Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Bomb Attack in Ballybeg

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What do people mean when they say internal ??? Intra family, intra gang, internal to who???

The general gist that I am hearing (and I have no idea if its true or false) is that a member of the firebombed family, has or is soon to give evidence against a well known criminal family and this was or is an attempt at witness intimidation. It could be aload of rubbish in fairness.

You're in the right ballpark alright, one member of a well known criminal family is giving evidence against a member of a well known criminal family, and both families are connected so thats why its internal.

This is not the first incident and probably won't be the last. Though the kids getting hurt might make people step back a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I can only assume that the family or individual is housed by the corporation & if that is the case shouldn't they be evicted from the property?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-23-charged-with-reckless-endangerment-after-firebomb-injured-three-children-30674007.html

It's nice to see that the powers of the state have requested that this person be placed in protective custody while in prison.
    T'sure wouldn't it be a tragedy if something were to happen the poor fellow, coming up to Christmas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-23-charged-with-reckless-endangerment-after-firebomb-injured-three-children-30674007.html

It's nice to see that the powers of the state have requested that this person be placed in protective custody while in prison.
    T'sure wouldn't it be a tragedy if something were to happen the poor fellow, coming up to Christmas!!!

I suppose they have to be seen to afford every prisoner the same treatment. We all know what these families are like but the courts cant see it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fedela

I heard he only got 5 years aswell... For arson! He should get life for attempted murder!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

fedela wrote: »
    I heard he only got 5 years aswell... For arson! He should get life for attempted murder!!!

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fedela

Who?

The fella who got charged

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

If only our justice system worked that fast.

The guys name is in the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The fella who got charged

How could he have been sentenced already would you mind explaining?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Some great changes going on if he was already sentenced!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

And he hasn't even been found guilty yet ...................

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

He hasn't been found guilty yet. He's been held on remand (in prison) and the Gardaí have 42 days from the date of the charge to get the file in. This will then be presented to the defence solicitor and a date will be made for hearing, which i'd imagine won't be too long because the longer it is, the longer their "client" will be in jail awaiting the court date.

Advertisement