Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Up Mortgage

Options
  • 17-10-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

Does anyone know how it works to Top Up a mortgage with a mortgage company?

I have a house worth €300,000 and the mortgage already on it is €243,000

I am looking to build a garage and finance our wedding which will cost a total of €35,000 and am wondering if this is possible?

Any Ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Moved from Feeedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

You would need to ask your own bank to find out their policy on this but from my experience top ups used to be limited to 80% of the house value and that was back in the boom. You are already at that with your existing mortgage so I imagine it will be difficult if not impossible to get a top up.

Added to that I doubt any bank will top up your mortgage to fund wedding expenses, you are looking at saving that or getting a personal loan. While I am not advocating borrowing for a wedding, if you must then a credit union is an option, if you don't have an account open you and check their lending policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

If your topping up your home loan I would imagine the Bank would need to see evidence of the costs i.e. cost to build garage I would seriously doubt they would allow a wedding loan to be added to home mortgage

Advertisement