Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC setup queries

Options
  • 16-10-2014 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi,

I have defaulted my HKC SW812 panel to domestic EN51301 as the engineering code I was given was incorrect and I needed to do some minor changes to change a zone from panic to alarm. I had to go through the whole setup naming zones etc and had a couple of questions.
    a) what does chime mean in the context of this panel?
    b) pulse and gross - is pulse like one or two inertia contact bounces and gross just many more??
    c) My front door inertia sensor may be too sensitive for the postman. What would a good gross and pulse setting be for this to make it less sensitive?

cheers,
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

bibibobo wrote: »
    Hi,

I have defaulted my HKC SW812 panel to domestic EN51301 as the engineering code I was given was incorrect and I needed to do some minor changes to change a zone from panic to alarm. I had to go through the whole setup naming zones etc and had a couple of questions.
    b) pulse and gross - is pulse like one or two inertia contact bounces and gross just many more??
    c) My front door inertia sensor may be too sensitive for the postman. What would a good gross and pulse setting be for this to make it less sensitive?

cheers,
    B

The chime is turned on on the keypad by pressing 0*6 and turned off by doing the same.
    It is usually set up for if you want an indication of a door or window been open, say by a child or in a shop if you're in the back and a customer comes in the door. It rings the internal bell for a second for the indication.

Gross detects a force, strong blow to a window or door.
    Pulse detects smaller shocks/ tapping on a window and door.

Gross and pulse setting can be changed for each zone.
    0 being off, 1- 9 is the range. 9 been the lease sensitive. Only setting these and testing will give you what it should be set at.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

cheers,
    B

Hi
    A) If chime is enabled on a zone the keypad chimes when that zone is opened or closed if the chime feature is turned on.
    2) Gross is the measurement of a single force or blow. Pule is a count of lower intensity but may last for a longer period, Like cutting glass or gently prying.
    (4-4 or 5-5 would be a standard setting)
    C) Ideally i would only use a contact on an external front door. If you want to keep the sensor try it at 6-6

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

You guys are very helpful thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

You guys are very helpful thanks a million

No probs, any other question let us know.

Advertisement