Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Negative effects of smoking forms of cannabis

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

The most annoying thing about these kind of threads is the constant comparisons of Weed to alcohol. Can we not discuss the pros and cons of weed without every second person saying "but alcohol....."

We all know that alcohol is bad but its legal and it's likely to stay legal for many years to come. No politician is going to promote the legalization of a drug like cannabis just because alcohol is legal and happens to be worse for your health.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Laois6556 wrote: »
    Look up the stats on underage drinking or drinking in general. Gambling statistics etc.

Drink consumption is not the same statistic. Drinking here is a cultural thing and has been for decades and decades.

You countered the statistics from Holland by stating that Irish people have more addictive personalities. Please provide some evidence of this. Otherwise you are talking out of your ass. Again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Despite the above obliterating Laois's argument, he still tries to argue against facts. Waste of time Mikom!

So you're another one that's in favour of decriminalising all drugs. It's crazy talk and doesn't obliterate anything except common sense.

So you're another one that's in favour of decriminalising all drugs. It's crazy talk and doesn't obliterate anything except common sense.

Nope never said that. You're grasping. Its a little sad to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Can you provide some statistics showing where the decriminalisation of drugs has led to the sort of societal chaos you're talking about?

Or do you just "know"?

• Advertisement

A bad situation in your opinion. Why are you ignoring the statistical evidence which shows you that your opinion on this is wrong?

Hopefully campaigners will come out and say they want to legalise all drugs and not just cannabis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hopefully campaigners will come out and say they want to legalise all drugs and not just cannabis.

Like Portugal?................'cept Portugal decriminalised not legalised.
    Have a read up on the difference between the two in your down time.

GOALPOST BEING MOVED ALERT

Drink consumption is not the same statistic. Drinking here is a cultural thing and has been for decades and decades.

You countered the statistics from Holland by stating that Irish people have more addictive personalities. Please provide some evidence of this. Otherwise you are talking out of your ass. Again.

Just look up the stats on drug use in Ireland compared to the rest of Europe, it makes it clear.

Nope never said that. You're grasping. Its a little sad to watch

Well that's what the report talks about and you seem to support it, what gives?

• Advertisement

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Can you provide some statistics showing where the decriminalisation of drugs has led to the sort of societal chaos you're talking about?

Or do you just "know"?

What are you on about?

Just look up the stats on drug use in Ireland compared to the rest of Europe, it makes it clear.

Stats on drug use do not indicate the level of addictive personalities in a society. You really havent a clue.

mikom wrote: »
    Like Portugal?................'cept Portugal decriminalised not legalised.
    Have a read up on the difference between the two in your down time.

Oh right so you're using a report about decriminisation to support legalising cannabis. I see.

GOALPOST BEING MOVED ALERT

I'm not the one who brought a report on decriminalising all drugs into this.

Well that's what the report talks about and you seem to support it, what gives?

You dont seem to get that stats showing the benefits of decriminalisation were sent to you in response to you citing the Dutch and their problems with drugs. Mikom showed you this. You then took his response as a statement that all drugs should be legalised. And now you want to run with that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Clutch that straw. CLUTCH IT!

Stats on drug use do not indicate the level of addictive personalities in a society. You really havent a clue.

Drug use and stats on gambling etc. I'm just giving you a start point.

Oh right so you're using a report about decriminisation to support legalising cannabis. I see.

Never said that.
    Your ignorance of the difference between legalising and decriminalising is apparent however.

You cited Holland as an example of problems with drug use. The report was sent to you to show you that decriminalisation has the exact opposite effect to what you are saying will happen. Your argument has been destroyed.

Drug use and stats on gambling etc. I'm just giving you a start point.

I still am not getting how this has anything to do with how many people in Ireland have addictive personalities. Can you please provide statistics showing that Irish people have more addictive personalities than other European countries?

• Advertisement

I still am not getting how this has anything to do with how many people in Ireland have addictive personalities. Can you please provide statistics showing that Irish people have more addictive personalities than other European countries?

You will be lucky if you get a smiley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

maybe not, but you're the one who is trying to change the topic to that to suit your agenda more.

You dont seem to get that stats showing the benefits of decriminalisation were sent to you in response to you citing the Dutch and their problems with drugs. Mikom showed you this. You then took his response as a statement that all drugs should be legalised. And now you want to run with that :pac:

No, he posted the report because I said cannabis use in America has increased hugely in the last 10 years. He re-posted it saying that I should support what Portugal have done if I care about addiction. You've just made up what you said there. He does support the decriminalisation of all drugs and you have supported his statements, a sign that you agree with his stance.

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Clutch that straw. CLUTCH IT!

Careful, a mod already had to hand out infractions to cannabis users who couldn't handle criticism of their drug.

mikom wrote: »
    Never said that.
    Your ignorance of the difference between legalising and decriminalising is apparent however.

You posted the report.

No, he posted the report because I said cannabis use in America has increased hugely in the last 10 years. He re-posted it saying that I should support what Portugal have done if I care about addiction. You've just made up what you said there. He does support the decriminalisation of all drugs and you have supported his statements, a sign that you agree with his stance.

Lol.

You arent able for this!

He is right. You seem worried about addiction. So i guess you support what Portugal has done yes?

You cited Holland as an example of problems with drug use. The report was sent to you to show you that decriminalisation has the exact opposite effect to what you are saying will happen. Your argument has been destroyed.

Show me where I cited Holland for anything? You can't just make up stuff and an argument can't be destroyed if no one made that argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

I don't think the closure needs any explanation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement