur
    •dinsdag, woensdag en donderdag niet aanwezig, 's avonds in overleg

Met vriendelijke groet

Thimo