Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM-P

Options
  • 16-10-2014 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a HKC SW812 panel (May07 V7.36) and I am looking to fit a GSM-P dialler.
    I was wondering a) is it compatible and if so how to connect and b) where is a good (cheap) place to buy one?

Cheers
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

bibibobo wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a HKC SW812 panel (May07 V7.36) and I am looking to fit a GSM-P dialler.
    I was wondering a) is it compatible and if so how to connect and b) where is a good (cheap) place to buy one?

Cheers
    B

I have seen one on adverts for cheap enough but its second hand. No come backs if you have any problems.
    To set up is fairly straight forward to do once you have the engineer code off the system. Down power the control panel, mains and battery. Use a 6 core cable between the unit and the control panel. You get two plug on pcbs. One for the panel and one for the GSM-P. ABCD on each. The other two cores are for the 12V supply.
    Sim card can be a ready to go or bill. Just make sure sim lock is turned off.
    Power up the control panel when all set up. Go to the serial port menu, dialer menu. GSM access code is 04567. Scroll to sms menu and set up address and phone numbers.
    Test when complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

Cheers sounds straightforward. Am hoping to setup the triggered outputs for light and heat.
    Would you know where I may find its installation manual before I purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

bibibobo wrote: »
    Cheers sounds straightforward. Am hoping to setup the triggered outputs for light and heat.
    Would you know where I may find its installation manual before I purchase?

Sent you that by P.M.
    You will need to load the automation defaults when setting it up.
    All in the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Hi Altor

Im trying to Setup a GSM P v2.02 on my 8/12

I have the system connected but it does not send any SMS. and I don't get the sms option menu for sms attempts etc

There is no Pin code on the SIM card.

When I go to test the numbers its just says 0 retries and then when I cancel it just stays on cancelling I have to power the Alarm off.

If I send a XXXX Log 2 I get an sms

Do I need to setup an sms server or something ?

Any help appreciated

Advertisement