Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course fishing

Options
  • 16-10-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I got into course fishing during the summer and think it was great but didn't go many places as didn't really no anywere worth going to .

I mostly fished the canal with a friend whenever we got the chance so I was wondering if anyone knows any decent spots with nice roch perch and big bream?

What's it like this time of year for course fishing is it still ok ?

I'm from wicklow and I do drive so somewhere not really far would like somewhere as close as possible.

If anyone can help out be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 grainne whale

What about Corkagh Park in Clondalkin, just google it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Try Carlow town, at the Rowing Club, there are plenty of Roach and Dace, and a descent head of Bream, might be getting a bit late in the season for the Bream now though. You can park safely and fish 10 yards from the car, can't get handier than that.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

hi, cheers man i will google it thanks :)

never been there man, is it canal or river? what else in it ?

It's a lake in a public park managed by Soth Dublin Co. Co.

• Advertisement

It's a lake in a public park managed by South Dublin Co. Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Gone to Shiite.
    Avoid it mate

Gone to Shiite.
    Avoid it mate

Anywere else decent anyone ? What about that place in maynooth lake lyreen ? I think it's called that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Seller159 wrote: »
    Anywere else decent anyone ? What about that place in maynooth lake lyreen ? I think it's called that lol

You'd need some good experience with course fishing to take that place on. Serious place with carp over 30 pound and one that's in it's 40s
    Not sure about the other lakes in it

i wouldn't be after the carp but i hear there is a lake with bream, roach, tench,perch in it. might be worth a go. anyone know anything about it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

has 2 other lakes,both have carp,bream etc in them,good lakes

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jimfinoc

Anybody out there tried Templehouse Lake in S Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

What would be a good general hook and float size for roach and perch? I'd be using maggots and bread etc.

jack01986 wrote: »
    What would be a good general hook and float size for roach and perch? I'd be using maggots and bread etc.

Anything from a 16 to a 24 for Roach depending on where you are fishing, and 10 to 16 for Perch again depending on where you are fishing. As for floats, an assortment of Wagglers for different conditions/casting Range would suffice.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

uch wrote: »
    Anything from a 16 to a 24 for Roach depending on where you are fishing, and 10 to 16 for Perch again depending on where you are fishing. As for floats, an assortment of Wagglers for different conditions/casting Range would suffice.

Thats great thanks for the tips.

jack01986 wrote: »
    Thats great thanks for the tips.

Learn how to tie spade end hooks also, much better presentation for Roach. Or if you can't manage to tie them by hand get a Hook Tyer (Drennan & MatchMan are good ones i've used)

21/25

Advertisement