Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I look in unoccupied house prior to completion?

Options
  • 17-10-2014 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have sale agreed on the purchase of a house which is unoccupied.

The property is obviously unoccupied due to the condition of the front garden, and the surveyor discovered that it has had a break-in at some point due to damage found to the external door.

As the whole process has dragged on longer that I would have hoped, my survey was conducted about 2 months ago. Also, the last time I was in the property was before this.

It is near time to exchange contracts. I am wondering would it be reasonable/sensible for me to ask the agent if I could have a quick look in the property just prior to exchange, as there is always the possibility that someone could have got in since the survey and trashed the place.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭UncleChael

Absolutely, You should arrange several viewings, one before you sign contracts to make sure everything is still to your satisfaction and one a few days before the date of completion just to make sure everything has been removed from the house etc, presuming there might be some old junk lying around.

Advertisement