Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfinished Apartment Block - No Block Policy

Options
  • 16-10-2014 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I would like to know if anyone else is in my position - my partner and I purchased an apartment off the plans and it turns out we were the only people who purchased.
    Now living in an unfinished apartment block (the only inhabitants) which has no block policy insurance whatsover.

The builder hasn't the money to insure it as he is in the process of becoming bankrupt as far as I know, and he told me he has asked the bank to insure it. I contacted the bank and they've told me it's not their responsibility.

We're on a temporary water scheme (a water pipe lying over rubble overground!) which freezes every winter. And the building is now becoming derelict. We are at our wits end as this is coming into our 6th winter in this building, and if pipes freeze/burst or anything happens to our apartment we have no cover. Have local TD coming to apt this week.

Anyone else in this position?

Advertisement