Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Steam generator Iron - Worth Getting?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djo789

I got a Lidl version of these a couple of 5+ years ago still going strong, an ordinary steam iron pales in comparison (even the top of the range ones) to these yokes.
    You should get\have a ironing board with a metal mesh base to allow steam through for full effect.
    P.s. I really hate ironing but this has made life easier :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Title says it all!

I'm thinking of getting a steam generator iron and replacing the ****ty one that came with the apartment.

Is the Aldi one on sale this weekend worth a crack for €50?

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sunday-19-october/products-detail-page/ps/p/steam-generator-iron-1/?pk_campaign=ie_product_newsletter&pk_kwd=2014-10-16_12-07

These are still in Aldi. Would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Ah yeah its worth picking up. No hassle with it so far apart from a sticky residue on the bottom of it from ironing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Littlepea

A waste of money in my opinion. Bought one and didn't notice much difference between it and a normal iron. Ended up bringing it back and buying a Philips one that was on special offer at €139, it's amazing. Worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

My sentiments exactly, we have the Phillips, well worth it - have stopped buying electrical from Aldi and Lidl as I seem to end up bringing them all back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement