Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Anti Crime page setup gone downhill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

jayboi wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a copy of the Big Issue my usual supplier has disappeared...

Should not be laughing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

You should post up as many details as possible of the incidents. People need to know everything.

Absolutely 100% with your points made.

Its actually getting funny when people from Wexford and Dublin go on Facebook and try argue against people who live on the same street. Apparently there organising a bus from Dublin to come down and tell us the real truth.

Will they leave seats empty and bring them home with them? I dont think so.

The main person who organised tomorrows protest is a Wexford lad, it was only a few weeks ago he was protesting down around Ballytruckle outside a refugee centre, when they were protesting with banners claiming alleged child abuse.

10703971_10204065299986994_1653835205882379590_n_zps0fc6f8c2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

The aggressive, organised begging you see anytime you visit the centre of Waterford is something that never would been have seen a few years ago.
    It's twice as bad when there's an event on in the city, you can't walk around without being harassed.

Oh and they happen to be Roma. If these are the same people then it's not really surprising things have come to a head.

S.O wrote: »
    The main person who organised tomorrows protest is a Wexford lad, it was only a few weeks ago he was protesting down around Ballytruckle outside a refugee centre, when they were protesting with banners claiming alleged child abuse.

Who was doing what?

DubVelo wrote: »
    The aggressive, organised begging you see anytime you visit the centre of Waterford is something that never would been have seen a few years ago.
    It's twice as bad when there's an event on in the city, you can't walk around without being harassed.

Oh and they happen to be Roma. If these are the same people then it's not really surprising things have come to a head.

The worst part is that they split up the areas and then push off the beggars who are not there by choice, who genuinely need someones spare change and do not have a house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

Who was doing what?

This happened to be one of the placards at the protest at the refugee centre down by Ballytruckle.

1901280_10204065293546833_2965898774165583478_n_zpsa465814e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

kupus wrote: »
    Why dont the anti anti supporters instead of paying the usual lip service of organising a march actually do something.

Oh I dont know just off the top of my head.......Something like inviting the displaced roma into your own family homes. THere seems to be stabilize support among you, if each of you take one or two from this group then you can educate them and they can certainly educate you, so it will work both ways.

I'm not a racist therefore I should adopt a person?........huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The core issue so far has been members of the public finally standing up to the Roma Criminals. Those on the opposite side want the behavior of the Roma to continue

There's some amount of idiocy on this thread, as there was on the streets of Waterford the other day, but that takes the biscuit.

"If you're not threatening to burn down houses and breaking windows then you support crime" :rolleyes:

And how long has this been going on?

They have been living there I think about six months now, the trouble started when they moved in but they have started getting much worse lately, I dont know why.

They have been living there I think about six months now, the trouble started when they moved in but they have started getting much worse lately, I dont know why.

Some of the group have been in Waterford for years and left it at hassling, rose selling and allegedly petty theft.

• Advertisement

Some of the group have been in Waterford for years and left it at hassling, rose selling and allegedly petty theft.

I know but they have assaulted a good few people on my street in the past few weeks among other things. They are dangerous and I want them off my street being honest. I look forward to walking down to Centra on Johns Street and not fearing for my life.

I know but they have assaulted a good few people on my street in the past few weeks among other things. They are dangerous and I want them off my street being honest. I look forward to walking down to Centra on Johns Street and not fearing for my life.

I know, I'm just trying to give some of the posters from elsewhere a bit of perspective ie. Romas didn't move in and Waterford decided that they'd protest that. People got attacked and robbed leading to protests outside the gangs house.

I know, I'm just trying to give some of the posters from elsewhere a bit of perspective ie. Romas didn't move in and Waterford decided that they'd protest that. People got attacked and robbed leading to protests outside the gangs house.

Yeah I could be wrong but I think there is a Roma family also living on this street who haven't caused trouble and there was no one at their door protesting. You would have to wonder why there is protests outsides these particular peoples houses and not other peoples really. Manor street has a huge amount of non Irish in it and they dont seem to get people protesting outside their doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

You should post up as many details as possible of the incidents. People need to know everything.

Absolutely 100% with your points made.

Its actually getting funny when people from Wexford and Dublin go on Facebook and try argue against people who live on the same street. Apparently there organising a bus from Dublin to come down and tell us the real truth.

Will they leave seats empty and bring them home with them? I dont think so.
    I wonder what it's like to have Roma people living in the same city as you? You know, since there are none up here in Dublin or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Racists me backside, those particular Roma were causing nothing but trouble, the Garda were down talking to them on plenty of occasions and yet they continued to cause trouble, not only that, but they got worse because they realised the law couldn't touch them.

Fair play to anyone who was involved in the protest. May not have been the most politically correct/lawful approach but it got results.

It worked in Limerick against criminals such as the Dundons and others when people finally had enough and stood up to them. The crime rate dropped considerably when the criminals were forced out and the same proactive approach could be done in Waterford.

The Roma community in Waterford is small but the problems they are creating is widespread in the city and has now come to a head. You seem keen to protect their behavior by trying to divert the problem to an ethnicity issue. Can you put forward solutions to deal with the criminal activity of the Roma community in Waterford or is the best you can do is try to make this a race issue.
    You mean the Dundons who were dealt with by the criminal justice system and are now behind bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

so how come the protestors didnt go up to ballybeg and protest at the house of the crime familes up there afterwards??
    they sell drugs, beat up innocent people, rob peoples houses, terrorise the neighbourhood...
    they do a hell of a lot worse stuff than the Romma's

I am not supporting the romma's they need to be dealt with...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Billy86 wrote: »
    You mean the Dundons who were dealt with by the criminal justice system and are now behind bars?
    there not all behind bars, they scattered across the country!!! one is living in new ross and another living in cobh and driving taxi's down there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

there not all behind bars, they scattered across the country!!! one is living in new ross and another living in cobh and driving taxi's down there!!!

As far as I know there are 4 dundons.

3 Behind bars for separate murders and one in England.

I wonder what it's like to have Roma people living in the same city as you? You know, since there are none up here in Dublin or anything.

Going from your earlier comments I;m not sure whether you're being serious

they sure are though according to the independent
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/upsurge-in-thefts-as-pickpocket-gangs-settle-in-for-tourist-season-30354935.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

The public protesting and marching to their door resulted in special criminal powers plus extra enforcement to put them away. Was that race motivated aswell or should the roma criminals do as they like with your support.

The public protesting and marching to their door resulted in special criminal powers plus extra enforcement to put them away. Was that race motivated aswell or should the roma criminals do as they like with your support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

I noticed the Gardai armed response unit driving around the city today. Is it related to this Roma story or something else? If so it's a bit OTT

So what's the name or names of the Roma families everyone wants out now? I'm asking because I haven't seen their names anywhere, all I've seen is "Roma out".

So what's the name or names of the Roma families everyone wants out now? I'm asking because I haven't seen their names anywhere, all I've seen is "Roma out".

Would you like to join them in their organisation. I still havent heard any solutions from you to deal with their behaviour, still focusing on making race the issue while ignoring their actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

6781 wrote: »
    I noticed the Gardai armed response unit driving around the city today. Is it related to this Roma story or something else? If so it's a bit OTT

They are based in Waterford as far as i know and i see them around the town most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭High-Tower

Would you like to join them in their organisation. I still havent heard any solutions from you to deal with their behaviour, still focusing on making race the issue while ignoring their actions.

I like the cut of your jib !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Glad to see the people of Waterford protesting against this, everyone knows the guards will do nothing.
    I see Primetime on t.v have taken the side of the roma, what a surprise:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

robtri wrote: »
    so how come the protestors didnt go up to ballybeg and protest at the house of the crime familes up there afterwards??

bit of a long walk I guess.

robtri wrote: »
    they sell drugs, beat up innocent people, rob peoples houses, terrorise the neighbourhood...
    they do a hell of a lot worse stuff than the Romma's

The thing is, a lot of people from all parts of the city pass through the Manor street area whereas Ballybeg problems are largely limited to Ballybeg and affect a smaller section of the population of the city.

• Advertisement

Glad to see the people of Waterford protesting against this, everyone knows the guards will do nothing.
    I see Primetime on t.v have taken the side of the roma, what a surprise:rolleyes:

That sickened me that they tried to portray the Roma family as a poor family who got attacked purely cause of their race. No mention of that families actions like robbing, assault, drug dealing and much more. Lazy journalism is all it was its easy to take the side of the Roma and act as if they did nothing. People are trying to make it a race issue when its not about that at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement