Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrycarrig 5 Five Mile Road Race 4 January 2015

Options
  • 16-10-2014 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

The 2015 version of the Ferrycarrig 5 Five Mile Road Road will take place on Sunday 4 January 2015 at 12.00 Noon.

In 2013 we had 320 Runners and Walkers and in 2014 we had approx 400.

The race is over the same course as last year and will be run from the same venue, ferrycarrig Park, home of Wexford Youths FC

· Friendly for walkers and runners alike
    · Substantial prize list
    · Chip timing
    · AAI registered course
    · Flat course, sheltered in places.
    · Goody bag
    · Race memento – (T shirt, Hat or similar)
    · Good food afterwards
    · Well supervised course
    · Plenty of off-road parking
    · Showers and changing facilities
    · All funds raised go to fantastic community facility
    · On line entry or by entry form

Entry will be open soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

The Arachas Ferrycarrig 5 Five Mile Road Race is open!

www.active.com or www.runireland.com

http://www.runireland.com/events/ferrycarrig-5-five-mile-road-race

https://www.facebook.com/Ferrycarrig5 Have a look and give it a like to keep up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Excellent stuff. Will be signing up for this later!

A month to go to the race. With Christmas in between it will be on us soon.

A few things to mention:

1) Arachas Ferrycarrig 5 Corporate Challenge

Arachas Ferrycarrig 5 Five Mile Road Race is delighted to announce its new Corporate Challenge. Companies and organisations are invited to enter teams where the first four to finish made up of two ladies and two men will compete for the Corporate Trophy. The team is not limited to four, but the first four (2 Ladies, 2 men) score.

This corporate competition is run separate to the existing team competitions which are still important elements of the race.

2) Race Memento

The first 200 entries in will receive the Arachas Ferrycarrig 5 Technical top.

3) Gift Voucher.

If you want to give someone a stocking filler, enter for them on www.active.com, email us at ferrycarrig5@gmail.com with your address and we will post out a seasonal voucher to put in the sock!!

The race is over the same course as last year and will be run from the same venue, Ferrycarrig Park, home of Wexford Youths FC

· Chip timing
    · AAI registered course
    · Fast course
    · Goody bag
    · Technical top (for on line entries while stocks last)
    · Good food afterwards
    · Well supervised course
    · Plenty of off-road parking in tarmac car parks
    · Showers and changing facilities
    · All funds raised go to fantastic community facility
    · On line entry or by entry form (mail ferrycarrig5@gmail.com for form)

Entry on www.active.com or by emailing ferrycarrig5@gmail.com for an entry form

Prize List:

Female Male
    Winner €200.00 €200.00 Cash
    Winner's Time Bonus €100.00 €100.00 Cash
    Second €100.00 €100.00 Cash
    Third €50.00 €50.00 Cash
    Fourth €40.00 €40.00 Cash
    Vet O/40 €40.00 €40.00 Cash
    Vet O/50 €40.00 €40.00 Cash
    Vet O/60 €40.00 €40.00 Cash
    Teams (3) €120.00 €120.00 Mysport Voucher
    Junior €30.00 €30.00 Mysport Voucher

* Time Bonus - Times to beat - Men - Mick Clohisey 2014 - 24:30, Ladies - Jackie Carty, 2013 - 29:43

Some problems again with www.active.com.

If you want to register go direct with this link and should be no problem:

http://www.active.com/wexford-leinster/running/distance-running-races/arachas-ferrycarrig-5-five-mile-road-race-2015?int=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Fantastic race, really enjoyed this last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Anyone got any recommendations for a 9-day 5m training plan for someone who's been very lazy lately but got a race entry for Christmas?

Impressive present!!

Get out and run over the next few days and take it easy Friday/ Saturday. You'll get around!! At the end there will be plenty of recovery food waiting for you...

A quick note on clubs/teams on www.active.com:

At the bottom the form when entering you will be given three options:

No team
    Join a team
    Create a team

If you want to enter on a team click "join a team".

If your team does not appear on the menu click "create a team" below the menu and enter your team name. If you are the first from your team or club you will become the team captain (only for active.com's purpose). Next club member will then click "join a team".

If you enter/ have entered and have not joined a team just let us know by emailing us at ferrycarrig5@gmail.com with your team and we will add you to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Signed up. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Me too, sure why not when it's practically on the doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Hi Podge,

What is the craic with registration, getting chip etc, presume on the morning, near the start area?

Checked emails/facebook and can't find details - apologies if I've missed it somewhere....

Thanks

whelzer wrote: »
    Hi Podge,

What is the craic with registration, getting chip etc, presume on the morning, near the start area?

Checked emails/facebook and can't find details - apologies if I've missed it somewhere....

Thanks

Information emails will be sent out on Thursday with everything on it. To summarize though, number, chip, tech top and goody bag etc pick up Saturday 2.00 to 4.00 at venue or on Sunday Morning before Race.

Hi Podge,

Sorry another quick question - the info email states that something needs to be signed at number pickup. I had hoped to get a mate to pick my number tomorrow as I live in Dublin. Is this allowed?

Thanks

whelzer wrote: »
    Hi Podge,

Sorry another quick question - the info email states that something needs to be signed at number pickup. I had hoped to get a mate to pick my number tomorrow as I live in Dublin. Is this allowed?

Thanks

That'll be no problem. Enjoy the race. See you Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Only spotted this now. Good luck to all racing in the morning.

Got the pack today. My first running event in 2 years. If you see me laid out on the road, leave me to the professionals:p.

On Line registration closed now.

If you are registering in the morning, registration will be available from 9.30am until 11.00am. Entry at the venue is €20.00. If you are registering tomorrow, please get there early to avoid any delays. Remember that when registration closes we must finalise start list with timing company.

The Chip provided fits on the ankle. Full directions on how to use them will be given in the race briefing tomorrow just before the start.

Good luck to all running and hope to chat to a few of you.

Looking like a nice day for it. Bring it on!

Back home after a great race. Thanks to all involved!

Fun was had, some Boardsies (UpThe19th & Oryx) were met & chatted to, 75s pb was had (70s pb for Mrs D), much food was had afterwards. Well organised again - flawless in fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I agree. A fine event, well organised. A nice route and great facilities provided. Lovely conditions for running were the icing on the cake.

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Fun was had, some Boardsies (UpThe19th & Oryx) were met & chatted to, 75s pb was had (70s pb for Mrs D), much food was had afterwards. Well organised again - flawless in fact.

+1. Great event. Congrats to all involved. Got a PB too, so happy days. Met a few new boardsies and a few auld ones.

Nice final kick by the way D75, the smile was a particularly nice touch.....(fecker:D)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Lovely to have a great race just around the corner from me. A grand day out, well organised!

Thanks for the comments - they mean a lot.

The Committee putting on the race work hard at trying to put on a good race. Although it is a fundraiser, the race is planned with the participants in mind, keeping them informed in the lead up and treating them well on the day - there's no point in putting on an event otherwise!!

Anyway, I've retaken possession of the inside of my car and will be getting my own training back on track now that the race is out of the way I won't know what to do with myself - oh sh1t, back to work tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    I had hoped to run this, but was sick, so was cheering just past the 3 mile mark instead. Shouted out to two boards.ie tops! hope you all had a good race!

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I had hoped to run this, but was sick, so was cheering just past the 3 mile mark instead. Shouted out to two boards.ie tops! hope you all had a good race!

Thanks HelenAnne! Myself and UpThe19th were within about 20m of each other at that stage (were you on the bend off the n25?) and I was feeling the pressure by then - and we ended up about 5s apart at the end. Great race. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Would like to echo all the above comments. Great race, pretty tough route in the end for me. Xmas splurges catching up. The spread afterwards was unreal. As for the tech top, organiser's of a certain series of dublin races take note, these are quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

upthe19th wrote: »
    +1. Great event. Congrats to all involved. Got a PB too, so happy days. Met a few new boardsies and a few auld ones.

It was nice to meet a fellow boardsie today even if it was a just a brief hello.
    well done on your PB.

this was my first 5 mile race so a Pb was guaranteed,
    i have to say i was very happy with my time of 33:35.

well done to the organizers of what is a great race.

HelenAnne wrote: »

Just about heard that shout out over my body's alarm bells hammering and warning lights flashing.

Appreciated it, thanks, gave me a nice little lift. Hope you're back on the road soon.

• Advertisement

jake1970 wrote: »
    It was nice to meet a fellow boardsie today even if it was a just a brief hello.
    well done on your PB.

this was my first 5 mile race so a Pb was guaranteed,
    i have to say i was very happy with my time of 33:35.

well done to the organizers of what is a great race.

Ah yes, I remember the username now. Thanks for the encouragement, sorry I couldn't keep with you, despite the downhill. You looked very strong. Nice first PB, well done.

Advertisement