Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 32), Oct 17, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

First Div play-off first leg in Terryland at 7.45 on Friday between Galway FC and Shels.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I want Bohs to win (Obviously)

But I'd like to see the title go down to the last day.

So hoping for an unlikely Bray upset :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Weather meant be crap so doubt City will get full house but still should get big number going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'll be brutally honest, its all Cup final now for me, the league may as well be over for Derry.

I just hope that the main men are limited in their game time before the final, and we see some of the bit part players get a couple of league games now to see how they rise to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Really unsure as to how our game against Shelbourne will pan out. We lost both home games against them 1-0 this year. I think in the bigger games at home, we've been found wanting but Keegan has hit form and Barrett has definitely made us a more solid outfit.

Whenever we play them they sit relatively deep, playing 4-5-1, mostly playing on the counter with almost everything going through Dylan Connolly. I think if Shels score first, we're goosed. When they have an advantage they sit on it and Dempsey can control a game. If we score first Shels will have to come out and Keegan, Manning and Connolly can do real damage then.

We have everybody fit so hopefully we can win at Terryland and do the business in Tolka but we absolutely must score first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Seriously looking foward to the match down the cross. Hopefully the rain will hold off as there will be a great crowd. A scrappy 1-0 win will do. Would be great to bring it down to the last day. Memories of the Shels game!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bray Bohs double 75-1 its the LOI so its a banker :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'll be brutally honest, its all Cup final now for me, the league may as well be over for Derry.

I just hope that the main men are limited in their game time before the final, and we see some of the bit part players get a couple of league games now to see how they rise to it.
    I'd take that. The only way we'll have any chance tomorrow.
    Since our last win against Sligo in July we've conceded 34 and scored only 6. Even if we are somehow lucky enough to stay above Athlone, the winner of the playoff would be guaranteed promotion.
    And I remember back in April when we were fifth for a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

http://www.dundalkfc.com/supporter-information-bray/
    No umbrellas permitted in the stadium

Is this usual policy for Bray ? Tomorrow evenings weather forecast for the general Bray area is for rain,rain and more rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Really unsure as to how our game against Shelbourne will pan out. We lost both home games against them 1-0 this year. I think in the bigger games at home, we've been found wanting but Keegan has hit form and Barrett has definitely made us a more solid outfit.

Whenever we play them they sit relatively deep, playing 4-5-1, mostly playing on the counter with almost everything going through Dylan Connolly. I think if Shels score first, we're goosed. When they have an advantage they sit on it and Dempsey can control a game. If we score first Shels will have to come out and Keegan, Manning and Connolly can do real damage then.

We have everybody fit so hopefully we can win at Terryland and do the business in Tolka but we absolutely must score first.
    I don't think we'd have to come out that much if you scored first. If we went away 1 goal down tomorrow I don't think it'd be the end of the world at all. Important to note that probably our best player Jordan Keegan hasn't played the last 2 games against you and that would explain alot about why Connolly was so important in those games.

Over the course of 2 games anything can happen, but in the end we've finished ahead of you in the league for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Nerves all over the place tomorrow. Could set up a title decider, could put our challenge to bed. Don't even want to think what might happen beyond ten o'clock, just want to get out of it with three points anyway possible.
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/supporter-information-bray/

Is this usual policy for Bray ? Tomorrow evenings weather forecast for the general Bray area is for rain,rain and more rain.

That's the stupidest football crowd rule I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just in the door after a day of work/evening with the gf and it's hit me! Booked tomorrow off to have a nice lie in, decent lunch and a nice trip to Galway! Looks to be a big crowd travelling down again. ****ting it!

Does anyone know who would be at home in the first leg of the promotion/relegation playoff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Does anyone know who would be at home in the first leg of the promotion/relegation playoff?

I read on Twitter it's the Prem team at home first but not from any official source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Coin toss made apparently and PD side home in first leg.

CSF wrote: »
    I read on Twitter it's the Prem team at home first but not from any official source
    Just looking back at previous years and that seems to be the case alright.

Not sure who I'd want to win the first division playoff if (and that's a big if) we cling on to 11th place. I'd much rather get hockeyed by Galway but at the same time I'd like to see our last game as a Premier League side (which I wouldn't if it's in Galway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I'm absolutely bricking it here in work, its going to be some night at the Cross. I don't mind the rain as such cause it forces people to pack into the Shed and the atmosphere is always unbelievable. Biggest night at Turners Cross in almost 9 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

All is calm up here in Dundalk. Nobody pressing any panic buttons. O'Donnell has returned just in time to help ease the white juggernaut towards the finish line. We will punish Bray this evening for their cruel 'no umbrella's allowed' stance. We will be wet. We will be cold. But crucially, we will be victorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

This is from the FAI (complete with typo):
    The draw to determine home advantage for the second leg of the Promotion/Relegation Play-off as per Clause 19.32 of Schedule One of the Participation Agreement took pace at FAI HQ, Abbotstown today and resulted in the Winner of the 2nd v 3rd First Division play-off having home advantage in the second leg.

The dates for the Promotion/Relegation Play-off matches are as follows:

First Leg – Monday, 27th October - 11th Placed Premier Division Club v Winner of the 2nd v 3rd First Division play-off

Second Leg – Friday, 31st October - Winner of the 2nd v 3rd First Division play-off v 11th Placed Premier Division Club

In the event of the scores been level after the completion of the second leg match, then extra-time of 30 minutes duration shall be played. If the scores are still level, then a penalty shoot-out shall take place to determine the winners.

Shels fans will be in the old stand in Terryland this evening.

Any of you who'll be in Galway early, if you buy a pint of Tiger Beer in the Dail Bar on Middle Street you get a free match ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Of all the places you'd need a bloody umbrella it's Bray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Pighead wrote: »
    All is calm up here in Dundalk.

I think the pressure is off us a good bit as we can afford to lose or draw tonight. Really can't see anything but a Dundalk and Cork win though and it going to the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Last home match of the season for us tonight. Only need a point to make sure of Europa League football.We might rest a few players for the cup final but it is more likely that we will wait until Sligo for that. Athlone seemed intent on drawing their way to survival until some recent losses. Wouldnt be massively surprised if they got a result tonight but I still think we will win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

kksaints wrote: »
    Last home match of the season for us tonight. Only need a point to make sure of Europa League football.We might rest a few players for the cup final but it is more likely that we will wait until Sligo for that. Athlone seemed intent on drawing their way to survival until some recent losses. Wouldnt be massively surprised if they got a result tonight but I still think we will win.

They were very good against Dundalk until the sending off. Wouldn't be surprised to see them snatch a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm actually bricking it for Dundalk and Cork fans equally. The tension of all this. Eve though Bohs are playing and have a good record against CCFC, I wouldn't mind it going down to the last day. What a spectacle that would be. Would like to see Dundalk do it on the last day though, in Oriel. Be some storybook rise with the whole Petrol scare/promotion scandal etc years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bring an umbrella to bray, fairly sure every stadium/event has that rule. Just don't be nobs and block peoples view with them. Will be wet everywhere I assume, and awfully windy too, be a tough night.

Heading to Turners Cross though, umbrella in tow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Game of the Season will be in United Park, as both sides have feck all to play for so it's sure to be a cracker

21/25

Dundalk losing!

UCD take the lead against Derry, could well keep them from automatic relegation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

1-0 Cork.

• Advertisement

Cork move to the top of the table just before half time.

UCD take the lead against Derry, could well keep them from automatic relegation.

Lucky the cup gave us something to cheer, cos our league form has been pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

everytime i watch Dundalk on tv they are rubbish :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

1 0 Galway

Galway have dominated and should be more than a goal up. Half time came at a good time as shels were starting to get their foot on the ball. Shels would also be better off if their no. 16 would worry about playing football and not diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

****e end of season match here, athlone are rubbish and our half a team cant beat them.

Dundalk :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YsWtWXpc30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    1-0 Cork.

40 yard free kick from Dennehy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

If there is anybody at the Bray v Dundalk match could you hit that lad with the drum a box. Thank you

Horgan needs to lift the ball when crossing it, Bray defenders have slide blocked it a few times now :(

Omackeral wrote: »
    40 yard free kick from Dennehy.

Judging by the brief shots on the telly, the weather doesn't seem too bad in Cork as compared to Bray. Unreal there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Camera needs wipers .

Bray have had the best chances so far in this game... Dundalk not playing well at all..

• Advertisement

get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a finish, come on the town...get another one!!!!!!!!!

Bray 1 Dundalk 1. Hoban 64.

Bohs down to 10 men.

Exciting finish to the league, glad I'm not a Cork or Dundalk fan, my heart couldn't handle this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Come on Derry, do us a favour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Cracking end to the season, probably the best I've seen in my few years watching LOI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Going to be a tense 20 mins for everyone .Bohs down to 10 men now also .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Can't believe they're interviewing the Bray manager during the match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Nothing tense in Drogheda, all relaxed..

loyatemu wrote: »
    Can't believe they're interviewing the Bray manager during the match.

One of the tackiest and stupiest things they do. They always seem to pick the wrong times too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement