Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not what I signed up for.

Options
  • 16-10-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I rang eircom customer care a month ago to inquire about prices for broadband and landline. The operator that I spoke to told me that there was a bundle for returning customers of [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 for the first 6 months and then [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]56 for the next 6. She told me that because I was keeping my modem I would get a [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]30 credit on my first bill. I asked a number of times whether [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 would be all that I'd have to pay besides any call charges. She clearly said that it would. She never mentioned anything about connection charges and when it wasn't mentioned I never asked. I might be a bit behind on this type of thing. Is it common knowledge? I agreed to the terms and she read off her list of things for me to agree to and I left the phone call happy with my [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 euro for 6 months! 

The next day, It dawned on me that even though I had asked whether [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 would be all that I would have to pay before call charges I had never outright mentioned VAT which is what I meant. So I rang customer care and told them the story. I asked whether the [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 I had agreed on included VAT and was told that It was. If she said no then I would of opted out within the cooling off period but I went away happy with my confirmed [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 for 6 months and [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]56 for the next 6, all was well in the world of Colm.

This evening I opened a bill from eircom, expecting to see an amount of 6 or 7 euro  ( [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 - [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]30 credit + 2 or so for calls), only to see the amount of [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]90.15 owed. I got 12.20 for using my own modem and have after all been charged VAT of 16.35. I tried ringing customer care but 40 minutes is all that I could bare listening to the same maroon 5 song. I switched from Vodafone to save money but now it looks like I wasted my time. Sorry if I I'm not explaining my self very well. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Column_c wrote: »
    Hi, I rang eircom customer care a month ago to inquire about prices for broadband and landline. The operator that I spoke to told me that there was a bundle for returning customers of [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 for the first 6 months and then [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]56 for the next 6. She told me that because I was keeping my modem I would get a [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]30 credit on my first bill. I asked a number of times whether [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 would be all that I'd have to pay besides any call charges. She clearly said that it would. She never mentioned anything about connection charges and when it wasn't mentioned I never asked. I might be a bit behind on this type of thing. Is it common knowledge? I agreed to the terms and she read off her list of things for me to agree to and I left the phone call happy with my [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 euro for 6 months! 

The next day, It dawned on me that even though I had asked whether [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 would be all that I would have to pay before call charges I had never outright mentioned VAT which is what I meant. So I rang customer care and told them the story. I asked whether the [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 I had agreed on included VAT and was told that It was. If she said no then I would of opted out within the cooling off period but I went away happy with my confirmed [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 for 6 months and [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]56 for the next 6, all was well in the world of Colm.

This evening I opened a bill from eircom, expecting to see an amount of 6 or 7 euro  ( [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]35 - [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]30 credit + 2 or so for calls), only to see the amount of [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€[/font]90.15 owed. I got 12.20 for using my own modem and have after all been charged VAT of 16.35. I tried ringing customer care but 40 minutes is all that I could bare listening to the same maroon 5 song. I switched from Vodafone to save money but now it looks like I wasted my time. Sorry if I I'm not explaining my self very well. 
    Hi Column_c

I am just looking at this. If you send me a PM with your account number I will check that the correct bundle discounts have been applied as it does sound high.

In relation to your first bill, please have a look also at the following information contained in this link. Though you are billed in advance each month for service, on the first bill you are also charged for service from the date of connection to the date of the bill - in other words there is a backdating effect on the first bill.

First Bill

I can also confirm all residential prices are quoted including VAT

In relation to the modem promotion credit it looks like this will be credited to you over two bills( I accept this should have been explained by Sales agent) 12.20 & 23% vat x 2 months = €30.

Feel free though as I say to PM me the account no. and I will check discounts etc have been applied.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement