Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irelands Dole Cheats

• 16-10-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just watching this program on 3e Ireland's Dole Cheats making me so angry all these people cheating the system makes me sick, what do others think about this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

How much do these "cheats" cost the taxpayer? I'm guessing maybe a few million euro.
    How many BILLIONS are politicians, bankers and certain business men costing us?

A word of advice would be direct your "anger" at the real cause of an ineffective over bureaucratic broken system and the people in power that make it not work.

I'm not watching that show btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

red dave wrote: »
    How much do these "cheats" cost the taxpayer? I'm guessing maybe a few million euro.
    How many BILLIONS are politicians, bankers and certain business men costing us?

A word of advice would be direct your "anger" at the real cause of an ineffective over bureaucratic broken system and the people in power that make it not work.

I'm not watching that show btw.

So true, Tax Evasion costs the economy 8 to 10 times more than Social Welfare fraud does as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭lertsnim

collette22 wrote: »
    Just watching this program on 3e Ireland's Dole Cheats making me so angry all these people cheating the system makes me sick, what do others think about this

Burn all social welfare recipients OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

So true, Tax Evasion costs the economy 8 to 10 times more than Social Welfare fraud does as well.

And it costs about 15x more than made up stats pulled out of yer arse do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Inquitus wrote: »
    And it costs about 15x more than made up stats pulled out of yer arse do!

Irish Examiner article from a couple of years ago, amount of Social Welfare fraud that people were caught for in the ten year period up to 2009 was 43 million. The amount revenue recooped in Tax Evasion fraud was 2.56 billion but the true cost of tax evasion in this ten year period is estimated to be more like 7.6 billion.
    I didn't pull anything out of me arse lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The programme is a repeat from a few years ago?

The so called journalist on them TV3 programmes is comically bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

collette22 wrote: »
    ah 3E, the last bastion of fair-minded reporting :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

The fact that people watch drivel like this and encourage tv3 to show more of it makes me sick.

Advertisement