Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Anti Crime page setup gone downhill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Clearly you havent a clue what you are talking about. Immigrants do not automatically get social welfare. They are are assessed under the habitual residence condition.

Yeah but its alright for them to steal coz, like, you know and stuff. Irish abroad in the 1800's you know what i mean like, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

. When the Irish emigrated in the 1800's they survived by stealing"

If he said that then he the biggest clown I've come across and ive been to Duffys.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

A few posts have been removed and some users have been warned or infracted for inappropriate or trollish comments,

Thread re-opened, however sweeping statements are not acceptable

I direct everyone to the Waterford charter - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054993567

If you feel the need to go insulting the travelling community in Waterford, certain areas of Waterford, or certain people in Waterford (Add your own minorities to this list), whether it be using derogatory terms, insults, slurs, or the like, please expect a swift banning from the forum. We will notify you when your ban is to be up. (See "Note 2" for clarification)

Unless criminal charges have been filed against an individual or individuals that any claims of crimes are alleged, regardless of if you like it or not anyone in this country is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Some people appear to be forgetting this important part of our justice system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone going to the protest this evening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 liminal

A series of violent crimes have been committed and the victims can identify those responsible. Surely the perpetrators should be arrested and refused bail, as releasing them back onto the streets will lead to more violent crimes. By not doing this gardai and the justice system are failing society, which means surely they are the ones who deserve an angry mob to force them to change their ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

protest were have u a link to confirm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

shebzie wrote: »
    protest were have u a link to confirm

Its on facebook that there is a protest outside the Garda barracks at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Cabaal wrote: »
    Some people appear to be forgetting this important part of our justice system.

What justice system?:rolleyes:

Its on facebook that there is a protest outside the Garda barracks at 6pm

Folks this is not about the cops. Believe it or not the cops are doing their jobs.
    YOu are directing the protest at the wrong group.
    I have no problem putting the boot into cops if i think they deserve it, but in this one ye're wrong.

You need to protest at the courts. Its the judges and lawyers that are fueling this justice industry travesty. Free legal aid bs means repeat business. Repeat business means a good business. A 22 yr old with 98 convictions means a lot of police work, but its worth more in the pocket of a lawyer. SHhhure the state is paying for it. WHat does the lawyer care. Isnt he entitled to it. He went to school dont ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Would have to agree 100% there.
    We've had to have the Gardai out over over a few things the past couple of years in two different places and each time found them brilliant. I'd say a lot of them are frustrated themselves.

Courts are a joke.

Thieving scumbags treat them as a joke, and sure if you're from a well-off family, GAA etc you can buy your way out of being a thug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Have the police been presented with any evidence of all the crimes the Roma have(allegedly) committed? CC TV, witness statements etc?

I know people feel that the cops are doing nothing, but unless they have evidence it's just one individuals word against another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Clearly you havent a clue what you are talking about. Immigrants do not automatically get social welfare. They are are assessed under the habitual residence condition.

That is why I said I hazard a guess.

Have the police been presented with any evidence of all the crimes the Roma have(allegedly) committed? CC TV, witness statements etc?

I know people feel that the cops are doing nothing, but unless they have evidence it's just one individuals word against another.

Too simplistic an outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

7upfree wrote: »
    Too simplistic an outlook.

Too simplistic for those who tend towards forming lynch mobs, anyway.

Too simplistic for those who tend towards forming lynch mobs, anyway.

Typical comment really. The dogs in the street know what's going on. The judicial system is apparently unable to deal with it. So I would safely say the reason for your "mob". You're obviously unaffected by any of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Roma is also a city in Italy. That is my valuable contribution for today. Good day folks !

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Roma is also a city in Italy. That is my valuable contribution for today. Good day folks !

its also a take away if ya want to add that to your list ya smart arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

Last thursday morning on wlr joan quirke went on the show talking about the Incident on manor street saying it was racism etc- this past saturday when she took the microphone to speak at the anti water charges rally she could only speak for about 5 seconds cuz she was booed out of it by a good portion of people; i think its safe to say that joan didnt do herself any favours by publicily placing the race card regarding the manor street incident.

The judicial system industry is apparently unable unwilling to deal with it..
    FYP:pac:

The idea of a system in my mind and what i practice is one that can be altered to suit outside influences at any given time.

This monopolized judicial industry is one that does not have to change.........and like all monopolized industries...why should they kill the golden goose?

S.O wrote: »
    Last thursday morning on wlr joan quirke went on the show talking about the Incident on manor street saying it was racism etc- this past saturday when she took the microphone to speak at the anti water charges rally she could only speak for about 5 seconds cuz she was booed out of it by a good portion of people; i think its safe to say that joan didnt do herself any favours by publicily placing the race card regarding the manor street incident.

To be honest, the whole "racist" thing is flogged to death. A fantasy. Certainly in this City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

wellboytoo wrote: »

Ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Typical comment really. The dogs in the street know what's going on. The judicial system is apparently unable to deal with it. So I would safely say the reason for your "mob". You're obviously unaffected by any of it.

Had a quick read of last weeks News and Star today, there was a court report of a roma woman from the Manor given a suspended sentance for aggressive begging, so yeah the judges basically give them a free pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Had a quick read of last weeks News and Star today, there was a court report of a roma woman from the Manor given a suspended sentance for aggressive begging, so yeah the judges basically give them a free pass.

sure look it...begging in itself is harmless....if it was over the begging the peotest was held....it would have very little public support

this was effectively a criminal gang engaged in muggings and burgulary on a fairly wide scale....can there be many who are around the town on a sat night who don't know of at least one person not mugged by them....I know of a case was caufht on camera (assuming the new camers they put in are working)....chap went to the guard with black eye....not a thing could be done aparently

I rest my case.

sure look it...begging in itself is harmless....if it was over the begging the peotest was held....it would have very little public support

this was effectively a criminal gang engaged in muggings and burgulary on a fairly wide scale....can there be many who are around the town on a sat night who don't know of at least one person not mugged by them....I know of a case was caufht on camera (assuming the new camers they put in are working)....chap went to the guard with black eye....not a thing could be done aparently

Not that it couldn't be done. This is laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Does a suspended sentence not kick in if you get charged again?

Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Not until your convictions reach the the mid 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

liminal wrote: »
    A series of violent crimes have been committed and the victims can identify those responsible. Surely the perpetrators should be arrested and refused bail, as releasing them back onto the streets will lead to more violent crimes. By not doing this gardai and the justice system are failing society, which means surely they are the ones who deserve an angry mob to force them to change their ways.

It's already answered above, but just to re-iterate, the Gardaí have no say in the court proceedings. The Judge has the decision. The Gardaí have, and still do, attempt to get bail refused for a lot of criminals, but it rarely happens. There are also very strict criteria for refusing bail. Bail will not be refused unless there is a very high probability that the suspect is either going to disappear, or that there is proof that they are likely to commit another offence. Unfortunately, previous convictions do not appear to be proof enough, as if they did, every career criminal would have bail refused. So it makes it quite hard to have someone remanded in custody until the next hearing. But, again, it's the Judges decision, not the Gardaí's.
    Not that it couldn't be done. This is laziness.

And you have proof of this? Someone makes a post (which is basically hearsay) which alludes to the Gardaí not doing anything, yet fails to give specific details of the incident, and you automatically assume it's laziness. Says more about you and your opinion of the Gardaí, which everyone on here knows that you have some sort of grudge. But, keep jumping to conclusions.
    Does a suspended sentence not kick in if you get charged again?

Anyone know?

It should, but again, Judges decision. It doesn't happen that often, and it would want to be a fairly serious offence to have been committed while on bail for a suspended sentence to kick in. It's crazy, but it's all down to politics, money and lack of prisons/spaces in prisons.

And as for committing another offence while on bail, from my 8 years of experience with the courts, 99% of people on bail who commit another crime, still get bail. The 1% who don't are the seriously violent criminals, not your typical burglar, thief or robber, who seem to get unlimited chances at bail.

• Advertisement

And you have proof of this? Someone makes a post (which is basically hearsay) which alludes to the Gardaí not doing anything, yet fails to give specific details of the incident, and you automatically assume it's laziness. Says more about you and your opinion of the Gardaí, which everyone on here knows that you have some sort of grudge. But, keep jumping to conclusions.

My friend, I had the highest of respect for An Garda Síochána, until they showed up in their baseball hats at Railway Square. It quickly evaporated once I saw video evidence of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement