Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Post Grad Options for Secondary School Teacher!

Options
  • 16-10-2014 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey - just looking for some advice! I'm a post primary teacher but am thinking about post-grad study to stretch myself academically but also to open up other options career wise as well. My undergrad is a B.Ed. so obviously an M.Ed. of some description is one choice, however, trying to veer away from the management/leadership in education type - reason being, I simply can't see myself in any sort of principle/vp even year head role so not sure of what benefit this would be to me? In terms of thinking about lecturing in education in the future, what sort of masers would I be best to look at or given the way things are, is lecturing just a pipe dream??? If I were to complete an general M.Ed., how difficult would it be to work my way up the ladder re. teaching at third level and in reality, what would I need to do after a masters to achieve this? The other area that I was thinking of is Career Guidance and Counselling - really like the sound of the course in it and wouldn't mind that role at post primary either, even of only part time - again, is the career guidance counselor a thing of the past in schools or would it be worth my while. The way I feel about it is this - if I'm going to invest money and time into further study, I really want it to be of benefit and something that will offer me the opportunity to progress my career - not just something that can go on the CV. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You've already found the teaching forum so I presume this was just an accident.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement