Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 32), Oct 17, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    Judging by the brief shots on the telly, the weather doesn't seem too bad in Cork as compared to Bray. Unreal there.

It's like that in July/August there too. Coldest place in the Northern Hemisphere.

NIMAN wrote: »
    One of the tackiest and stupiest things they do. They always seem to pick the wrong times too.

Watch when the Premier League do it across the water in 3 years time and it will be called the best thing ever. Much like when Van Gaal switched the keepers at the World Cup after Paul Cook did it in the FAI Cup final :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

A crowd of 6,219 at Turner's Cross. Pity we can't have a big crowd at all the games every week in LOI .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That is an amazing attendance for a LoI game, fair play to the Cork fans.

Looks like its going to be a belter in Dundalk next week.

Cleared off the Dundalk line, some finish!

Cracking attendance. That's the perfect number for LOI in my opinion, packed but still intimate. Fair play to the Cork fans for going out in the crap conditions. Would love to see Tallaght packed like that given that stadium is spanking new. The last day is gonna be like a Cup final on steroids btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Stargate wrote:
    A crowd of 6,219 at Turner's Cross. Pity we can't have a big crowd at all the games every week in LOI .

shame the televised match looks like it's being played in a park during a hurricane.

Bohs down to 9 men. We don't give a toss. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

FT: Cork 1 Bohs 0.

• Advertisement

Wow , roll on next week , it will be some end of season game in Dundalk ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dundalk bottling it

SK bottler, at it again?

Athlone must be sick. Beat Pat's 0-2 away from home only to find UCD have done Derry 0-1 in the Brandywell! Only a point in it at the bottom.

Congrats to Bray by the way, staying up.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Athlone must be sick. Beat Pat's 0-2 away from home only to find UCD have done Derry 0-1 in the Brandywell! Only a point in it at the bottom.

On the second half performance Bray deserved the point . Sickener for Athlone .

I only started watching with 30mins to go, Bray deserved all 3pts from what I saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Stargate wrote: »
    On the second half performance Bray deserved the point . Sickener for Athlone .

yeah on the whole a point was a fair result.. I'm not watching Dundalk on the box again...totally jinx them everytime :(

Had we given Long the job from the start we would have stayed up quiet comfortably imo. Cant see us getting a better result than UCD next week but who knows! A Galway-Athlone playoff would be a serious two legged affair.

mada999 wrote: »
    yeah on the whole a point was a fair result.. I'm not watching Dundalk on the box again...totally jinx them everytime :(

LoL mada999 . Could you manage it next week , just one more time , maybe till City are 2 up ? You can switch over then :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Omackeral wrote: »

Just watch. We'll win 13-0 against Drogheda next week and stay up.
    Didn't see that win coming even with a weakened Derry. Hopefully that gives us a bit of momentum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Cracking last game of the season on cards now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Get In!!!

What a season its been.. Will be bag of nerves next week.

For now I'm floating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ended out watching 2nd half of Bray as we were dire. Concede to a screamer and then bring on under 19s player I do not like that ****, play your best 11 in every game. Young lads were not bad but Athlone played much better 2nd half and deserved the win.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Gladly have taken 1-0 before the game. Savage crowd altogether. 30 seconds in and the shed went wild.....knew it was going to be a good night!!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ended out watching 2nd half of Bray as we were dire. Concede to a screamer and then bring on under 19s player I do not like that ****, play your best 11 in every game. Young lads were not bad but Athlone played much better 2nd half and deserved the win.

If only we hadn't dropped stupid points this season. Gutting ending up so close to third spot. You'd better do the business on November 2nd.

Stargate wrote: »
    LoL mada999 . Could you manage it next week , just one more time , maybe till City are 2 up ? You can switch over then :D

no chance, might go to the match, but that might even jinx it even more!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

no chance, might go to the match, but that might even jinx it even more!!!
    I've just given your name to the stewards you Jonah ! Stay Away :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Unreal crowd in Turners cross, was some noise. Didn't know Stephen Kenny could be a ref in this match as well manage a point in Bray. Delighted Bray got the point, unlikely to see a 12 goal swing net week now so another season in the PD is happy enough for me. Dennehy did nothing in the first half then got a ridiculous goal.

Also, the Derry city bench collapse as on Mashable today, a US tech site. Its fb page alone has just shy of 3 million followers, well done on getting famous lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

monkey9 wrote: »
    Of all the places you'd need a bloody umbrella it's Bray.
    Dundalk leave the away fans out in the rain too. Think they're the only two places that do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Dundalk leave the away fans out in the rain too. Think they're the only two places that do.
    We'll let you in with an umbrella though ;)

Ironic to see Dundalk getting mugged on a dodgy pitch. :pac:

• Advertisement

anncoates wrote: »
    Ironic to see Dundalk getting mugged on a dodgy pitch. :pac:

dont know what the fuss is about, i've played on it numerous times... not a bother... the ball bounces a bit more and is faster than a grass pitch but other than that it's grand... tbh better than a lot of grass pitches i have played on :) It's a good excuse for opposition teams who lose on it though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

i've played on it numerous times...

thats the problem, dundalk fans aint gonna get many symphatisers. being top of league only matters at one time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

dont know what the fuss is about, i've played on it numerous times... not a bother... the ball bounces a bit more and is faster than a grass pitch but other than that it's grand... tbh better than a lot of grass pitches i have played on :) It's a good excuse for opposition teams who lose on it though :pac:

I don't get this, you give 2 differences to a grass pitch and then wonder what the problem is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The game next Friday is now set up brilliantly. Having the home team needing the win to win the league will be epic. And I don't think there's a better manager in the country, bar maybe Fenlon, who is as good as going and shutting up shop and John Caulfield is. An early Dundalk goal will tee it up brilliantly! Should make for great TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The entertainers have given the Cork public and neutrals what they wanted. A final day decider. We should be going into the final game a point clear but alas the weather conditions conspired to stop us playing our usual devastating attacking football. It was like asking the trainer of Frankel to break the mile record whilst running in quicksand.

But that match is over and we move on to next weeks crunch game against a tenacious Cork side who whilst not being the prettiest girl at the league of Ireland table has shown a remarkable ability to eek out results and keep pace with Dundalk. However we are simply a better team and we have crushed Cork the last two times they've took us on in fortress Oriel (4-0 and 4-0). We will make them and their supporters feel welcome when they travel up in their hundreds next week but once that game starts no mercy can or will be shown and we will systematically tear them apart and prove to the league of Ireland family that we have bottle in spades and are without doubt the countries finest soccer team.

Looking forward to this.

Id like to see Cork win it, had a bet on them from the start of the season too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Pighead wrote: »
    The entertainers have given the Cork public and neutrals what they wanted. A final day decider. We should be going into the final game a point clear but alas the weather conditions conspired to stop us playing our usual devastating attacking football. It was like asking the trainer of Frankel to break the mile record whilst running in quicksand.

But that match is over and we move on to next weeks crunch game against a tenacious Cork side who whilst not being the prettiest girl at the league of Ireland table has shown a remarkable ability to eek out results and keep pace with Dundalk. However we are simply a better team and we have crushed Cork the last two times they've took us on in fortress Oriel (4-0 and 4-0). We will make them and their supporters feel welcome when they travel up in their hundreds next week but once that game starts no mercy can or will be shown and we will systematically tear them apart and prove to the league of Ireland family that we have bottle in spades and are without doubt the countries finest soccer team.

Looking forward to this.

Apt username...:)

Ye drew against Rovers, really should have lost.
    Ye drew against Bray, really should have lost.
    The pressure is getting to ye.
    City hadn't beaten 2 teams all year, Bohs and Drogs. We've now beaten Bohs, ye are next! City to win 1-0 and ' the team with bottle in spades and are without doubt the countries finest soccer team' not to win any of their last 3 games of the season and finish second!:cool:

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Apt username...:)

Ye drew against Rovers, really should have lost.
    Ye drew against Bray, really should have lost.
    The pressure is getting to ye.
    City hadn't beaten 2 teams all year, Bohs and Drogs. We've now beaten Bohs, ye are next! City to win 1-0 and ' the team with bottle in spades and are without doubt the countries finest soccer team' not to win any of their last 3 games of the season and finish second!:cool:
    I'm guessing you went out celebrating after your scrappy one goal victory against ten man Bohs and are still feeling the effects of the Murphy's stout.

You say Bohs and Drogs are the only teams you haven't beaten this season but that ain't true. You've failed to beat Dundalk. In fact your lot haven't beaten Dundalk in a couple of years. Last five games has seen us win four and a draw. Aggregate score- 14-3 to the good guys. We have a better team, cooler supporters and we are ready to party next week. By all means enjoy the trip up to one of the most beautiful towns in Europe but please please do not expect your team to beat or draw with my team. It can't happen.

You've just basically admitted that it plays different to grass and that being used to it is advantageous. :)

• Advertisement

I'm guessing you went out celebrating after your scrappy one goal victory against ten man Bohs and are still feeling the effects of the Murphy's stout.

You say Bohs and Drogs are the only teams you haven't beaten this season but that ain't true. You've failed to beat Dundalk. In fact your lot haven't beaten Dundalk in a couple of years. Last five games has seen us win four and a draw. Aggregate score- 14-3 to the good guys. We have a better team, cooler supporters and we are ready to party next week. By all means enjoy the trip up to one of the most beautiful towns in Europe but please please do not expect your team to beat or draw with my team. It can't happen.
    Typed drogs meant dundalk....don't actually know anyone who drinks Murphys!

Your posts get better though.....one of the most beautiful towns in Europe..... You obviously don't travel much !!

Also ...coolest supporters..love to know where you get that ascertain.
    In fact great credit to some of the outfits the Bohs fans had last night, everything from Worsel Gummage to Cool Runnings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Looking forward to this.

What a load of bollocks. Definitely rattled.

Can you feel it slip away?

gimmick wrote: »
    What a load of bollocks. Definitely rattled.

Can you feel it slip away?
    No. Confidence as always is sky high. The only sour aspect of all this is the fact that you Cork folk seem to think you'll win the league.

As much as next weeks victory will bring me joy, I'm really not looking forward to seeing 800 grown Cork men and women cry. Hopefully your buses will take you back home immediately after your shattering defeat and let us get on with our partying.

No. Confidence as always is sky high. The only sour aspect of all this is the fact that you Cork folk seem to think you'll win the league.

As much as next weeks victory will bring me joy, I'm really not looking forward to seeing 800 grown Cork men and women cry. Hopefully your buses will take you back home immediately after your shattering defeat and let us get on with our partying.

Rattled.

Rattled.
    If it were a final day shootout against either Pats or Rovers for the title there is a chance Pighead may have been a wee bit rattled. Against Cork though? Nah.

When Cork have travelled to the traditional big teams this season and faced a noisy home support they've tended to soil their nappies and travel back to Leeside empty handed.

V Dundalk- LOST 4-0; LOST 4-0
    V Pats- LOST 3-2
    V Shamrock Rovers- WON 2-0; LOST 2-0
    V Sligo Rovers- DREW 0-0
    V Bohs- LOST 2-0; LOST 1-0

Played 8; Won 1; Lost 6; Drew 1; For 4; Against 16.

If it were a final day shootout against either Pats or Rovers for the title there is a chance Pighead may have been a wee bit rattled. Against Cork though? Nah.

When Cork have travelled to the traditional big teams this season and faced a noisy home support they've tended to soil their nappies and travel back to Leeside empty handed.

V Dundalk- LOST 4-0; LOST 4-0
    V Pats- LOST 3-2
    V Shamrock Rovers- WON 2-0; LOST 2-0
    V Sligo Rovers- DREW 0-0
    V Bohs- LOST 2-0; LOST 1-0

Played 8; Won 1; Lost 6; Drew 1; For 4; Against 16.

You're so rattled its unbelievable !!

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    You're so rattled its unbelievable !!
    Does the Y.W.N.A in your sig stand for You Never Win Away?

If piggy is this rattled imagine what Steven Kenny must be saying. The greatest bottler on LOI history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Long time since there was a noisy home support in Sligo.

If piggy is this rattled imagine what Steven Kenny must be saying. The greatest bottler on LOI history.
    Kenny is calm. At least he believes in his teams. You've wrote Cork City off every step of the way so far. You got a ticket for next week?
    AgileMyth wrote: »
    Long time since there was a noisy home support in Sligo.
    Probably explains why they didn't lose that game.

Kenny is calm. At least he believes in his teams. You've wrote Cork City off every step of the way so far. You got a ticket for next week?
    Yup. :)

Got lumped with organising a bus as well :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement