Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DD Refund

Options
  • 16-10-2014 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I have been informed of a Refund Application Form that I can download from the site but cannot find it? Vodafone have been fraudulently debiting my account on a monthly basis and will not issue a full refund. Will filling this out help? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Pamela30, 

Thanks for getting in contact and welcome to Boards.ie

All direct debits within the Republic of Ireland have now transferred over to SEPA. This scheme offers you a wide variety of extra services. 

You can cancel and request a refund of any SEPA Direct Debit through our SEPA Direct Debit Services located here on our website. In your specific case, we would suggest that you complete the 'Cancel SEPA direct debit mandate' and the 'Refund Direct Debit Payments' forms. You can also add companies to a White or Black list to ensure that any further Direct Debit requests are rejected. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pamela30

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for coming back to me. Just one query. I have been over charged since May 2011 (€16.99 which was mixed in with my mobile bill) The form says that I can only claim back up to 8 weeks after the DD payment. Does that mean I am only entitled to one months refund? Perhaps I am mis-understanding.

Vodafone advised that there was 'fraudulent' activity on my account which was used to set up this payment for a dongle in a shop that has since closed down. So luckily for them they there is no evidence of contract etc. I had to get a pulse number from the  guards. But if it is so called 'fraudulent' activity on my account then can you guys shed any light on what has happened.

Thanks a mill
    Pam 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pamela30

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for coming back to me. Just one query. I have been over charged since May 2011 (€16.99 which was mixed in with my mobile bill) The form says that I can only claim back up to 8 weeks after the DD payment. Does that mean I am only entitled to one months refund? Perhaps I am mis-understanding.

Vodafone advised that there was 'fraudulent' activity on my account which was used to set up this payment for a dongle in a shop that has since closed down. So luckily for them they there is no evidence of contract etc. I had to get a pulse number from the  guards. But if it is so called 'fraudulent' activity on my account then can you guys shed any light on what has happened.

Thanks a mill
    Pam 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Pamela30, 

We would certainly advise you to complete the SEPA forms as this will help you avoid any further fraudulent debits from your account. 

Depending on the specific of this fraud case out 365 representatives may be able to raise this with our fraud team. Please call 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000 and a representative will take some further information and look into this on your behalf. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement