Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error by Eircom Employee left me without landline for weeks..

Options
  • 16-10-2014 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I recently discussed a new 12 month contract with the eircom loyalty team due to increasing bills.The sales person informed  several options,one of which was stand alone broadband,another option was half price phone and broadband for the first 6 months.I said i would think about it.

The next day I phoned back and got through to a female operator who I told I wished to take the half price phone and broadband offer.she seemed somewhat confused and unsure on the phone and was having trouble with her pc.eventually she told me t was done.

Last Tuesday my landline had no dial tone,i phoned to report a fault but the operator informed me this was the new broadband only tariff I had signed up for!!
    I told the operator this was most certainly a mistake on sitcoms end (I believe my conversation with the female employee may have been played back)

The operator told me last I would be without my phone for the week end and to phone back, Monday.
    Monday last was put through to another operator (after a 45 mnute wait) who told me because of the error I would be without phone and broadband for 2 weeks while they sorted it.

I told them this was unacceptable as I couldn't be without broadband ,they then offered to send in technician to pull Ina temporary cable to give me broadband,i then have to wait 7-10 working days to ring them back to do something else an I should have my phone line back after that!

The technician was ment to be here yesterday but never showed, when I phoned back they crowd (a sub contractor) they could not explain why I wasn't contacted about the non arrival ,but should be there tomorrow instead.

I unsurprisingly have lost all faith in eircom,i am a Pensioner living alone in rural Ireland with out my landline for the first time in 24 years (all of them with eircom) or monitored alarm and no idea when it will be back due to a mistake by their own employee.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

gambithh wrote: »
    I recently discussed a new 12 month contract with the eircom loyalty team due to increasing bills.The sales person informed  several options,one of which was stand alone broadband,another option was half price phone and broadband for the first 6 months.I said i would think about it.

The next day I phoned back and got through to a female operator who I told I wished to take the half price phone and broadband offer.she seemed somewhat confused and unsure on the phone and was having trouble with her pc.eventually she told me t was done.

Last Tuesday my landline had no dial tone,i phoned to report a fault but the operator informed me this was the new broadband only tariff I had signed up for!!
    I told the operator this was most certainly a mistake on sitcoms end (I believe my conversation with the female employee may have been played back)

The operator told me last I would be without my phone for the week end and to phone back, Monday.
    Monday last was put through to another operator (after a 45 mnute wait) who told me because of the error I would be without phone and broadband for 2 weeks while they sorted it.

I told them this was unacceptable as I couldn't be without broadband ,they then offered to send in technician to pull Ina temporary cable to give me broadband,i then have to wait 7-10 working days to ring them back to do something else an I should have my phone line back after that!

The technician was ment to be here yesterday but never showed, when I phoned back they crowd (a sub contractor) they could not explain why I wasn't contacted about the non arrival ,but should be there tomorrow instead.

I unsurprisingly have lost all faith in eircom,i am a Pensioner living alone in rural Ireland with out my landline for the first time in 24 years (all of them with eircom) or monitored alarm and no idea when it will be back due to a mistake by their own employee.
    Hi gambithh

I am just reading this and I agree this does sound like a very difficult experience that you have been through. I would like to look into this for you. Can you send me a PM with the Eircom Account no and I will do my best to help resolve this for you.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement