Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Ireland 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I read a news item just now on the journal and it would seem there's nothing definite at the moment, about Garth Brooks coming next year.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/garth-brooks-ireland-summer-2015-rumours-1729594-Oct2014/

I read the billboard piece last week and it only mentioned the possibility of European and Australia concerts next summer.

But nothing about Ireland and nothing about July, where is all this coming from?

No news from Aiken or MCD. But then we won't find out until after the album goes on sale on November 11.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Its not going to be in the RDS, read something thats being turned into a 16000 stadium. How soon that will start and finish, I don't know.

Are they making the RDS smaller?

Are they making the RDS smaller?

No, sorry made a mistake, its a 25000 stadium. Due to start in April 2016.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/rds-to-be-redeveloped-into-25-000-capacity-stadium-1.1863031

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1017/653000-garth-brooks/
    Aiken Promotions and Garth Brooks' US representative have said there are no plans for Brooks to perform in Ireland next year.

The concert promoters released the statement after a music magazine in the United States said Brooks will "surely" play Ireland next summer.

Aiken Promotions said: "There are no plans for Garth Brooks to perform in Ireland next year."

Brooks' US representative said an Irish concert next year "would not be possible as he is touring elsewhere".

According to the report on Billboard online, the singer's current tour may overtake U2's all-time attendance record of 7.3 million people.

The article quoted unnamed music executives as saying the country singer would use matinees to bump up ticket sales and said there will be both European and Australian legs to the tour.

It went on to say Brooks will "surely" make a huge play in Ireland too.

Brooks had been due to play five concerts in Croke Park during the summer, but he pulled out when a licence was granted for only three of the shows.

here's the part of the article in question:
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/6281835/garth-brooks-breaks-his-n-american-ticket-sales-record-that-he-set-last-night

But the scope of this tour extends beyond these shores. Sources say there will be both European and Australian legs to the tour next summer, and possibly a run into South America. The ill-fated five Croke Park shows originally meant to start this cycle could have been worth $100 million in total gross, and Brooks will surely make a huge play in Ireland before all is said and done.

so basically it's a Billboard writer themselves that thinks that given how much he could have made, he'll presumably be back here at some point, which means pretty much nothing.....

the rest of the article is interesting, selling 150,000+ tickets per city at the moment and the article reckons up to 100 different US locations over 3 years may be on the cards, which would put it firmly as the biggest grossing tour in history, ahead of U2 and The Rolling Stones in 96, with Brooks himself in 3rd place from his mid-90s tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,148 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

GB management confirm Billboard article was inaccurate, no prospect of European and/or Australian legs of tour next year as his schedule is full with commitments in the United States.

/thread.

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    GB management confirm Billboard article was inaccurate, no prospect of European and/or Australian legs of tour next year as his schedule is full with commitments in the United States.

/thread.

Of course they will say all rumours are rubbish now.

We're not going to hear anything official until they're ready to announce it themselves. If its true I think they are going to wait until after the sale of the album in November. But that's just my thoughts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Dear God......not this all over again!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

cheerio. thread closed surely!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I'm very relieved that the news turned out to be false. I'm just not able for concert ticket or two right now.

How did The Star read that billboard piece and came to the conclusion that Garth Brooks was due to reappear for a gig in Dublin and for another venue around the country?

I'm very relieved that the news turned out to be false. I'm just not able for concert ticket or two right now.

How did The Star read that billboard piece and came to the conclusion that Garth Brooks was due to reappear for a gig in Dublin and for another venue around the country?

And for next July?

Where are they getting their crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Paddy Power offering 4/1 online now that no GB concert in ireland in 2015 - anyone fancy trying to recoup last years expenses :-) giveaway based on yesterdays statements ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I still didn't get the money for my bet on there been no gb concert in Ireland in 2014. I think I got it a 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

not really, they didn't leave it any later than usual for concerts. in fact, they made the decision much earlier than many other gigs. various Marlay Park concerts this summer didn't get licences until the day before the concert.
    you can make a case for planning and licencing regulations being shambolic, but DCC were acting according to them either way.

Aiken should have made sure everything was watertight before going ahead and putting them on sale. Croke Park were equally to blame.

I understand from the Oireachtas Committee discussion that was held in July that Aiken Promotions and Croke Park made contact with Dublin City Council to notify it that they were considering putting the 4th and 5th shows onsale, and that there was no immediate objection from the Council to that, when it first heard the suggestion.

(The coverage of the Oireachtas Committee discussion is on youtube)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I understand from the Oireachtas Committee discussion that was held in July that Aiken Promotions and Croke Park made contact with Dublin City Council to notify it that they were considering putting the 4th and 5th shows onsale, and that there was no immediate objection from the Council to that, when it first heard the suggestion.

(The coverage of the Oireachtas Committee discussion is on youtube)

Please. Just. Stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Corholio wrote: »
    Please. Just. Stop.

Hi.

I just included the videos, because it includes evidence from both sides in the issue.:)

Advertisement