Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Anti Crime page setup gone downhill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Seamus o Brien will be on Ireland am along with a solicitor for Roma gypsies wonder who pays for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

If you know nothing of the crimes i guess you will think its racism.... but if you know some details on this gang you may beleive its right to show some sort of protest towards them peaceful of course as the gaurds do nothing in this city imo , i find it very funny how so many just jump on the racist card without even hearing any stories ... i wonder if they were attacked on the way home from work by the gang and robbed would those people still be so happy to protect them ...

Listening to the 2 angels talking on primetime would make your heart melt if you didnt know of how bad they really were .... but i guess some will be fooled .

Lets see how many turn up at a protest weds evening in support of this criminal gang , the gang/family will be doing some laughing at the irish then i tell ye... then it all dies down and the crime spree continues .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

drumswan wrote: »
    They didnt come together to target a particular race though...

But they aren't targeted because of their race. They are because of their behaviour. It's all too easy for any ethnic group be it travellers/Romas etc to blatantly carry on as criminals and operate as they wish. Dare anyone challenge them in anyway then the 'racist' or 'discrimination' card is played. Then all the bleeding hearts jump on the bandwagon & it's all about the poor Travellers/Romas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

Seamus o Brien will be on Ireland am along with a solicitor for Roma gypsies wonder who pays for that

Seamus doesn,t even live in Waterford, yet he acting as a self appointed spokesperson for an area he doesn,t reside in, he has contested both the general election + local election in Wexford and got very little few votes each time- maybe an Ideal solution would be to move these people involved in anti social behavior down to Wexford next door to Seamus and see how he might like putting up with crime by a foreign gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

This is political correctness gone mad

Citizens should have a right to a peaceful protest, irrespective of the race of the person/people/issue they are protesting against - as far as I can see, it was peaceful until some couple of muppets joined in and broke a few windows

Primetime were quick to document who was living in the house targetted, but it failed to provide a breakdown of their occupations and criminal history

Justice system is this country is a joke - the amount of crime being committed by persons out on bail (ignoring race)is absolutely shocking

There are mass protests about water charges when in fact there should be mass protests about the justice system - crime needs to be punished with hard time, not a suspended sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

They didnt come together to target a particular race though...

When did Romas become a race???

Aside from that, what do they actually contribute? I've never seen one actually working

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What did the Romans ever do for us anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

A protest against a criminal gang sounds worse than a criminal gang beating someone up and robbing them?

Hmmm, put it this way. These news stories aren't exactly going to do anything positive for Waterford's reputation, image and profile. Racially motivated marches by vigilante groups, attracting a rent-a-mob that UKIP would be proud of, on people's houses, are not really the kind of thing a confident, civilized, cosmopolitan, attractive city encourages.

Is this what Waterford wants to advertise and be proud of? No wonder the city is suffering and declining - if this is possibly the only piece of national profile it will get all year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

I guess this thread is an example of what happens after you have a brain drain in an area over the course of many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

mire wrote: »
    Hmmm, put it this way. These news stories aren't exactly going to do anything positive for Waterford's reputation, image and profile.!

Do you think the people terrorised on Manor street give a **** about Waterfords reputation at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

mire wrote: »
    Hmmm, put it this way. These news stories aren't exactly going to do anything positive for Waterford's reputation, image and profile. Racially motivated marches by vigilante groups, attracting a rent-a-mob that UKIP would be proud of, on people's houses, are not really the kind of thing a confident, civilized, cosmopolitan, attractive city encourages.

Is this what Waterford wants to advertise and be proud of? No wonder the city is suffering and declining - if this is possibly the only piece of national profile it will get all year!

The first protest against crime in the City for decades and this is why Waterford is declining?

Probably the only attention Waterford gets from RTE but that doesn't mean we should be happy to be attacked in our own streets. This gets more attention than the treatment of WIT or the degrading of the hospital and closure of wards. We have a unit in the hospital donated and cant be used because the HSE deigns that Waterford should have understaffed radiography unit, and a protest is the reason??? Waterford Crystal production being moved to other countries and the protest is the reason?

Protesting crime has nothing to do with what the UKIP do.

So how many are going to the anti racists protest outside the roma family home this evening? I suppose the buses from outside of Waterford city will be jam packed!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Amazing how all the anti racism protesters or whatever don't seem to live near any Roma! A large portion of the Roma in Waterford are criminals, see them every day around Red Square begging for money and harassing people, they never appear to send any of the kids to school to actually improve themselves so they can contribute, I don't agree with people being attacked but this left wing bull**** gets on my nerves, i say to anyone who defends these criminals if you think the Roma are so great go live near them because within a week your tune would be very much changed toward them.

The reason people don't protest outside Irish criminal's houses is quite simple, you can't get rid of the Irish criminals but the Roma their not Irish and should be deported, each country has to deal with criminals but we shouldn't have to deal with criminals who aren't Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

When did Romas become a race???

They're an ethnicity. Race is just a social construct, it doesn't have any scientific basis, so these so-called "races" don't actually exist.
    Aside from that, what do they actually contribute? I've never seen one actually working

Selling the Big Issue is the only time I've seen them do anything other than begging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

The stupidity in this thread and on the Waterford FB pages actually hurts. As if Waterford didnt have a bad enough reputation without you troglodytes spewing your embarrassing nonsense all over the internet.

You'll all be on a thread next week wondering why some Multinational Corporation passed Waterford over for a new site, without any sense of irony whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

That older chap on Primetime washes cars for money so technically hes working and claiming if he is claiming.

Exactly, and does he have insurance, tax etc?... because if I wanted to start a business washing cars I would immediately encounter such overheads. Heck I would probably have to pay for the water and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

The stupidity in this thread and on the Waterford FB pages actually hurts. As if Waterford didnt have a bad enough reputation without you troglodytes spewing your embarrassing nonsense all over the internet.

You'll all be on a thread next week wondering why some Multinational Corporation passed Waterford over for a new site, without any sense of irony whatsoever.

Yea I suppose you are right, I can see why a multinational would want to set up shop in Waterford and have all their high rolling executives harassed by organised beggers every time they stroll down the town to get a mocha latte.

A watertight argument there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

A large portion of the Roma in Waterford are criminals
    Even better, they're organised criminals. Here's what I saw in Dublin last week: some guy with a bright-coloured jacket from a business organisation films a Roma beggar sitting in the street holding a paper cup. He then makes a phone call and soon a Garda car arrives. They grab the cup from his hand, drag the beggar into the car, and drive off.

Any idea on numbers who turned out for protest against waterford racists???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's a direct link between those who tend to blame single minority groups for all their woes and a lack of education, so you may well be right there.

I'd be embarrassed at this stage if I was from the town or even county. Not because of the so called 'protests' but because of the majority of people from the area that seem to think it's the logical answer regarding the issue of criminality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Where do they actually get money apart from Begging? Do they get social welfare?

That older chap on Prime Time that aggressively begs in town. Does he get Welfare? Anyone seen him around the welfare office?

Apparently this was said at the anti racism march tonight - by the organiser.

"The Roma people do not receive any social welfare benefits and they are not entitled to work it is understandable that they steal. When the Irish emigrated in the 1800's they survived by stealing"
    jo06555 wrote: »
    Any idea on numbers who turned out for protest against waterford racists???

Damien Tiernan tweeted that about 50 people were there.

B1Ii95dIgAAc66T.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Thought it was strange today when I left city square by the Peter st exit, there were not a beggar to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I see from that photo the usual suspects are there shoving their noses in the spotlight, the same people who were protesting in Ferrybank regarding the water charges. They really do love getting out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

obezyana wrote: »
    I see from that photo the usual suspects are there shoving their noses in the spotlight, the same people who were protesting in Ferrybank regarding the water charges. They really do love getting out and about.

Please provide some proof !!!
    Please.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    [/B]

Please provide some proof !!!
    Please.........

Take a look at the pic the guy holding the banner (with the cap and glasses)he is one of the guys that was at some of the protests in Ferrybank he is well known for getting involved in things like this. I don't stalk them or have other pics of him on me personally but i do remember his face from videos and pictures on Facebook when all those protests were happening and he isnt even from that area as far as i remember he lives in Ballybeg or he used to. I also know him when i encountered him in one of my previous jobs where he was protesting outside with the others that seem to tag along with him on things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

"The Roma people do not receive any social welfare benefits and they are not entitled to work it is understandable that they steal. When the Irish emigrated in the 1800's they survived by stealing"

If that was said that is shocking, and no they didn't. Even if they went to areas like Australlia as convicts they were given stipends of land if they wanted it when they finished their work, some preferred to turn down the offer in favour of regular work with regular pay. Generally they would then pay for their family to move out there if the courts hadn't already paid for their trip.

Damien Tiernan tweeted that about 50 people were there.

B1Ii95dIgAAc66T.jpg:large

Was this really said??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

jo06555 wrote: »
    Was this really said??

I wasn't there myself but from the comments on the various facebook pages a lot of people are confirming that he said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

obezyana wrote: »
    Id hazard a guess they do get social welfare payments. Sure doesn't all of the immigrants get payments (if they apply) when they get here. They probably get more than most Irish could hope to get.

Clearly you havent a clue what you are talking about. Immigrants do not automatically get social welfare. They are are assessed under the habitual residence condition.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement