Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a good hose..

• 17-10-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I have gone through 2 this season. A hozelock one (can't recall which one) and a yellow one I bought in a local DIY shop. I would prefer spend a little extra and get a decent one. 30m or more. Anyone swear by the one they have?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

How on earth did you go through them?

If my hose gets a leak I generally cut out a small sectio and use a cheap hose connector. Picked up a few for 29p when I was up in Sainsburys..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

yfaykya wrote: »
    I have gone through 2 this season. A hozelock one (can't recall which one) and a yellow one I bought in a local DIY shop. I would prefer spend a little extra and get a decent one. 30m or more. Anyone swear by the one they have?

Hoselock.

But remember, hoselock are yellow, but not all yellow hoses are hoselock.
    These days there are lots and lots of cheap imitation out there. If it's v cheap there is a good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What did you do to go through a hoselock hose? Run over with with a lawnmower?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

pwurple wrote: »
    What did you do to go through a hoselock hose? Run over with with a lawnmower?

Nothing! Barely used. It was not yellow though. Was a green one. Kinked something awful and that's where the holes came.

Advertisement