Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I phone 5 in Argos.

• 16-10-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All
    Does anybody have any info about the iPhone 5c in Argos at the minute. It's a Refurbished unit,I assume by Apple. It's selling for €374 which is a good price,but would I be better off with a brand new unit.
    Thanks
    Odyssey

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi All
    Does anybody have any info about the iPhone 5c in Argos at the minute. It's a Refurbished unit,I assume by Apple. It's selling for €374 which is a good price,but would I be better off with a brand new unit.
    Thanks
    Odyssey

Wouldn't Argos be the best to ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Fairly helpful tiks(.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

See what the guarantee is, though it does look like a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hi All
    Thanks
    Odyssey

Do you have a link ? Unusual that Argos would sell refurb .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Its an iPhone 5 and it looks to be the same as refurbs bought direct from apple with a 1 year warranty, link to white version, http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2893370/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7Ccat_19805493%7CMobile+phones%7C14419095/Trail/searchtext>IPHONE.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

manu2009 wrote: »
    Its an iPhone 5 and it looks to be the same as refurbs bought direct from apple with a 1 year warranty, link to white version, http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2893370/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7Ccat_19805493%7CMobile+phones%7C14419095/Trail/searchtext>IPHONE.htm
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you have a link ? Unusual that Argos would sell refurb .

Cheers lads. They say a 1 year warranty but was wondering if anybody here got one. The Apple site was down today so I couldn't compare the prices.

net browsing, downloads and streaming wherever you go.
    8 megapixel rear camera lets you capture great photos and HD video, and there's a front-facing 1.2 megapixel camera.
    16Gb of internal storage means you can carry plenty of photos, MP3s and video with you.
    Network provider: Sim free.
    iOS iOS 6, upgradable to iOS 7.1.2, planned upgrade to iOS 8. operating system.
    MP3 player.

Would the iOS 6,if upgraded to ios8 slow the phone down at all. I don't know too much about Apple products. I use Samsung but the kids rave about it. My son has an iPhone 4s but wants an upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I thought I found a good deal if you wanted to buy 2 iphones on Argos.co.uk you could get both for £499, Only works if using the Special offer button, only collection.

1. Search for Iphone 5 16gb White or Iphone 5 16gb Black
    2. Click on 1 Special Offer.
    3. Click Choose Products
    4. Press "Add Item" button
    5. Price now should show Save £99.97 £499.93

BUT If you go to shopping basket shows £599.90 :(

If you walk into a store up North they might do something for you to get at that price if you show them in your phone up to step 5 above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement