Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2009 Gsxr 750 - any issues

• 16-10-2014 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm looking for a bit of advice on the k8/k9 gsxr 750. Is there any issues to look out for when buying one?

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Gear position sensors are an annoyance when they go, I have a k8 not too long now and when the bike warms up, the neutral light won't go on... Sensor is about 150euro for a new one, and might not fix the problem forever.

Another problem is the gear position sensor can indicate the wrong gear on the display, 3rd gear can show up as 4th etc... This is something I have read about while searching my own problem, but it seems to be a common one.

Other than that they are absolutely fantastic bikes.

Despite the GPS problems, the gear change is lovely. It's a lovely gear gearbox compared to a honda one!!

The Drive Mode selecter switch is great and makes the bike very easy to drive. C mode, in weather like we're having now (wet + leaves on the road) tones everything down nicely. A-mode (full power) is great for putting a smile on your face :D

It's a very comfortable bike (my opinion) and good for commuting on. Everyone said I was mad getting a sportsbike, but I actually prefer zipping thru the traffic on this rather than my cb400.

Great headlight on the k8 model, like a car the way it lights up the road. And it's absolutely a lovely bike in the bends... Just look when you want to go, and it takes you there.

Errr... If I develop any problems in the next few days I'll report back here and let you know

****... Better touch wood actually... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

Thanks for the info. The bike I was going to look at has a quick filler petrol cap so it has me worried it was raced.

I do love the gsxr 750 though. I think if I got a 1000 it would kill me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,373 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If it has a quick filler then it was probably raced at the TT :pac:

If the sump plug is drilled for lockwire then that's a dead giveaway.

It's a buyer's market out there still, just walk away, a better bike will be along quicker than your next few grand will.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement