Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start again

Options
  • 16-10-2014 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

I am after spending 5 years in college studying law and also have a masters in a law subject. Most of my college friends are either working or trying to get working in banks, Administrative work or trying to join the public sector.

I may never do this but I now have another idea in my head altogether. I would love to become a social worker. I am told that trying to get into this sector without the points is near to impossible.

So what I would have to do is do work hard for maybe 3 years to save a lot of money, do my leaving cert again, hope to get the points and then spend another 4 years in college.

Is this absolutely crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

My initial reaction is yes, it does sound a tad crazy.

Look into post-grad options, there should be a way to do an Msc or MA in the area.

However, I know absolutely nothing about social work. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

You shouldn't need the points after so many years. You should get in on mature student grounds if you are over 23 which you sound like you are.

Advertisement