Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch battery - Sorted

Options
  • 17-10-2014 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So I rang phonewatch about the "Low Battery" warning and how it sounded every few hours an woke me up on several occasions. They basically told me that I had to give them €350 (€200 call out €150 battery) I told them that was not acceptable And I wanted the codes. They said "We don't give them out the best you can do is call out an electrician and power down your alarm" or eff off
    So I went to the Internet and found a battery for €40 (not €150) delivered to my door. Replaced it myself (for free). Use access code same as your own arm/disarm. It came up as low battery but in the last 24hrs it has self corrected itself.

<snip>

Job done my €40 vs phonewatchs €350
    Mod edit: content removed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Well done OP, unfortunately a lot of people are taken in by their marketing strategies and are under the impression that PW are the be all and end all..
    Irish marketing companies must be falling over one another to get the PW contract.

Advertisement